Odst Tarkov Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey cheers for the compliments guys,

@ ironiumcostuming: no i didnt finsish at halloween, the pics that you see is where i am at

@Killinghorne: The pouches were made out of foam, (seat cusions to be exact) Then wire was cut into the foam so that they can bended, covered in black fabric then all the details cut and added out of foam and plastic, hope tha helps

Got another update, finished the second pouch, ( for some reasson the pouch seems to have a purple tint in the pictures but the fabric is jet black)

SDC10492.jpg

SDC10493.jpg

Same method used as the first, only i got this one done in about 2hours which i was pretty chuffed with :D

I have also just bought a dark grey/black boiler suit and a stormtrooper neckseal off ebay which should hopefully be here next week. Next up is the shoulders :p

Cheers for looking

lewis

done some more work tonight on the shoulder, mind this will be pic heavey.

I done most of the work on the shoulder before and was just goin to paint it as is. But i thought of trying the foamie method (dont know whose thread i saw it in but thanks)

i first layed down painters tape around the areas i didnt want bondo on, then glued the foam on top.

SDC10497.jpg

then time to apply the bondo, getting it as smoothly spread as i could, (hard day at college today and didnt want to do much sanding :)

SDC10500.jpg

once tacky to the touch i peal off the masking tape, after a little bit of sanding and primer im left with this

SDC10505.jpg

i then applied the grey main colour then masked off the raised area, and applied some tarkov yellow

SDC10510.jpg

SDC10517.jpg

and heres the finished shoulder, minus the lower section(havent got a clue how to scratch build so if any one has any ideas it would be appreciated)

SDC10518.jpg

SDC10522.jpg

sorry for the amount of pics but this was my first time using this method, an i hope that the people that havant tried it can see how easy and effective it is to add detail. I will be using this method for the other shoulder which will have the blood type details on, then onto the lower section of the shoulder :unsure

Cheers for looking

lewis

yay 40th post :p

Havant really done much, but ive got a few things to show.

First off ive put the weathering on the shoulder bell, the lower sections have also had their 1st coat of resin but its not worth showing atm.

SDC10539.jpg

My boiler suit has also came,(looks really shiny in the pics but looks good in person) what it looks like with the parts ive done

SDC10527.jpg

Ive also cut the collar off as i have a stormtrooper neck seal which will be sewed on, and ive found a use for the collar,

SDC10530.jpg

Got all the ab section linked together now with the excess collar piece, just gotta get a belt to thread through then get a H harness.

But ive also got one of the forearms pepped and ready, these have a coat of resin on

SDC10534.jpg

SDC10536.jpg

So thats all for now but i should have more done soon, just gotta get some more fiberglass. So thanks for looking, updates soon

lewis

Fantastic work being done here, but I especially like the can of Relentless there in one of the shots... That's how we know you're working hard :)

Gorra love the energy drink :D

havant had much time lately due to college but I Got some small updates here,

I got the other shoulder primed and ready with a coat of the final grey colour, just waiting to get some white spraypaint to do the shoulder patch details. (Thanks to the thread about whats on it)

SDC10562.jpg

SDC10574.jpg

SDC10571.jpg

Ive also found the lower section in pep :coolso i dont have to worry about scratch building them and these will be in the works next.

Also got one of the back plates primered and ready for paint,

SDC10570.jpg

SDC10569.jpg

Cheers for looking,

welsh

Looks great. Only costumers will go to great length to cache something for paint, then ruin it by weathering it. It will look really good. Love the work on the forearm piece.

Cheers for the compliments guys they really do help get the work done :p

@Aron, if your comparing the size of the chest piece to the pic of when its on the boiler suit, the pice is sitting very low making it look small, although i think the shoulders are a little small, hoping the lower piece will buff them out a bit :cool

SDC10581.jpg

Pic showing my chest piece (scaled +20%)with the unscaled one. Cheers for the comments guys

Welsh

This is looking really great! I really like how you are weathering your suit.... keep up the good work! I'll be keeping an eye on this. :)

hey guys, got some free time today due to really bad weather and started work on the small little pouch on the front.

Same method as the other pouches i made,

Cut the shape i wanted out of foam,

SDC10585.jpg

Covered in black fabric with a foam strip,

SDC10588.jpg

some more black fabric so as to look like the strap,

SDC10589.jpg

Then annoyanly cutting out the buckle section out of PVC, slapping on some silver and weathering and im left with this,

SDC10593.jpg

Mounted it to the rest of the pieces and its starting to take shape, also forgot about a little section of black on the buckle that is now on in these pics. Again for some reasson my camera is making the black look more like purple.

SDC10603.jpg

SDC10607.jpg

Cheers for looking guys, updates soon,

Welsh

wow i like your idea on how you made your belt and the left and right equipment packs. really outstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back