Foam ODST: Version 1 was okay. Now for Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking at this makes me think it is finished, that is quite rare out of foam, good job man!
Thank you.
Oh, it's far from it. Lol.
Like I mentioned. Still need the bucket, sealing then painting. Weathering and decals.

This suit is incredibly perfect. I’m excited to see it done. Looking at the way you seal your seams, I might have to go back and add more sealant to mine. I’m always afraid to go overboard, but yours look really nice. Can I ask how you do it?

This suit is incredibly perfect. I’m excited to see it done. Looking at the way you seal your seams, I might have to go back and add more sealant to mine. I’m always afraid to go overboard, but yours look really nice. Can I ask how you do it?
Thank you so much. My seams are actually pretty bad. There is a lot of effort put into smoothing it out. Lol. I would sand/dremel down and uneven areas. For gaps I filled the in with Woodlands Foam Putty. Let that cure for 48hrs then sand smooth. If there are still dips or uneven spots apply more putty, cure and sand.

indigoD0g my forearms and thighs were really bad.
I slathered them with putty. Lol 20210311_174734.jpg20210311_180000.jpg

Thank you so much. My seams are actually pretty bad. There is a lot of effort put into smoothing it out. Lol. I would sand/dremel down and uneven areas. For gaps I filled the in with Woodlands Foam Putty. Let that cure for 48hrs then sand smooth. If there are still dips or uneven spots apply more putty, cure and sand.
I do something pretty similar, I use Kwik Seal plus and fill in the cracks, and use a bit of water to smooth it out. Seams are hard to get rid of, it made me a lot more careful when piecing things together

The forearms and thighs are hard! I finished a thigh last night, took me all day! I’m sure the forearms are more challenging.
The armoury files for the forearms are brutal. I had to simplify and combine parts of them. I found the unfolds didn't make sense.

The armoury files for the forearms are brutal. I had to simplify and combine parts of them. I found the unfolds didn't make sense.
I just checked those out last night. I'm not a big fan of the pattern but I always tweak the patterns anyways. You're looking great though! Are you painting soon?

I just checked those out last night. I'm not a big fan of the pattern but I always tweak the patterns anyways. You're looking great though! Are you painting soon?
Yes! I have started to paint. Right now it's a matte black base colour. I am thinning Liquatex Basics Ivory Black and applying it with my airbrush. (you may have seen it on my IG) 20210714_184955.jpg20210714_184949.jpg20210714_184944.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back