Odst - Dare W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah, you have to remember that the men wearing this armor have adonis-like physique, so they need the room. Im probably going to have a similar problem with mine, im going to be finishing up the pep on my legs this weekend. And i think if you do the padding right, short, well placed strips to reduce surface area, it shouldnt be too hot.

HaloGoddess said:
So, you couldn't make a stomache piece? :(

I'm gonna try again, it may be simple put It should work. btw I get a new draw tablet for my pc so when I'm done I may send it in a .pdf.

BTW I have those pants too :p

Last edited by a moderator:
wow this project is coming great! any photos of the whole armor together? i ask because im going to start a male version of dare...lol of all the characters in ODST i choose the only one that is female and btw LOVE your halo 3 pajamas :)

I got legs! lol

So I got a thigh done. The other will be done soon as this was relatively quick to put together. Here are some images of my thigh piece. Oh yeah............I'm rockin the Halo pj's! LOL

Front:

thighfront.jpg

Side:

thighside.jpg

Back:

thighback.jpg

And here is a picture of EVERYTHING that I have so far:

fullset.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to share the begining stages of the chestplate for DARE:

chestplate.jpg

And this is all thanks to JUICE! He went ahead and finally made this!! Now give him a hug...........

Okay, how about a high five? lol Or maybe a cookie?? :D hehe

Okay, here is a bit of an update: (no pics though)

Started working on JUICE's awesome DARE ab plate. Within an hour, I managed to cut some pieces out and I have the right half glued together! :D

I printed out ONE of the hip plates, still need to print out the other. Don't ask me why I didn't do it when I did the first one. :p

Still need to cut out and glue the other thigh piece. That would have been done already, but I ended up starting on the chestplate first since I saw that JUICE made it already. :)

Pretty soon I will have ALL pieces pepped and ready for resin, but now there is a problem with that.......it's been pretty cold lately. TOO cold to resin and I don't have a garage. :( I don't think that it would be a good idea to resin when it's so cold outside. Frost has already begun to appear on the cars early in the morning! :eek So now I don't know what to do! If I don't have any warm days, I might not be able to have this completed in time for the release!! :( *cry*

YIKES!:eek Double post! But I have PICTURES!!! hehe

I have completed DARE's ab plate that JUICE so kindly created. It's not a full 100% complete, but it is finished for the most part!! :D

abplate.jpg

abplate2.jpg

Nice! what are you going to put in those 4 empty squares? oh and btw if you cant resin the pieces i have seen some awesome ODST armor parts using hot glue method looks good, is resistent and its flexible! so if can even serve you as paintball suit lol but i think its more expensive than resin though

hope i helped you

beni5o said:
Nice! what are you going to put in those 4 empty squares? oh and btw if you cant resin the pieces i have seen some awesome ODST armor parts using hot glue method looks good, is resistent and its flexible! so if can even serve you as paintball suit lol but i think its more expensive than resin though

hope i helped you

Well, I WILL be using the resin. I am just trying to first get all my pieces pepped first and have that out of the way, then I will begin to apply the resin.

And as for those "empty" squares, there are still pieces that I have to put there. Like I said, the abplate is not a full 100% complete. I still have to cut out the pieces and put them in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
im having the same problem too with the weather, BUT, I know what you can do to get it to work.

it's some what hazardous but it should work. go buy a heater, not a really big one , but not a small one either. now get a box(one to cover the piece and the thing holding it!) and something to put your piece on. now cut a hole to put the box, one big enough for the fan to pump hot air in, and put some holes in the other side so it doesn't catch fire. put the box over the piece you are resining and the

thing holding it. i've done this twice, it works, BUT YOU NEED TO CHECK UP ON IT OFTEN, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF WARPING!

hope fully this will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back