Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

First, I want to thank all of the folks who have contributed the awesome pep files for the Mark VI Armour! I am new to the 405th and to pepakura. I am a new dad and I have a pretty intense job. So progress will be slow. My goal is to build a Mark VI suit along with the MC and CQB helmets by Halloween 2010. I will also build the sniper rifle and the rocket launcher. I will do my best to post pictures for critique/progress throughout the next year.

I have a question about the size and fit of my armour pices, rather than the scaling. I have what I think is a pretty good understanding of how to properly scale my armor. So here's what I am trying to figure out:

I made an HD shin piece as my first piece and I tried it on last night to check my scaling. I am unsure as to whether or not I sized it correctly. Is there a reference point that I can use to see if it is the right size? For instance, should the top of the front of the shin piece be aligned with the top part of my knee (if I palpate the top of my knee cap?) Also, how high above my ankle should the base of the shin piece be?

Does anyone have a suggestion? My next thought is to build the boot this week and to see where the base of the shin lies relative to the top of the boot...any suggestions? Also, should there be empty space between my actual calf muscle and the calf contour on the pep file? I will try to take a picture or two of what I have and post it. Any feedback would be great!

Thanks to all,

Kubonic

I am having trouble with the scaling on Pepakura.

Since I am broad shouldered, the torso piece won't fit properly.

How can I scale this by width on Pepakura? I can only find height scaling.

Go back to page 24, and scroll down to my post. Click on the link, and read. After that, try it, and if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me anytime. I will do my best to answer.

Good luck!

alright ive got my number and im all set here. but im creating an ODST standard helm from the pep file index wiki. will this change anything? the number is 25.75. is this going to be too small do you think on an odst helm? or fit fine? Im just about ready to print, i would like some assistance.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Go back to page 24, and scroll down to my post. Click on the link, and read. After that, try it, and if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me anytime. I will do my best to answer.

Good luck!

Read those directions.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOw. sorry about that major noob mistake, that little tut solved my issue. i now have confidence to make my helm. Thank you good sir!

OOH RAH!

Cheers,

Clad

HI MY NAME IS ROGER

I WANTED TO MAKE A SUIT BUT DONT REALLY KNOW HOW TO SCALE MY HELMET

I DID 2 HELMETS ALREADY AND NONE FIT ME

CAN U HELP ME, SOMEBODY ANYBODY

IM A NOOB

I KNOW HOW TO DO EVERYTHING ELSE

EXCEPT SCALE THE SUIT AND HELMET TO MY BODY SIZE AND HEAD SIZE

ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE HELPFUL

I WENT ON THE FORUMS BUT NONE TELL YOU HOW TO GET A PERFECT FIT TO YOUR HEAD SIZE

IM 5'9 AND WEIGHT 179LBS AND MY HEAD IS 27 INCHES

PLEASE HELP ME : ) IM A NOOB HEHEHE

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:

Good luck!

Read atleast the last page before posting.

Cheers!

am I right in assuming that if I use the maths on the first page adding a couple of inches for the helmet to fit that if I print the helmet parts than re-scale without the added couple of inches the other parts should be pretty much right? Sorry if this has been covered before or if i'm so wrong that it makes someone cry. :unsure thank you for your time as always.

hey i was wondering why not one of the pep pieces fit on the paper im using. im not using a4 im using letter and for some reason i have the scaleing right but its not fitting ont the paper even after being moved around. i finished my helmet and the scaleing came out great but i just cant seem to get the chest piece down please some one either pm me or just reply to this thanx!

Ok so a bit of confusion.

You said to take your height +2 or 3 inches and divide by 86

75+3=78

78/86 =0.872093023255814

Then multiply by the scale so

0.872093023255814 X 30.342 =26.46104651162791

The question is, with the scale of 30.342 being about like a 46 inch chest and a 34/36 inch waist, why is it lowering the scale for someone that is bigger in chest and waist?

My waist is closer to 38/40, I need to buy a tape for my chest - but I am barral chested, I suspect around 54 inches. Just trying to get the scale right before I start printing.

Also, what weight do you suggest of card stock? 90lb 100?

Not exactly sure what "version" I have, but they downloaded from http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1648

oh and I tried PM for this thing and the 2 I tried aren't accepting PM's right now otherwise I would have taken this to the privacy of PM just to save clutter, sorry.

Ok, i'm going to make this very clear.

Anybody and everybody who is having problems with scaling their armour, PLEASE PM me. I always reply, and I always do my very best to help you out in every way possible.

Cheers!

I noticed you are basing this info on centimeters correct? Following all your steps I noticed that v3 shows milimeters for me. How do I adjust my measurements to work for me?

Move the decimal place once to the right. If you have a round number (example-28cm), just add a zero on the end to get 280mm. If you have a decimal number (example-28.5cm), just more the decimal once to the left to get 285mm.

Simple as that.

so hay what do you mean this will only work for that Pacific pep model why cant this way of measuring work on other pep, so all the armor on halo wiki is useless unless its the pep ur talking about cause I wanted to use the HD Pep armor for MKVI

can you please tell me where to find the "2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"

i have vewier version 3

psyber pymp said:
can you please tell me where to find the "2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"

i have vewier version 3

You can't scale in Viewer, you need Designer (also free).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back