Foam ODST: Version 1 was okay. Now for Version 2

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
One again,my rare update post on my suit. No real progress here. I started sealing the armour. For sealing this time I used Flexbond. I chose this product, mainly cuz it can do it indoors and just brush it on. The only parts that still need sealing are the thighs and chest rig.
I also have the helmet templates printed out but, have been too lazy to cut them out and tracing onto foam.
20210613_182934.jpg

indigoD0g

This suit is incredibly perfect. I’m excited to see it done. Looking at the way you seal your seams, I might have to go back and add more sealant to mine. I’m always afraid to go overboard, but yours look really nice. Can I ask how you do it?

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
This suit is incredibly perfect. I’m excited to see it done. Looking at the way you seal your seams, I might have to go back and add more sealant to mine. I’m always afraid to go overboard, but yours look really nice. Can I ask how you do it?
Thank you so much. My seams are actually pretty bad. There is a lot of effort put into smoothing it out. Lol. I would sand/dremel down and uneven areas. For gaps I filled the in with Woodlands Foam Putty. Let that cure for 48hrs then sand smooth. If there are still dips or uneven spots apply more putty, cure and sand.

indigoD0g

Thank you so much. My seams are actually pretty bad. There is a lot of effort put into smoothing it out. Lol. I would sand/dremel down and uneven areas. For gaps I filled the in with Woodlands Foam Putty. Let that cure for 48hrs then sand smooth. If there are still dips or uneven spots apply more putty, cure and sand.
I do something pretty similar, I use Kwik Seal plus and fill in the cracks, and use a bit of water to smooth it out. Seams are hard to get rid of, it made me a lot more careful when piecing things together

indigoD0g

The armoury files for the forearms are brutal. I had to simplify and combine parts of them. I found the unfolds didn't make sense.
I just checked those out last night. I'm not a big fan of the pattern but I always tweak the patterns anyways. You're looking great though! Are you painting soon?

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
I just checked those out last night. I'm not a big fan of the pattern but I always tweak the patterns anyways. You're looking great though! Are you painting soon?
Yes! I have started to paint. Right now it's a matte black base colour. I am thinning Liquatex Basics Ivory Black and applying it with my airbrush. (you may have seen it on my IG) 20210714_184955.jpg 20210714_184949.jpg 20210714_184944.jpg

Last edited:

indigoD0g

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.