Odst Live Action Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan-419 said:
I meant people were wanting the "Lament" song, lol

yeah, that one is sick. i love the gaelic stuff, like some enya and others

Last edited by a moderator:
Shade said:
Just saw the whole trailer on Spike TV, it was AWESOME!!!

same, and they said on thursday at 12:30 am (EST) they'll be showing how it was made.

Shade said:
Just saw the whole trailer on Spike TV, it was AWESOME!!!

I was retarded, and missed it! D:

Anyone know if it's on the interwebz yet? I checked on youtube to no avail...

Achille said:
I was retarded, and missed it! D:

Anyone know if it's on the interwebz yet? I checked on youtube to no avail...

I don't think so, however seeing how the internet is huge, probably tomorrow.

Recorded from a TV, but you get the idea - the one on Halo.fr was indeed an unfinished leak.

In retrospect, the 2:30 one added near enough nothing to the whole thing. A bit more of both funerals, a bit more combat, a bit more training. In all, was it worth the wait? :\

Peter Cooper said:
In retrospect, the 2:30 one added near enough nothing to the whole thing. A bit more of both funerals, a bit more combat, a bit more training. In all, was it worth the wait? :\

I've got to agree, that extra 60 seconds really wasn't quite the 60 seconds I was hoping to see.

I'm hoping the behind the scenes show will at least give us some more of that ODST armor. All this time I've been focused on the Weta set but I'd give it up if we can see more of the new one.

The chest piece goes all the way across the chest, I'm talking about the side plates of the chest, it goes all the way across and looks a bit separate from the main piece. That's just my opinion from what I observed.

Trooper0621 beat me to it. :) What do you mean by "pre-mission evaluation sessions for some more background" though? (hint: wrong image URL ;])

Hah, woops. They are mock interview conducted by different actors (not Nathan Fillion & Co.), showing Buck talking to Dutch, Romeo, and Mickey. There's a little video that shows what goes on through each Marine's head while they're answering questions.

For example, when Dutch thinks of "bird" a Pelican shows up, when Mickey thinks of river a flyby of a river occurs, and when Romeo thinks of a flower...a rose tattooed on a girl's chest appears.

I see. :)

Some random observations.

frontm.png

Breastplates in "We are ODST" and game have some minor differences. Extra edge (red) and bolts (green) plus additional plate in the back (blue). Also logo over the heart is different (ODST in WaODST and ONI in the game). Top of the plate is also smoother in-game. It's interesting that armor used in the video seems pretty fragile (orange lines). Unnamed ODST has visible crack next to the UNSC text and Tarkov has huge crack across the MK117 text which is visible when he puts the flag under his breastplate. Interestingly it seems that this was one of the last scenes shot since there's no crack when we see him putting his helmet on. It's also obvious that MK117 text are stickers and not paint.

And BTW: since ODSTs have nicknames on their breastplates (and on the back of their helmets) it is possible that Tarkov is just that - a nickname, and he is a close relative of deceased SSGT K. Stark. If Halo Wikia is right and it was supposed to be a "Russian like" unit, Tarkov could possibly come from tarka = grate (-ov suffix meaning "-like", "comming form-"). It can be a real name too though. :)

I can watch this trailer over and over again. It's awesome. :]

That crack is a compartment used for storing objects. Watch the trailer a few times over at 2:09, you'll see the latch at the top, the opening, and the detents or magnets on the hinged area that lock into place (flush) when he closes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back