ODST Blood Type Shoulder Badges HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran a couple of these off for a member's build. Took the provided .jpg files and converted them to vectors in Illustrator for better printing quality. Resized to suit the Armour specifications and sent to print. Once printed, I ran it though a cutter to cut them out perfectly.

Attachments

• 20190808_152256.jpg
    20190808_152256.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,110
  • 20190729_160842.jpg
    20190729_160842.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 510
  • 67497653_722223858204429_4230053941972303872_n-01.jpg
    67497653_722223858204429_4230053941972303872_n-01.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 780
Last edited:
Maybe I missed it or wasn’t opening the file the correct way, but is there an option to view it without the watermark for ease of printing?
4B98C94A-3CAA-46B1-9E90-E096750C6A7E.jpeg

Excellent work making these all available for other Helljumpers! Funny as well, that this info if tailored for an individual actually COULD save your life or another person's life in a crisis! It's the little details that count!

Just make sure you put your actual blood type. God forbid there is ever a need......being given the wrong blood type is dangerous. Transfusion with the wrong blood type can cause a severe reaction that may be life-threatening. ... A reaction causes your body to form antibodies that attack the new blood cells which could be fatal.

Just make sure you put your actual blood type. God forbid there is ever a need......being given the wrong blood type is dangerous. Transfusion with the wrong blood type can cause a severe reaction that may be life-threatening. ... A reaction causes your body to form antibodies that attack the new blood cells which could be fatal.

I'm sorry, but this is the second time I have seen this today, and I just don't think it is as imperative to have your real blood type on your Shoulder Plate as many people are now trying to make it out to be. In Reality the EMTs are never going to give you a transfusion based on what is written on a piece of a costume. We know that what is written on the shoulder plate is supposed to be the Blood Type, but frankly the vast majority of the general public, which will include Doctors, EMTs, Medics, and Nurses, are probably not even going to know that the shoulder plate is supposed to be a blood type. For all they know its your initials, or maybe you're on the "A Team." Even more so, in a real emergency the medical response team is going to be pretty much ripping you out of your costume as fast as possible to get access to you for treatment so they won't even take the time to read the details on your shoulder plate.

I'm sorry, but this is the second time I have seen this today, and I just don't think it is as imperative to have your real blood type on your Shoulder Plate as many people are now trying to make it out to be. In Reality the EMTs are never going to give you a transfusion based on what is written on a piece of a costume. We know that what is written on the shoulder plate is supposed to be the Blood Type, but frankly the vast majority of the general public, which will include Doctors, EMTs, Medics, and Nurses, are probably not even going to know that the shoulder plate is supposed to be a blood type. For all they know its your initials, or maybe you're on the "A Team." Even more so, in a real emergency the medical response team is going to be pretty much ripping you out of your costume as fast as possible to get access to you for treatment so they won't even take the time to read the details on your shoulder plate.

Again, this thought of mine isn’t a “direct action” sequence plan for super secret squirrel alpha omega tactical elite squadron....smh....

The basic instance in that either you or a friend could notify an emergency responder that the information is indeed correct, either before consciousness or once lost, could be something that saves your life.

I’m not suggesting any first responder see and instantly believe that the information be true, from a costume at a con....

All I’m saying is, if notified, it could assist first responders and save lives, especially in today’s looney America.

I guess you could always just do O- because only O- can take O-
and O- is a universal donor.
So no matter what you are you'll be fine if it somehow happens. Not that it's safer haha.

Reactions: L84
The quietly humorous thing about this to me is that I have a reputation amongst my Regiment as being almost overly Safety Conscience and being extremely cautious when it comes to the safety of my members, but the accuracy of the UNSC Med Ref Card is just not a topic that I am going to fixate on because these are costumes.

Can your ODST Med Ref Card be accurate to you? Yes.

Should your ODST Med Ref Card be accurate to you? Meh, it can’t hurt.

Does your ODST Med Ref Card have be accurate to you? No.

Will the 405th ever institute a rule or regulation that your ODST Med Ref Card has to be accurate to the member wearing it? No, I can not see us ever instituting that kind of rule

Why Not? There are plenty of examples. Maybe you are borrowing a friend’s armor for a convention. Maybe you just bought a set of armor second hand and don’t want to be bothered changing out the shoulders. Maybe you are doing a specific Character from the game, like Buck, Dutch, Mikey, Romeo, or The Rookie, and therefore use their shoulder info.

I also still do not believe that any Emergency Response crew is going to simply take the word of a bystander, friend or family, about a victim’s blood type and immediately began a transfusion with that blood type without checking or typing the victim’s blood first, except for some type of extremely out there disaster survival scenario.

Growing up, my wife’s mother always told her she was AB positive. Then, my wife went in for knee surgery and the doctor told her she was A negative. If there had been some kind of accident and the emergency response crew simply went off of what my wife’s mother said, that she was sure she was AB positive, and started a transfusion with AB blood, she could be dead. All because a bystander, her mother, thought she was sure what blood type she was.

If you want to make sure all your info is correct, great. If you want to encourage your friends to all have correct info, great. But you can not tell people that they have to do that. These are costumes. Not life saving gear. Not protective gear. If something happens at an event to one of my members in an ODST costume, I am not going to tell emergency response crews to trust their UNSC Med Ref card. I am going to tell them it’s a costume.

I had these made for my Landfall Build. If anyone else is doing the same or plans on it. Feel free!

Attachments

• CA581823-5EE2-4000-9AAC-4359BC363190.jpeg
    CA581823-5EE2-4000-9AAC-4359BC363190.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,079
  • 3E30C36E-A3E1-4089-A680-A78C8CD9A7BD.jpeg
    3E30C36E-A3E1-4089-A680-A78C8CD9A7BD.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 1,418
Would it be blasphemy if I stuck this on some spartan armor for the Anubis armor I'm working on? I keep thinking about it and wondering why all UNSC armored personal don't use these except for the ODSTs. It's incredibly useful to have it at a glance and have a barcode to scan to find out any other medical information the individual needs at the time.

Would it be blasphemy if I stuck this on some spartan armor for the Anubis armor I'm working on? I keep thinking about it and wondering why all UNSC armored personal don't use these except for the ODSTs. It's incredibly useful to have it at a glance and have a barcode to scan to find out any other medical information the individual needs at the time.
Why not? It's your build! In the lore though, some Spartans were meant to be expendable, and had no reason for this. They were sent on the most dangerous of missions to do as much damage as they could, and if they came back, they came back. They were soon deployed again, and if heavily injured, they would try and blow up the whole area or something of the sort.

I dont know why spartan IVs dont have this stuff though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back