Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frizzlefry said:
WARNING, THIS IS ONLY FOR FRAZ'S MJOLNIR PEP FILES. DON'T PM ME THAT SOME OTHER FILE DOESNT SCALE RIGHT, THATS NOT WHAT THIS IS MADE FOR.

Here we go peeps.

This should work for the most part, if you have a normal sized body like Chief it should work for sure. But if you are a bit chunky so to speak, or the oposite which would be a bit of a rail (aka, that sexy girl Sean Bradley ;-) ), you will probably want to change the sizing a bit more or less to make sure your limbs and chest fit.

I'm not getting behind the formula because it's a waste of time. It seems no one cares how the math works just as long as it works. So here's what you do.

Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.

Divide that by 86: 71/86 = .82558

Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979

Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"

Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.

One thing to keep in mind

The size of the scale that is in use before you edit it is from the base of the ground to the top outside of MC's helmet. You don't really want the top of your head to be touching the top of the inside of the helmet if you expect it to fit right. So you may want to add two or three inches to your actual hieght before doing the math. This may help other areas as well, where it could come through a bit tight.

Feel free to ask any questions about how it's done here. But I would appreciate it if the PM's for me to scale their armor for them would stop. If you can't do this math (we're not in school, you can use a calculator), I can't help you.

Thanks for the help this was very helpfull! I just dont know where to find the FRAZ'S MJOLNIR PEP FILES! I found files from just about everyone but FRAZ. Where are they and how do i know they are made by FRAZ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so I have read this topic over and over. And I'm working on my boots and I need to scale them to fit. And three times in a row I have gotten it wrong. I mean I can look at my 2D window and just tell it cant be right especially for only one page. LOL Well I wear a size 4 1/2 kids shoe but because I'll be wearing sneakers with these wanted like a size 6 wide can anyone help me out. Oh if needed for scaleing to fit right I'm not sure. I have a wide width foot will I need to scale this in also? Any help so I can get going on this would be great thanks. Also the boots I'm working on are the MKV.

Thanks. I have used this all methods today. Saved a copy of the formula to go back too. I think it could just be that I have really small feet. Because after scaling the image I have scaled down to one page which just doesn't seem right. Anyhow I'm going to go ahead and print and get this assembled maybe from there I can just keep going up 10% until I get the perfect fit.

This is how I'm getting the numbers to scale. The original formula but instead of my height I'm using the length in inches of my foot.

"my foot length 16 inches

divide that by 86 = 0.720930

original scale set to 4.234785

so multiple 0.720930 by 10.92374 = 3.0529845"

Formula used.

Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.

Divide that by 86: 71/86 = .82558

Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979

Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"

Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.

You could take the shoe you will be wearing underneath and measure the leingth of it. Then add 30-50mm to the leingth, and try that. It whould work fine.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
You could take the shoe you will be wearing underneath and measure the leingth of it. Then add 30-50mm to the leingth, and try that. It whould work fine.

thanks

Im trying to make the helmet for the ODST and my hat size is 7 (either inches or centi.) Whats the millimeters length I put for it? (Srry, im not good at math.)

How can I size my Helmet it my head its about 26inches circumference so how can I put it into the pepakura designer 3 so that it scales the helmet to my head ? Please in laymans terms lol

kyle1086 said:
How can I size my Helmet it my head its about 26inches circumference so how can I put it into the pepakura designer 3 so that it scales the helmet to my head ? Please in laymans terms lol

oh by the way Im using pepakura designer 3 and its using mm when I go to scaling options and when I put in my scale 8.820348837 for the helmet it shrinks it to 4 pages of paper so some help would be nice lol

i have a pepakura and im confident i got the scaling right but my pepakura has no numbers so im kind of lost as to how to put it together.(its an ODST helmet)

Sorry if this has already been asked, think I skipped a couple of pages of the thread but ya.

1) I was using Pepakura Designer 3.0.3. It wanted me too switch too 3.0.6, and so I did... BUT the 2DPatternWindow wasn't there. So I looked but couldn't find anything.

A:

2) I put it back to 3.0.3 but now it was asking me some kind of password before I could save the scale changes of the model.

A:

Thank You, FacePlant.

having a problem with getting the scaling to print out right on my printer. im making a Halo 1 Magnum. when i print out the pepakura it always seems to get cut off on the paper. no matter how much i rescale it. its almost as if the printer is trying to print the pepakura lengthwise on the width of the paper and vice versa for the width. any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

-Cracker-

Joshua-Sierra 029 said:
Is there any way I can scale a model in Pepakura viewer? I tried the method listed here but there were menus that I couldn't find.

you actually have to download the Pepakura Designer to edit the size/scale/ratios. you will find the menu's in that program once you open the .pdo file with it. i grabbed the link to save you some trouble.

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/download/designer.html

-Cracker-

Cracker said:
having a problem with getting the scaling to print out right on my printer. im making a Halo 1 Magnum. when i print out the pepakura it always seems to get cut off on the paper. no matter how much i rescale it. its almost as if the printer is trying to print the pepakura lengthwise on the width of the paper and vice versa for the width. any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

-Cracker-

i feel dumb. i simply changed my printer settings from "Portrait" to "Landscape". (basically from height to width) so if anyone else is having that problem, refer to my stupidity here. :p

sry for being late to the party, but can someone please tell me the correct way to scale FS HD helm? I know how to scale the normal one, but i just dont want to waste a large amount of paper.thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back