Odst Weta Landfall Ver. Pep Armor By Skg & Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a scale from 1-10 of helmets- with a h2 odst and spartan at a 2, an FS hd at 6ish, and the original Nz odst at 9 - I'd give it a 5. It's not bad at all.

I'm printing it in 5 minutes... I'll try and complete over the weekend and give a bit of feedback to the community on ease of build etc. Looks amazing :D

Okay thanks for the file but im trying to understand what does the program mean when by Depth? it says it next to height and width measurements but i dont understand what it means by depth measurement?

i started this helmet as soon as i got home! but got distracted by stuff after an hour. so i only finished the top ut its comin out great already thanks for the model people! cant wait for the rest of the ODST im making it for my little brother. :D

MC Chris said:
Okay thanks for the file but im trying to understand what does the program mean when by Depth? it says it next to height and width measurements but i dont understand what it means by depth measurement?
Width = lest to right = X axis
Height = top to bottom = Y axis
Depth = front to back = Z axis

Last edited by a moderator:
Sk, I have a few Q's anout the Armour.

-On a scale of 1-10 one being, the h2 uber low poly armour, and 10 being Flying squirrls HD torso. How hard with the torso be to construct?

-How many pages with it take roughly?

-Will the models be easy to scale? E.g like robogenises..Where you just enter you height in inches in to the scale box.

-How are these models soooooo Good!

-Can you give us an ETA? The forn page says a week or more. Can we have a taster? :)

Sorry if these Questions have been answerd. Thanks.

--smilie120

P.s keep up the great work, Ive just finnished Ruzes ODST. And I cannot wait to get started on the rest!! :)

smilie120 said:
Sk, I have a few Q's anout the Armour.

-On a scale of 1-10 one being, the h2 uber low poly armour, and 10 being Flying squirrls HD torso. How hard with the torso be to construct?

-How many pages with it take roughly?

-Will the models be easy to scale? E.g like robogenises..Where you just enter you height in inches in to the scale box.

-How are these models soooooo Good!

-Can you give us an ETA? The forn page says a week or more. Can we have a taster? :)

Sorry if these Questions have been answerd. Thanks.

--smilie120

P.s keep up the great work, Ive just finnished Ruzes ODST. And I cannot wait to get started on the rest!! :)

1.) The armor is about a 5 I'd say, not too hard, but not overly simple, as mine was modeled for Pepakura intent, not a low-res poly model to have a normal map added to the low res surface.

2.) I dunno yet

3.) The models will be measured by Aseembly Height. So you'll have to measure yourself with measuring tape to get the right scale. It's not too hard ;)

4.) I've done 3D modeling for about 5 years, and I made me from scratch ;) I used stills from the landfall shorts and Ruze helped me even further with wonderful Orthographic bluepints

5.) Sorry to say, can't give ya an ETA as my schedule is constantly changing and this is done in my free time, which I have little of, and I don't think there will be a tester :(

No worries these are legitimate questions :)

I apologize if you guys are getting dissappointed, with the movie getting more and more press, I have to put my time into that. And I have actually had to work to do at work*GASP*. We're getting closer! Thanks for being patient!

I must have missed some kind of flame thingie XD

B&G as of now this the most Pep friendly version of the WETA version of the ODST armor. The previous helmet that NZ did was not the easiest build and many of the builders had a few problems. We just adjusted it so it would be easier to pep. As we also feel any nibbly bits of detail can be added with a bit of Bondo, foam or illustration board.

So as far as I am concerned, this helmet file from Ruze is the helmet for the ODST armor pack we are creating. I can't tell you if another forum member is going to do another.

I coined it "WETA" version as my team and I are going off the "Landfall" short films from WETA workshop to make the armor from Scratch in 3DS Max or Cinema 4D :)

First off i want to say beautiful job on the helm. I made it in two and a half days. Last night i fiberglass resign it. And i left it out to try. Next morning i go out to check on it. What do i find, All the sides and back caved in because of the rain. Boy i felt happy. It was done perfectly. But the rain had to have it it's own way!!

Vrogy said:
I've got a pair of Sennheiser HD-457s that I've replaced the wiring on about three times over 5 years- they're still kickin' the killer bass on my head right now.

I love that about Sennheiser gear, they're generally more expensive but being able to swap out the wiring is really handy :) I've had my HD-465's for just over a year now and they're still going strong :D

ShArK said:
Is anyone Making H3/Weta Marine Armour?

If you're talking about Pepakura files, Garland was (is?) working on some H3 Marine armor here and there are some links to people that are just building the armor in here

hahah i like that pic it was to funny lol also i cant wait to see this helmet finished then ill see if i want to make one also when im finished my spartan suit

Just a quick update:

The ODST files are all being unfolded as I type this. There will be at least 2 versions of the unfolded armor. At this point, I will probably release these some time next week, most likely around Friday next week.

As a heads up, there is no equation to scale these, you will NEED a tape measure (the kind that people that sew use). You can buy these at most drug stores or craft stores and they are about $3.

The package we've put together seems pretty promising. So please be patient! Please don't spam or PM us asking for updates or files, they will be ignored. So hopefully we'll have some ODST's at some Cons :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back