Odst Tarkov Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, sorry bout not updating lately, been pretty swamped with collage and family, but i manged to get some free time today.

First off my neck seal came, which im really happy with, Its a stormtrooper one off ebay and velcro's up at the back.

SDC10622.jpg

Due to the lovely british weather we're having, fiberglassing is a no no. So i had to make do with what i had already fiberglassed which is the lower back sections. So with some new pots of bondo i began pileing it on.( This was only done 10 minutes before this post so not much to show on this)

SDC10619.jpg

Ive also sanded and started to fill in all the trouble areas on the other section,

SDC10638.jpg

Still got more lol :p, ive also began to rig up the bits ive got done, using some elastic ive made a H harness style of setup for the chest plate,

SDC10630.jpg

And ive made a belt to attach to the pouches, this is still wet with glue, hense the white stuff on the velcro, and the white powdery bit on the belt is bondo dust off my hand(Tha stuff gets every where)

SDC10632.jpg

Thats pretty much it for now but i will most likely have updates tonight of either the back sections primered or hopfully finished. Cheers for the compliments guys and ghost i'll try and post a tut on the weathering for you but the weather isnt the best at the moment over here . Any way thanks and updates soon,

welsh

hey guys. sorry about the lack of updates but my compter has broke so there wont be any for a week [doin this on a psp :}] but i have finished the back pieces which im pleased with. anyways cheers for looking. Welsh

Hey guys, sorry for long absence, but my computer is now up and running again and i have some updates to show.

So ive been working on the back section of the armour for now, due to the weather over here fiberglassing is out of the question so I had to use the parts i already got done.

SDC10641.jpg

SDC10644.jpg

SDC10645.jpg

SDC10646.jpg

SDC10650.jpg

I dont why but I decided to put some yellow on the piece to break the colour up a bit and I think it looks good.Ive got some little touches to do on it then its pretty much finished. Ive got the lower shoulders now printed out and the rest of the back is resined but wont be fiberglassed till after X-mas. Any updates now this side of christmas will be just little things like paint and pep pieces, so updates soon. Cheers for looking.

Welsh

Hey im just starting my ODST armor and I hope mine looks half as good. Im just wondering if you had and problems with the resining of the larger parts such as the torso armor

hey cheers for the compliments, I was a bit worried at the thought of glassing the torso, means as its the biggest thing ive done yet. But as long as you have enough strips of matting pre-cut and work fast its not that difficult. Though i did have to prop up the sides so it didnt warp as they tend to bend easily under the weight of the wet FB. Hope tha helps.

After looking at Mb odst build, ive decided to also go with a chest rig to hold it together, The set up i made worked but did feel comfortable. So if any one has any cheap recomendations for one i would be very grateful.

welsh

You armours looking pretty good. Is it okay to bondo in this weather? I've been glassing mine and its been drying fine.

Are you going to the london mcm expo in may with this armour? :)

Also, where'd you get the neck seal?

I imagine the weather shouldnt effect bondo to badly as it dries quickly and is an exothermic reaction, although i did have a trouble spot on my chest piece but i think that was down to me not mixing the hardner well enough. With glassing tho i heard it doesnt harden properly in the cold, I wouldnt like to try it incase of ruining a peice but if yours are hardning fine i may try it, everythings a learning curve ;)

The neck seal i got off ebay, pretty decent one aswell, i think i paid around £15.00 inc p&p,

Ive never been to a convention before although i do want to go soon. London's pretty far from where i am so i doubt it will be then. Ive heard video games live tho are coming back to cardif next year so thats probably what i will attend. So i will most likley attempt to glass the last section of the back peice this weekend just to see if the cold affects it, if not ive got a gauntlet to do aswell.

Any way cheers for looking, updates soon.

Welsh

Glassing been fine with me. Make sure you mix enough hardener, I think I've been doing it with a little more hardener then usual and its been drying fine. Afew air bubbles here and there but I'll learn to get round that ay :)

smilie120 said:
Haha! I'm from the Valleys myself ;)

But I'm studying at Caerleon University just outside of Newport. Small world eh? ;P

The surprise? Meh! I'll post it here if you want!

I've edited rundowns ODST file (with permission)

Cutting out all the pointless details and making it Much easier!

oooobc.jpg

does anyone have this file? i want to get this simple version and add in the detail with clay.

Last edited by a moderator:
tarchinoko said:
What kind of grey paint is that? It looks just the way I want mine

The paint is a UK brand bought from fastparts and is called hurricane grey which is made by holts. Bare in mind it takes about 4 - 5 days to dry , which you then have to go over very lightly with paper to take the shine off it as its automobile paint.

heres the link to the topic to download smilies and rundowns odst helm,

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22420&st=0&p=356910&#entry356910

Enjoy

welsh

Great progress, sucks the weather is naff so we cant resin pieces, But defiantly up for storming Video Games Live next year as a squad of armoured people. Someone needs to set up a topics about it.

Im welsh too if people wanted to know :)

welshwarrior123 said:
The paint is a UK brand bought from fastparts and is called hurricane grey which is made by holts. Bare in mind it takes about 4 - 5 days to dry , which you then have to go over very lightly with paper to take the shine off it as its automobile paint.

heres the link to the topic to download smilies and rundowns odst helm,

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22420&st=0&p=356910&#entry356910

Enjoy

welsh

thanks for the link! i"ll get on that pretty soon!

No probs rachet.

sykes

It would be awsome to get some peeps to go to video games live all kitted up :D

Anyways looks like im gonna have to scratch the idea of trying to resin this weekend as its started to snow :p and its supposed to get worse. So no updates soon and i hope you all have a merry christmas.

Cheers for looking

welsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back