Odst Live Action Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DYSTORTED INC: Nope. He puts the flag under the entire breastplate (magenta). Crack (green) is just there, next to the edge of the second layer plate (the one with MK117 text). It's oddly shaped and crosses letters that go beyond the crack (stickers). It's damaged armor, not a compartment. Please note the way he kneels to grab the flag - it's super unnatural and can be only explained by the fact that it was way too easy to damage the armor by performing some moves that would strain the armor.

crackl.png

I understand where you're coming from, but...observe my changes to the pics. The blue circled latch button, well, the opening where the button would fit into. And the red circled magnets or detents. I'm not trying to start a war, just stating facts. Thats the only reason it would make that clicking sound when he presses it back closed, and why it seals flush with the rest of the armor. Hidden Compartment.

[attachment=11924:crackl.png]

am I the only one who sees this?

Strange, the legs appear to have a soft part on the back that wraps instead of a hard part:

Legs01Smaller.jpg

I will be altering my Weta legs model soon to reflect changes in this, probably after I see what the behind the scenes show has.

xalener said:
I rest my case I guess.

i thought it was pretty cool, but didn't like how you can't see the pistol firing, or the effects on the brute. also, his teeth bother me for some reason...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruze789 said:
Strange, the legs appear to have a soft part on the back that wraps instead of a hard part:

*PIC*

I like the in-game and Weta legs better than those. They look like the costumers just cast a bunch of the same leg in flex-foam and slit them up the back so that everyone could just change the overlap to fit.

Sc0ped91 said:
he definitely sticks the flag into the armor i just re watched it like 10 times

do you see the latch and detents as well as the click sound as it closes.

I see it sticking out from behind the whole plate, which makes me think he's just tucking it behind.

Though a secret compartment is a nice idea. I was hiding my PAX badge behind the center piece by the end of the expo.

You can paste it in MS paint afterwards sorry, I forgot that and before you can paste it you have to click on the select button and then right click and the option should be there.

A lot of the media players won't let you copy the imagery that's on the screen when you hit "PrtScrn", otherwise people would have no reason to buy the "pro editions" that let you copy images.

It's definitely just tucked behind the chest piece. The "clicking" is just the buckles and gear shifting around. You can see the flag clearly sticking out after he tucks it in.

Yeah, at the end he's just shoving the flag in between his undersuit and the hard chest plate.

Loess said:
Yeah, at the end he's just shoving the flag in between his undersuit and the hard chest plate.

That's the impression that I got. Given the nature of an ODST, especially their short life expectancy, I wouldn't really see a "secret compartment," as pertinent. Tucking it between his chest and armor is also more symbolic, showing that he keeps his lifestyle as an ODST very close to his person.

DYSTORTED INC said:
I'm not trying to start a war, just stating facts.

Well, then don't state your opinion as fact. :) If you want to take some screenshots, download full vid from GT (requires GT login) and use VLC player to take screenshots (shift+S in VLS lets you do that; it allows you to play vid in slo-mo too).

I've got to agree with Trooper0621 - he's tucking flag behind his breastplate.

28052604.png

Two frames from the vid - it's evident that flag goes under the leftmost part of the plate, not into the crack. Also what you say is a latch, it's just a sticking out part of a sticker with a letter M.

It's not even practical to have some sort of compartment in that place. About an inch to the side - sure. Let's take a look how the breastplate looks like.

77040371.png

There are 4 layers of the armor: central curved one, trapezoid "flaps", main part with bolts, extra plate underneath. I agree that it would be a cool idea to have a hidden compartment somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd layer, but what you claim to be the hidden compartment isn't aligned with any major part of the armor and is about 1 inch from the place where it would make perfect sense to have an entrance to the "personal space".

89528799.png

Why would you put extra seam across the trapezoid part and text on it (blue), if you can use "natural" seam as an entrance point (green)?

92105958.png

Yes it does. Same for in-game armor (it's easy to spot it on Romeo's breastplate during the opening cinematic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back