"Official" Halo 4 Model Request Thread >Modelers Look Here<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to make a CIO helmet request, not to big on the armour but i love the helmet

cio-

780_large.jpg

I agree, also I feel that 343 is shooting for a more ergonomic look, the outer "hard" armor almost seems unnecessary. Maybe 343 is trying to show the technology has progressed and all the important stuff is in the undersuit. The outer armor is more like the hull of a ship, or the outside of a vehicle while and the cool stuff is on the inside.

Undersuit is really a hard part com pare to others But look on the bright side I think it provides more mobility (for real life costume ofc)

Hey Guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've been working on getting the rest of the Soldier variant pieces done. So far I've got the helmet, knee, thigh, and lower leg stuff done. Still need the foot, chest and arms though.

Trying To help with your pathfinder :)

So here I am posting some picture of an actual 3D model of the patfinder :) Since I don't think any of us can have a grab on this particuliar model to then simply unfold it and hands it to the public, I'll just post the pictures here and see if Digital find it usefull :)

Front view

542_large.jpg

Back view

657_large.jpg

So yeah these are from the same website than the one from the upper posts ... but damn it's crisp :)

Have a good one :p Vivid.

Unfolding that model would probably drive you completely crazy.

Halo 4 armor has so insanely complex geometry that it doesn't really lend itself to a 100% pepakura solution anyway - these pieces are built from hundreds of thousands of polygons.

Although... you could get some pretty good results using Cereal Killer's methods, using a less detailed pep model as a start. But it's in my opinion a better fit for foam with all the layered detail; or some kind of hybrid solution where you use a lot of thin craft foam and other scrap items to build up detail, instead of trying to pep everything.

And of course you should simplfy, simplify, simplify ;) as much as you can...

Unfolding that model would probably drive you completely crazy.

Halo 4 armor has so insanely complex geometry that it doesn't really lend itself to a 100% pepakura solution anyway - these pieces are built from hundreds of thousands of polygons.

Although... you could get some pretty good results using Cereal Killer's methods, using a less detailed pep model as a start. But it's in my opinion a better fit for foam with all the layered detail; or some kind of hybrid solution where you use a lot of thin craft foam and other scrap items to build up detail, instead of trying to pep everything.

And of course you should simplfy, simplify, simplify ;) as much as you can...

I completely agree with you. Ive found that one can make the general shape out of foam then layer thinner foam to make it as detailed as the armor is in the game. I will never go back from foam, except for making the helmets of course! Good point homes

Operator Helmet: http://imgur.com/a/KrXmA#0

Not sure how helpful those are, so I went for quantity over quality (maybe a few of the 25 will be useful). Also, they were taken with my t3i, so that explains why the lighting might be off (no settings can fix taking pictures of a screen, haha).

Here's the best I could do for the Tracker armor. If anyone's bold enough to give it a try, I can try to get my PVR capturing images instead of video. There's are all somewhat shoddy off-screen pics of the torso, helmet and arm- armors.

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10003237/

20130206203425.jpg

Plenty of side and back pics in the imageshack link.

I hope any 3D modelers look inside this thread :-/
but here is my request. iam looking forward to build the recon armor with the War Master Shoulder / Biceps.
The Biceps (or Shoulder) contains 3 Parts.
The Covering Shoulder Piece, The Shoulder base, which is just a buckle to the arm and the side pads. I tried to use sketchup to build the side pads by my self, but it doesnt work -.-

could someone create this file? the war master shoulder looks really great and you need 4 sidepads for two shoulders. I can take several more detailed images, but here are some for example.

The Sidepad:
th_Sidepad-Top_zps8eb62017.jpg th_Sidepad-Front_zps07f3e073.jpg th_Sidepad-Side_zpsff92c764.jpg th_harican89Regicide-11022013121635_zpsdf5d3e40.jpg

The Shoulder/Base
th_Shoulder-Top_zps71c0a34e.jpg th_Shoulder-Side_zps3c1bc15e.jpg th_Shoulder-BottomDetails_zpsb653d563.jpg

if there is any modeler out there who have some time, send me a pm. i will unfold all files by myself :)
They also have the best image quality because i take the screens ingame and export them by myself

i have pictures from the rest of the shoulder too, but step by step :)

btw: i want to attach these buckles with a simple screw and a thread diretly on my undersuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back