Status
Not open for further replies.
Spawn Camp3r said:
also we need a logo of sorts, like this one
sof_logo.jpg

PS this reminds me that we also need a ship number and class
good idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll hop in on this little discussion here...

CVN 257 "United Justice" Independence class Super Carrier

Displaces 147,000 tons dry-weight, 253,000 tons fully loaded.

Just random numbers and classes I pulled out of midair.

thepuma said:
ok possable ship number SVB-77 yeah go bungie EDIT- its three letters and two numbers
The number is simply the number the ship is in the class. Example...

CV-1 USS Langley
CV-6 USS Enterprise
CVN- USS 76 Ronald Reagan

(While there may be an 'n', it still is a CV)

BB-1 USS Indiana
BB-39 USS Arizona (God bless those men)
BB-61 USS Missouri

Same applies for frigates, cruisers (Heavy, Light, Missile), and other classes ranging from Submarines to minesweepers.

The letters all differ. CV is simply a carrier, CVL is a light carrier based off of the hulls of cruisers and other smaller ships (Here on Earth), and CVN is a super carrier. I would imagine the same rules would apply to the space Navy. :p

So in my case, I said it was the 257th carrier in the history of the UNSC. Ya see? It doesn't have to be two numbers or three letters. It's all different.

EDIT: Oh, did I miss the part about acquiring the materials needed for a fusion reactor, or even the design of the reactor? Plus how are we going to collect all of that grade-A titanium and material needed for the ship? Hehe, this topic is fun for a fantasy but that's about it. I'm surprised it has not been locked yet. However, you all chat away!

Hey guys. I came up with a name and ship, just the logo and all the other associated info needs to be created, but i just quickly threw this together this afternoon's.

The UNSC Hand Of Fate
Keep in mind this is just quick rough version.
UNSCHandOfFate4.jpg

UNSCHandOfFate2.jpg

UNSCHandOfFate.jpg

UNSCHandOfFate3.jpg

Possible Paint scheme.
UNSCHandOfFateCOLORSCEME.jpg

If someone can come up with a class, number and what not, then I can create a logo pretty soon, wont take long. Ive done a diploma in graphic design, so Ive done all that logo deign stuff. not trying to sound conceded though lol.

Laters

UNSC/Sierra117 what programe are you using for that? looks sweet, front end looks a tad thin but other then that kicks
my sketchup ship out the water lol, good job

Its a program called VUE 6 Extreme , um its made by e-on software i think. Nah no , I thought your model was really good. A little small at the front end, yeah i was thinking that after I posted the pics, i will see if i can bulky it up a bit tomorrow, ive got the week off, so I've got a bit of time on my hands to have a fiddle with the model. Clean it up a bit maybe. Lol i was juz gonna post a drawing, but when I sat down to draw it, I had a mental blank, I couldn't come up with anything, so I got into VUE and just sarted throwing stuff together and thats what came out haha. I was having a looking at yours and saw the little engine bits at the back and tried to replicate them as best i could, I thought that if all the ships where all part of the same devision and built by the 405th or what not, then I thought that at least some aspects needed to be similar, I hope you don't mind? I can change them if you want. I mean like the engineering would all be fairly similar I thought. but um yeah thanks for the constructive crit-o and the good comment mate. Yeah it needs is a bit of a fix up and the rest of its info, like the class and stuff, I'm good with making that stuff up out of thin air for my own little projects and designs, but I'm really not familiar with the HALO world order of ship numbers and classes and stuff. So yeah as I said before If someone can come up with a class, number and what not or even teach me how that part in the Halo world is done then yeah i could do it myself and then I can create a logo maybe too.

Cheeres
laters

wow just had a look at that programe and it looks SWEET! im not surprised it kicks the dog mess out of sketchup, at over $1200 i would be worried if it didnt, i wish (FREE :whistle: ) sketchup could handle soilds but its only a surface modeling tool, ive just got full AutoCAD 2009 so il have alook into that and see what things i can create from that! and i may look into getting a copy of the VUE 7 inifinty. nice work. keep it up

p.s help your self to any parts of me' ship you like, i think its a good idea to keep things consitant, its much more realistic!
i need to find out how to add full textures on SKUP6..any ideas any one lolo?

regards

demon 2005

UNSC/Sierra117 said:
The UNSC Hand Of Fate
UNSCHandOfFateCOLORSCEME.jpg

If someone can come up with a class, number and what not, then I can create a logo pretty soon, wont take long. Ive done a diploma in graphic design, so Ive done all that logo deign stuff. not trying to sound conceded though lol.

Laters
i love it, two things though, i like that you think it looks too thin in the front and i do think you should thicken it a little, and, we all voted on the names and i would like if you ould pick one of these

UNSC Dawn's Hammer
UNSC Rise of Honor
UNSC Denial of Repentance

Sinister Shadow said:
i love it, two things though, i like that you think it looks too thin in the front and i do think you should thicken it a little, and, we all voted on the names and i would like if you ould pick one of these

UNSC Dawn's Hammer
UNSC Rise of Honor
UNSC Denial of Repentance

Ok, yep to easy

HV-01 "UNSC Harbinger" Delta Class Space Transport

OV-99 "UNSC Ban Hammer" Omega Class War Ship

"UNSC Hammer Of The Gods" Alpha Class Destroyer

Sinister Shadow said:
anyone got some emblem ideas? i liked the hand symbol on UNSC/sierra 117's ship

How about the Legendary symbol, maybe with an american flag behind it?

I made this real quick, nothin fancy, I dont use photo shop or any kind of image modification program.

My flag idea

Sinister Shadow said:
which do u like?

I'm leaning towards the Denial Of Repentance, Um cool ya like the hand symbol, but it was really intended to be a symbol for the Hand of Fate name, see bit of a connection there, but what would we use it for if we did like the symbol. wouldn't mean much otherwise. Not to be rude or anything, if is at all possible could I leave the name as is, thats if people like it, because I had a few ideas for its emblem and stuff and I think it just suits it well lol. I was thinking of making it frigate or a war bird too.

UNSC/Sierra117 said:
I fixed her up a bit, I also did a broadcast render of it, and just a few quick renders of her profile, top, font and back

Untitled-1.jpg

UNSCHandOfFate4-1.jpg
i know you may like the name and i can respect that, but maybe we could make a comprimise on the names like " the hand of repetance" or "denial of fate"?

Sinister Shadow said:
i know you may like the name and i can respect that, but maybe we could make a comprimise on the names like " the hand of repetance" or "denial of fate"?
I'd rather stick with what he came up with

I haven't read through the thread, and I see you "Created the idea" but he still is making the entire thing (to my knowlege)

Spartan117x said:
I'd rather stick with what he came up with
I haven't read through the thread, and I see you "Created the idea" but he still is making the entire thing (to my knowlege)
i know but in the thread we all voted on 4 names for the ships, and a name for the station, so everyone had nput and it would not be kind of me to take out one of the names because we all vote on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back