Odst Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tre Battle

Jr Member
i have this small question when making the ODST helm by SKG NZ-TK Ruze789 and anyone else should i make the assembled height the same as my MKVI helm or what i couldnt find a formula yet for the helm and i would like to make it but i was wondering if anyone knew if i should try it this way

The default hight is pretty good, i wouldnt make it any bigger. I believe that its approximately the same size as the real WETA version.

Well, what I did was measure my head, from the top of my head to my chin in centimeters, and add a another couple centimeters for space if you are going to add padding. Thats what I did, and it worked for me.

I'm 5,2 and my head is roughly 25 cm around a full distance of width and 29 around a full distance of height. But what I find is if you make the helmet 10% small by clicking on 2dpattern window it fits a lot better. It fit me (15 year old) my sister (19 year old) my brother (23 year old) and even my dad put it on his head -.-. But yeah it even fit my 11 year old friend lol. So I would do that if I were you

You might want to give us your height or some additional information, otherwise it's just random guesswork here.
I scaled the helmet at 29 cm tall, which is very very close to weta's scaling. I'm only 5'5" but it looks right on me.

If you're really unsure about it, you could go with 27 cm tall. That is what I came up with when I was using meaurements based on my own head. I just decided to bump it up to 29 for the file because it's closer to weta's.

i am about 5'7" i went with 26 because i assembled a 30cm MKVI helmet and it was ginormous compared to me so i decided to make it bigger than my 25.5 cm helmet that fits but not to big i am almost done assembling it so i'll see if i need to re make or if it will do cuz yea it is weta size but dat doesnt mean i am so im just gonna see how this fits

Try 29 cm scale I used that for mine it came out nice. A few people said it was a little bit bit so I say go with 28cm. I'm 5' 8 so we close in height.

ODST-RAGE said:
Try 29 cm scale I used that for mine it came out nice. A few people said it was a little bit bit so I say go with 28cm. I'm 5' 8 so we close in height.

When i put in any scale i have peices going onto three or two different pages and when i print it i think it will be separated how can i fix that? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloodwaker said:
I'm 5,2 and my head is roughly 25 cm around a full distance of width and 29 around a full distance of height. But what I find is if you make the helmet 10% small by clicking on 2dpattern window it fits a lot better. It fit me (15 year old) my sister (19 year old) my brother (23 year old) and even my dad put it on his head -.-. But yeah it even fit my 11 year old friend lol. So I would do that if I were you
Someone around here is actually my height. Lol, I'm just a little shorter, but I was having the same problem, so this should work.

Tre Battle said:
i am about 5'7" i went with 26 because i assembled a 30cm MKVI helmet and it was ginormous compared to me so i decided to make it bigger than my 25.5 cm helmet that fits but not to big i am almost done assembling it so i'll see if i need to re make or if it will do cuz yea it is weta size but dat doesnt mean i am so im just gonna see how this fits
I'm 5' 7'' as well, and I've had the same problem you've had with the MK VI helmet. My chin to the very top of my head it 26 cm. I'm going to add 1 cm (27 cm total) and see how it goes, because 29cm was way too much.

idk if its just me but when i print out this version the numbers and folds are very small compared to other files, it seems to be with just the ODST armor so far really. supposed to be like that?

also, what does "WETA" stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back