"Official" Halo 4 Model Request Thread >Modelers Look Here<

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question then becomes would you rather wait for one person to do everything or let some others share the load? Many hands make light work...

I wasn't saying STOP, just, someone else has already started, I hope more modellers kick in or are born from this.

-Seth

The question then becomes would you rather wait for one person to do everything or let some others share the load? Many hands make light work...

I saw your work! pretty sweet. I wish I could model. I tried but never got super into it. I need to try again I guest. An suggestions?

Thanks!

If you want to get into modeling you could use any number of programs and tutorials. It all depends upon how serious you want to be. If you want to go into games (i do) I would recomend Autodesk Maya or 3Ds Max. Most professional studios use these. I personally use Maya. Thankfully there are many online tutorials and programs you can look up and help you get started. Ive always wanted to get into prop/armor making for a while and until I get the materials Ill help out by modeling lol

Modo is okay too, and also XSI. Sometime ago they were both quite cheap, on the other hand all Autodesk products had student and/or learning editions too... Haven't checked that in a while.

Maya will probably need some scripted tools to enhance the default ones, though. Our Maya guys usually have a lot of these, most are available for free... but you need to know which ones are good.

I have a few here and there. It took me a while to get it setup to the point I have it now where all the buttons are where I want them to be. Really I only use the same tools over and over. I know a few guys who use XSI and Modo as well as zBrush. It all depends on your preference/what you learn first. If you need any help, have any questions let me know.

Oh no lol I didnt mean you vargatom, I should have said it but I was posting to ratchet_fan lolol sorry if I came off arrogant

Hey guys, heres another update of the Pathfinder helmet. Its not smoothed like the previous cause at this stage Im adding so much geometry that it isnt worth it.

Helmet-WIP-Side-11-29-12.jpg

Helmet-WIP-RearQtr-11-29-12.jpg

Helmet-WIP-Qtr-11-29-12.jpg

Helmet-WIP-Front-11-29-12.jpg

I would like a soldier chest armor minus the pouches at the front. I tried to do it myself using blender but I'm afraid I may have failed at it quite miserably
H4_Soldier_Concept_Art.jpg

hoping to eventually build this
fullbody?target=large.png

This may be just me, but does the spartans from Halo 4 look more human? The Reach spartans were ridiculously buffed, nothing like the H4 ones... my two cents...

-Seth

This may be just me, but does the spartans from Halo 4 look more human? The Reach spartans were ridiculously buffed, nothing like the H4 ones... my two cents...

-Seth

I think that the new armor shows more of the "Body" of the Spartans. The under-suit highlights the Body builder side of the spartan instead of covering everything like the old suits did. This makes it hard to replicate and make a suit that looks good. its like one has to build an under-suit, then make the armor to fit the suit! thanks 343 for making our job HARDER hahahaha

I think that the new armor shows more of the "Body" of the Spartans. The under-suit highlights the Body builder side of the spartan instead of covering everything like the old suits did. This makes it hard to replicate and make a suit that looks good. its like one has to build an under-suit, then make the armor to fit the suit! thanks 343 for making our job HARDER hahahaha

I totally agree LOL I wonder sometimes if modellers for games make their models intricate and impossible to be created in real life? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back