Odst Live Action Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan-419 said:
Epic John-117 reference, possibly?

I guess it can be said that he is in ODST. :)

no Spartans are not. Spartans are part of the Navy and ODSTs are part of the Marines. there is a conflict in one of the books over who is better, Spartans or ODSTs.

Savvy

Last edited by a moderator:
SavvyTank said:
no Spartans are not. Spartans are part of the Navy and ODSTs are part of the Marines. there is a conflict in one of the books over who is better, Spartans or ODSTs.

Savvy

No, you misunderstood me. I know that John-117 isn't an ODST, and personally I believe them to be equally badass. What I meant is this. I know that John (and I assume any Spartans) will not appear in Halo 3: ODST, but I was wondering if the "117" was a reference to John-117, placing him in the game ODST in a peripheral way.

When I wore my suit at PAX, the Bungie guys seemed to be highly amused that I put MC621 instead of MK117 on my chestpiece, so I'm interested to find out what exactly the MK117 references.

Well, i just watched the Spike special where they would go behind the scenes of the live action trailer, and, well, it kinda sucked. They maybe showed 7 minutes of just a girl talking about the brute helmet and putting it on, there were weapons and some helmets, but nothing like i thought they would do. maybe my expectations were too high, but i guess i expected more

Spartan-419 said:
No, you misunderstood me. I know that John-117 isn't an ODST, and personally I believe them to be equally badass. What I meant is this. I know that John (and I assume any Spartans) will not appear in Halo 3: ODST, but I was wondering if the "117" was a reference to John-117, placing him in the game ODST in a peripheral way.

if i remember right 117 is in more than just johns call sign. ill have to go back to the books to see if i can find anything.

Trooper0621 said:
When I wore my suit at PAX, the Bungie guys seemed to be highly amused that I put MC621 instead of MK117 on my chestpiece, so I'm interested to find out what exactly the MK117 references.

did they say anything els? like "whos MC621??"

Savvy

SavvyTank said:
did they say anything els? like "whos MC621??"

Savvy

Nah. I forget who it was exactly, hard to see with the helmet on. He called over another Bungie employee and basically said "Hey look, it says MC621!", and they both laughed. I didn't think much of it then, though later on I was wondering .

They also told me Halo Reach was going to be a card game. Those funny Bungie folk.

Here's a link to the GameTrailers TV episode:

LINK

The feature on ODST runs from 12:45 to 15:04.

Too short, not terribly in depth... I appreciate anything we get to see from this thing, but I guess I was just hoping for a longer or more comprehensive look.

Liked the statue of the odst in the behind the scene trailer.

The gauntlets look like a mix between WETA and odst game versions.

Swat and ex military people used in the commercial?! woah, they must have some connections :p

The behind the scenes was a bit disappointing, but I did like seeing more of the brute head (even though it was in the final version for all of 2 seconds. Anyone able to get some screengrabs of the armor suit from the video? Might be good reference material.

:/ I f***ing HATE spike TV.

They dwell on the boring uninteresting $#!T and edit and butcher to hell the good stuff.

I actually found the new LucasArts IP and where their return to their roots interesting.

But I do wish they had a lot more on the behind the scenes stuff for the making of the short.

Well, got a few packages in the mail today, but the one that was the sweetest...ODST.

p_00057.jpg

I got two questions for you guys do you happen to know what the name of the song and who sings it is? And where in the world did you get those t-shirts at I want! Also for your downloading pleasure I have gotten the videos for downloading the ODST commercial and you can get them from these links the first 2 links are HD videos and the last 2 are normal so enjoy because now you can watch it over and over again without having to keep going to a link to watch it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/133170436/c0c2f8b2/odst.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/133170681/bed660b4/odst2.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/133170958/79f8e160/odst3.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/133171277/6f9816f7/odst4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back