Odst - Dare W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need dares pack? i was working on it earlier but stopped for live action armor, if your interested i can start working again and try and dig up some more ref for it, keep in mind though that nobody's ever built a model of mine in pep before.

that looks SO great Goddess. Im sitting here Pep'ing the forearms as we speak. theyll be the test for scaling on her..

cant wait to see more!

thanks so much for all your help and warm welcome already!

good luck

AAAHAHAHAHAAA

Day or night, I will STILL resin! LOL

Since I am really working against the clock, I want to get as much done as I possibly can and I'm not letting night time stop me! haha

night_resin.jpg

I am using my reptiles day time heat lamp to light up my work area. I have it clamped to my table umbrella! I would not have had to do it this way, but my outside door lights are both burned out so I had to use an alternative! hehe

I was pretty impressed that I got 6 pieces done today too! I fiberglassed the chestplate, resined the helmet, hip plates AND knee pieces! :D

Wtfmfkr said:
I'm gonna have to invest in some of those soda bottles for my late night endeavors lol

Can't wait to see it finished.

Using the bottles really help! Even when I resin my helmet, I put that over a bottle too! I just fill it with water so that it's weighted and won't tip over. It's pretty handy and since I drink LOTS of pop, I have TONS of big bottles! haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats looking Awesome Halogoddess, You found a way to do her pack yet? I was looking at in game models an she looks really bulky as a character not sure if she's suppose to because i've seen her looking more dainty. Progress is Awesome day and night now? and stealing the lizards heat lamp :eek but it's all for a good cause sure they would understand ^^

Regards

Venom

Venom_Di_Lemon said:
Thats looking Awesome Halogoddess, You found a way to do her pack yet? I was looking at in game models an she looks really bulky as a character not sure if she's suppose to because i've seen her looking more dainty. Progress is Awesome day and night now? and stealing the lizards heat lamp :eek but it's all for a good cause sure they would understand ^^

Regards

Venom

Well, it was night so my skink didn't need his DAY TIME heat lamp. :pAnd I DO have someone that has started to model DARE's pack. However, he will be needing someone to unfold it. He has a thread for it in the noob forum. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely fantastic, you work fast! How cold is it out there at night? I've been putting off resining because it's been cold (and occasionally damp) here, been worried it'll ruin my resining. Knowing someone is burning through the night to get armor done makes me want to as well, though!

LOTS of progress! :D

I'm hardly stopping to take a bathroom break! LOL

What you see in the first image, are the thigh pieces have been resined along with the forearm pieces. The knee pieces have been fiberglassed. I'm tellin ya, those bottles are SO handy! hehe

progress.jpg

In this image, the hip plates have been fiberglassed.

progress2.jpg

I can't believe I have SO much done in just 2 days! :eek

I have also printed out DARE's pack and will be cutting and gluing that soon. All thanks to ForgedReclaimer for making the model and Harding29 for unfolding it! :D

Also, I have seen that some people have painted their armor without using bondo. After they glassed it, they went straight to painting. I am thinking about doing the same. HOWEVER, my chest plate, and a couple other pieces have some areas that need to be filled and I remember reading something about spot putty. I have NO idea exactly what this stuff is or where I can get it. Can someone help me on this one?

You should be able to get spot putty at automotive/hardware stores. It's normally in little tubes near the bondo buckets from what I've seen.

I see the bottles have struck again.

looking good so far..im actually making a suit for my girl and she wants to help out which will be fun to work on together

I would recomend doing atleast a moderate amount of sanding. Ive looked at some of the odst peices, and because of the way they are made, in game and in pep, they wont need much or any bondo at all to smooth. Im planning on only using a small amount of bondo where there are large bumps, or on any peices that really need it. I also managed to make an odst thigh without folding anything but the major 90 degree type folds, which made it much smoother. If you look at the chest plates, theyre much more mechanical looking, so some of the folds are accurate. Now for my helm im going to smooth the crap out of that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back