Odst Tarkov Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, small update.

As i said in an earlier post, i was going to try fiberglassing in the cold weather, an I think that this classifies as cold :p

SDC10660.jpg

Anyways i went out and bought the biggest container of resin my store had, any one in the uk that wants to know some good stuff this is the one i use,

SDC10664.jpg

So i manged to resin all of the piece, while using plastic bags as i base, i brushed the FB onto it making sure i covered all of neck line, this will then be trimed later.

SDC10665.jpg

SDC10666.jpg

Also a little off topic but i pepped and resined my first helmet the other day, but thats for a later project.

SDC10652.jpg

Cheers for looking guys, i should have some updates later today to see if the FB has dried correctly.

Welsh

That looks positively tropical compared to how it is here. We've had several inches of snow and temperatures have barely gone above freezing. On topic, however, everything looks in order and I hope you carry on doing well.

I wouldnt say tropical, but I know its nothing compared to what most of you guys get state side, we do have more though tonight :D

Heres the update, To be honest i was expecting the peice to never dry or be very britle. But im really happy with the outcome, its dried faster than if I'd done it on a warm day.

SDC10670.jpg

And after a quick tidy up with a dremel,

SDC10673.jpg

SDC10680.jpg

SDC10687.jpg

Depending on how much bondo i have left i may start the smoothing process tomorrow. Cheers for looking, updates soon.

Welsh

Hey guys got another update to through at you. Got some good progress done on the neck armour today, but wow my fingers are really hurting.

Using jedistumpies foamie method, i added a game accurate indent on the front, and deciced to put detail lines on the side(dunno why i just wanted to :p) As you can probably see im not the best bondo aplicator.

SDC10690.jpg

After alot of sanding and more bondo and more sanding and some sore fingers, followed up with some filler, this is where i am.

Pretty pleased with myself for about and 1hr and halfs work.

SDC10693.jpg

SDC10702.jpg

SDC10703.jpg

Obviously its no where near finished, but any comments or critism is highley welcomend :D Any ways really doubt i'll have any updates this side of christmas as its my B-day tommorow and the big day friday. So cheers for looking and have a merry christmas.

Welsh

update time, although a small one.

Found some great stuff i thought i could use to connect my back sections, and it worked out really well. The stuff i used is like a foamie but with a magnetic backing on it, this makes it very strong and very flexable.

The colour goes well with the grey of the armour if i say so myself :p

SDC10707.jpg

Close up of the joint.

SDC10722.jpg

And a look at the back at how i connected it. The piece was hot glued on and so far looks to be holding well.

SDC10723.jpg

Shaymin sky: I did remove the foamie after the sanding was complete, the stuff that looks wet is just spot putty. Cheers for the compliment

Thanks for looking,

welsh

smilie120 said:
Haha! I'm from the Valleys myself ;)

But I'm studying at Caerleon University just outside of Newport. Small world eh? ;P

The surprise? Meh! I'll post it here if you want!

I've edited rundowns ODST file (with permission)

Cutting out all the pointless details and making it Much easier!

oooobc.jpg

2:15am I think I best be getting some sleep... >.>

Hey man, I was wondering if you could P.M. me the pdo for that ODST helm? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
___________________________ << Straight bold lines like this are to be cut out

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ << This is a mountain fold, so fold down

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.- <<Valley fold, so fold up

Hope tha helps :p

Welsh

Altair651 said:
What do the straight lines on the pep mean, are those mountain folds or valley folds?

Read through the thread.

I've unfolded the helmet so that Mountain folds have no spaces, makes everyting look cleaner.

You can tell wich parts belong to the shape beacuse it has a light blue texture.

Also great work on the ODST it's really coming along :)

I thought he just meant what do the lines mean, as in valley or mountain, sorry :(

Cheers for the compliments smilie, ive just bough some more bondo so i'll be working on finishing the last torso piece tomorrow, so updates soon.

Cheers

welsh

smilie120 said:
Read through the thread.

I've unfolded the helmet so that Mountain folds have no spaces, makes everyting look cleaner.

You can tell wich parts belong to the shape beacuse it has a light blue texture.

Also great work on the ODST it's really coming along :)

What you just said made no sense to me, and confused me even more? =P

welshwarrior123 said:
I thought he just meant what do the lines mean, as in valley or mountain, sorry :(

Cheers for the compliments smilie, ive just bough some more bondo so i'll be working on finishing the last torso piece tomorrow, so updates soon.

Cheers

welsh

I still sorta need to know what the straight lines mean?!

hey guys im back, the weathers starting to perk up a bit now and im all done with my exams, so bring on the tarkov :D

Only really got it out of the shed today and started to finish up where i left off, mainly the neck armour.

This is where i was at before:

SNC00045.jpg

SNC00046.jpg

Now I have only just started this back up so theres no major updates yet, but I got the bondo out and started applying to the neck seal.

SNC00049.jpg

SNC00050.jpg

SNC00047.jpg

Cheers for looking guys and its nice to start this up again, should start having regular updates again soon so keep touch :p

Welsh

Got anothe update here, I have finally finished the back armour :D .....sort of.

Got it all primered and painted up, but i decided not to putty fill all the cracks and chips as i thought when i weather it the black will collect in the crevases, which it did do. Im pretty happy with it, albiet i think some of the silver needs to be tonned down a bit. I may also redo the "ODST" as i dont really think it looks right and i kinda rushed it. Anyways heres the picture:

SNC00072.jpg

SNC00074.jpg

SNC00075.jpg

SNC00068.jpg

SNC00071.jpg

SNC00069.jpg

The last but one picture, it was only put together with tape just to see what its like so ignore the gap. Now that this is done i can work on fitting it all togther and attatching it to the front section.

Cheers for looking and updates soon,

Welsh

SNC00070.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back