Odst Tarkov Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
you didnt wet your mat properly on the first set of pictures, it should literally disappear with the stuff that you used, try pushing it into the fiber with the brush, being careful not to distort it, or another good way, lay down a premature coat of resin, let it dry until it is tacky [stucky, but doesnt come off on your fingers] then push the clot or mat onto it, then applying your resin over it, it usually holds it, but in places with sharper bends, keep a close eye on it so you know it doesnt come up, i had a lot of sanding to do on my helmet because one piece came up

smilie120 said:
Haha.

Rydw I'n hoffi coffi!

Mae fy nghymraeg yn gadel I, ners gadael ysgol.. :(

Yeah, likewise...

Also, we speak a different brand of Welsh up here, so it's odd sometimes talking to a Southie yn Cymraeg...

I'm not even Welsh, I'm Scottish, but what can you do? Just make armour and hang the sense of it...

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey cheers guys, im not a big speaker of welsh, took it long course in my GCSE an came out with a B, so all i no is the basics,

Bore da, lewis ydw i, mae un deg chewch oed a dwin byw un Rhisga yadda yadda thas probably my limit :p

Any ways got a little bit of painting done again tonight,

SDC10415.jpg

Not to happy with the TARKOV but i'll b scratchin some of it off for the weathering so it will hopefully look better then. I had the flash on when i took the pic so it looks really bright. Does any one know what the writing is on the two black sections of the plate, i was thinking it was their service number or code but from all the stills and pics i cant make it out. Any help would be appreciated or if not i was thinking to just put the tag you can have on your character on the halo MP, so mine will be A-42.

What do you guys think?

Before i was a member i found a tarkov odst chest plate but you already bondoed the normal chest. but ill send if wanted. :D

edit:that was off topic but anyways very good job better than mine

Hey thanks for the compliments and the advice,@ MT.odst yeh i hav that file but i decided to use this one as i can later mold it to make other chest plates :p

So i got to work on the chest piece yet again and tried using the way adam adds damage to his piece, just spraying on black and then quickly rubbing it off, but it didnt look right. So i decided to cover the entire piece with black and sand off most of it, and this is the result :D

SDC10424.jpg

SDC10423.jpg

SDC10417.jpg

lol, cheers shade. Well i dont know if theres something in the water in wales but somehow ive also managed to finish the centre equipment piece :p

SDC10435.jpg

I used the same method on the piece as the chest plate but I made another noob mistake by not letting the paint dry properly which resulted in some parts peeling when sanding, but its worked out for the better as they have been painted silver and make really good scratch marks. I know it wont be accurate but i may not put in the circle section thats on the piece as i think it looks good as is, what do you guys think??

SDC10431.jpg

Also a pic of the chest and equipment piece together :D

Hey. i never seen another welsh person on here.

Just a question, where do you get youre card stock from,

ebay is costing too much.

Diolch yn fawr.:D

Got a small update here, i got some accrylic paint today and started to add the oiley/mud stuff thats on Tarkovs chest

SDC10438.jpg

SDC10440.jpg

Pretty easy to do, just watered down the accrylic and held the brush in the spots where i wanted it, then just let the paint run down the chest for the affect.

Im not really sure on it tho, but it is accrylic so will come off pretty easy if i change my mind about it.

@Ironmann/ i get my card from the range, pack of 50 sheets for £3, dont know what gsm it is but it works really well

Should have an update later on tonight with my shoulder piece so keep watching

lewis

looking very nice!

i dind't saw alot of tarkovs around here, yours looks awesome

cant wait5 to see more!

Bob

welshwarrior123 said:
Well i dont know if theres something in the water in wales

Unfortunately not. My work's coming along hella slow, maybe it's just down south... I don't even have enough to post a WIP... Yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
hey thanks guys, how do you become "veteran" any ways??

Anyways, started the shoulder tonight (excuse my messy desk :unsure )

SDC10441.jpg

SDC10444.jpg

Just gorra fill up some bits with putty and its ready for paint. I know its not entirely accurate at the moment, but it will be having styrene put on it as soon as halo-ween is over, so that will make it look more accurate, along with the lower section on. Ive also started to pep the new odst helm but its not worthy of a pic due to it still being cut out, although i wont be in a hurry to finish as my plan was to purchase one of Links helms.

Cheers for looking and hope you all have a good night tomorrow

lewis

hey guys hope you all had a good halloween.

I got some updates here for you all

Pic heavey

First off ive finished glassing the shoulder bell and have put on its first coat of the lovely green stuff

SDC10451.jpg

SDC10452.jpg

When thats all smoothed out i will probably start work on scratch building the lower piece of the shoulder

Ive also done a bit of shopping aswell,

Can you guess what i am making :D

SDC10454.jpg

Some cotton sheet, foam, sculpter wire and PVC plastic

Got a template drawn out onto the foam ready to be cut out

SDC10457.jpg

I take it you all know what it is after this pic.

SDC10458.jpg

I was looking through all the other amzing pouches people have done for their odst, i found that some look a bit flat and stiff, so what i have done is cut into the foam and inserted the sculter wire all around the inside. This now allows me to bend and shape the puuch to fit more flush with my torso.

Any way, with the cotton covering the foam, and with bits of plastic and and foam layerd on top i have come up with this:

SDC10470.jpg

I am pretty happy with this due to it being my first scratch build, so now i hope i can get the other pouch looking the same :p

Heres a pic of all the font just to show how its coming together

SDC10479.jpg

Cheers for looking updates soon,

lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back