Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scaled my helmet the way it's described here and it was the right size for my head but I had to cut out some around the bottom because it couldnt get on my head with the opening that size - it looks just fine the way I cut it I was reluctant to but it worked out- did anyone else encounter the hole-too-small problem? And how did you deal with it?

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i type in the scale 73in or 182.5 and it wil have to print like 200 pages wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rvb18 said:
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i type in the scale 73in or 182.5 and it wil have to print like 200 pages wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you read Frizzlefry's post on the first page of this thread you would know that the scale that he described can only be used for certain files - which file did you use that printed 200
pages after you scaled it?

Last edited by a moderator:
it was sigma's halo3 mark 5 helm and it does the same thing to the halo 1 too i dont know y i tryed cm inches and 6foot scale

rvb18 said:
it was sigma's halo3 mark 5 helm and it does the same thing to the halo 1 too i dont know y i tryed cm inches and 6foot scale

What number did you enter under height? The helmet (I believe I know which one you're talking about I downloaded it to see what the problem was) Is scaled currently to be 23.7 cm in height. If you're entering your body's height in cm then you're telling the helmet to be as tall as you - and a 6 foot tall helmet wouldn't quite fit - you want it to be the height of your head (well, a cm or 2 bigger so it fits right) If I'm not talking about the right helmet here then give me the link to the one you're talking about

hey i'm working on the sizing process of the odst helmut and im getting

specify a value of 0.1-200 for assembled size

help me out guys

ok question, i dont really know how to run the pepakura program all that well, i followed the instructions but when i entered my scale it threw off the pages and the pieces arent on their pages any more. Help?

hmmm, it seems that the regular sized security helmet is way too small for my noggin and if I scale it up to adequate size the pieces dont fit on one piece of paper. any suggestions?

edit: nevermind, i found a way

Ostrich said:
Umm well what if its in jpg format and not in pepakura? Where should you put in the information then? Also since I've got a Mac it pops up in Preview? So what should I do?

i say get a Dell, Macs are terrible and not worth the money, even though they claim to be better, they're not

but i have scale problems, i printed off hand plates and they where the size of my head
what scale should i make them (when i printed i didnt scale it at all) i dont know my measurements

Correct me if I'm wrong here folks. Which files are you using? For my hand plates I measures the width of my hand and played with the scale on the plate in Pepakura until it was close to my hand width.

tlither said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here folks. Which files are you using? For my hand plates I measures the width of my hand and played with the scale on the plate in Pepakura until it was close to my hand width.
im sorry,but im a noob.where is the button scale by certan value or something like that again?i cant find it.

spartan g167 said:
im sorry,but im a noob.where is the button scale by certan value or something like that again?i cant find it.
2DPatternWindow --> Scale Up/Down Development by Specifying Value...

Does anyone here know the size of Master Chief's shoes? I'm not there yet, but I think that would be pretty essintial. I still have to do my right arm and my legs before I do the shoes, but I hope someone can tell me soon!

Drazuam said:
Does anyone here know the size of Master Chief's shoes? I'm not there yet, but I think that would be pretty essintial. I still have to do my right arm and my legs before I do the shoes, but I hope someone can tell me soon!
If you take Robogenisis's Mark VI boot model, make sure that the scale is at 86.000. The result is Master Chief's boot size.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dwoo @ Oct 1 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My rough numbers for head/helmet measurement are from a 23 scale helmet I build for the 4 yr old's 19.5" head measurement. Before I cut it out I xeroxed it and resized on the copier up 10%, that should translate to 25.3 scale and it fits my 14 yr olds 23" head. The fit on both is such that they can get their heads in the opening (with the unnecessary paper cut off the bottom) and its roomy inside the helmet without the foam/padding added yet. The 23 to 25.3 scale is a surprising big difference in size.

<blockquote>-------HELMET(Measure around the largest part of the head, with tape above brow)
SCALE---------HEAD MEASUREMENT (inches)
23----------------19.5
22------------20
22.55---------20.5
23.1----------21
23.65---------21.5
24.2----------22
24.75---------22.5
25.3--------------23
25.85--------23.5
26.4---------24
26.95--------24.5
27.5---------25
28.05--------25.5
28.6---------26
29.15--------26.5
29.7---------27</blockquote>
If anyone is curious how I came up with these numbers: I got a ratio between the scale and head size (scale / head size = ratio). The 25.3 scale ratio of 1.1 seemed more accurate so I multiplied every head measurement on the table by 1.1 to get it's scale number. This ratio is definately in need of tuning though. That is where everyone else comes in. If you have built a helmet, post your scale and head measurement so we can refine this table. I still have two more helmets to make for my 7 and 10 yr old 21.5" heads, so I will have more real world data to refine this with.

-dwoo</div>

im new to all of this i just joined this site about 2 days a go so i can see how to make all of the different pieces that make up MC armor.......... however i have ran in to a snag with the helmet.
my measurment is a 21 and i cant figure out how to use this table to scale my helmet. i have tried 5 helmets and they are ether way to big or way to small. i am really confused and have been looking at this for about a week and a half now. can some one plz help me? it would really help.

So wait, how do you scale flying squirrel's high detail halo 3 mk. VI helmet?
Because the first time I printed off a helmet I used the scale already in it and it seems really small.
Like, really small.
and I dont' think the scaling formula used for that one works with the other.
Am I right?

randomman said:
So wait, how do you scale flying squirrel's high detail halo 3 mk. VI helmet?
Because the first time I printed off a helmet I used the scale already in it and it seems really small.
Like, really small.
Check my post here.

randomman said:
and I dont' think the scaling formula used for that one works with the other.
Am I right?
That's right. The scaling used for Robogenisis's models cannot be used in FS's models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back