Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally a link in the post just above yours that shows you how to scale.

Please at least read the last page of the thread before posting!

im making the EOD helmet and i cant scale it right.on the first try i measured my head wrong and made it the same size as my head(23 cm). im putting together a second helmet thats 25.3 cm, but it seems the same size as the first one, and the eye parts are pushed up against face. can someone help me, because i dont want too spend tons of paper on just the helmet.

oh and my head measures about 23.25 cm around

Thxs for the link, it worked although I still have one of my problems!?

It still asks me for a password to save the scaling changes to the armor, can anybody help me with that!?

It would be very appreciated because that is the last piece of my puzzle so I can begin pepping my armor!!

Thanks, FacePlant405

FacePlant405 said:
Thxs for the link, it worked although I still have one of my problems!?

It still asks me for a password to save the scaling changes to the armor, can anybody help me with that!?

It would be very appreciated because that is the last piece of my puzzle so I can begin pepping my armor!!

Thanks, FacePlant405

You can't save the scaling unless you know the password or have a password for Pep Desinger. You are just going to have to re-scale the armour every time you open it and wish to print it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, tommorow I have the day off so I plan to work on FS's MkVI helmet.

The problem is I need to make sure it will fit properly. I did a low-res build and it was HUGE (and it took way too long). I really don't want to waste that much time again doing a pep that won't fit me.

If someone knows how to properly scale FS's helmet, please let me know; either here or in a PM. If you need measurements, just let me know and I will post them. Hopefully I can get the helmet to fit properly.

Oh, also, some additional things that may or may not be helpful:

-I downloaded the helmet from the wiki (if that's not the newest version, could someone please tell me where I can find it?).

-I downloaded the un-registered Pepakura Ver.3.0.6.

-When I go to the "Change Scale" and "Scale Factor" option, the default scale for the peice is 0.253260.

Thanks for your help.

-OGGY

ok so i tried that scaling method on the ODST rookie helmet and it really didnt work out right and i think im going crazy with it, can someone please help me?

ok so im making the ODST rookie helmet and ive tried hundreds of different ways to scale it and nothing got me remotely close.

could someone please tell me a definite way to scale a helmet or tell me what scale they used?

ODST RICKOLAY said:
ok so im making the ODST rookie helmet and ive tried hundreds of different ways to scale it and nothing got me remotely close.

could someone please tell me a definite way to scale a helmet or tell me what scale they used?

How tall are you?

The normal scale for an ODST helmet is 280mm in height.

Read my tutorial. The link to it is the last link in my sig.

Cheers!

this tut was very helpfull..:)..just be really careful if you are making it to scale of master cheif and not modifiying it...Master chief in his armor is about 7 ft tall...and i dought anyone with his armor would stretch to 7 ft lol..I recoment making it a few sizes bigger then your normal size that way you have some room. plus its insurance against making it tooo small...XD but just like 1 or 2 sizes then your normal...there is always velcro to help keep it in place.

Frizzlefry said:
WARNING, THIS IS ONLY FOR FRAZ'S MJOLNIR PEP FILES. DON'T PM ME THAT SOME OTHER FILE DOESNT SCALE RIGHT, THATS NOT WHAT THIS IS MADE FOR.

Here we go peeps.

This should work for the most part, if you have a normal sized body like Chief it should work for sure. But if you are a bit chunky so to speak, or the oposite which would be a bit of a rail (aka, that sexy girl Sean Bradley ;-) ), you will probably want to change the sizing a bit more or less to make sure your limbs and chest fit.

I'm not getting behind the formula because it's a waste of time. It seems no one cares how the math works just as long as it works. So here's what you do.

Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.

Divide that by 86: 71/86 = .82558

Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979

Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"

Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.

One thing to keep in mind

The size of the scale that is in use before you edit it is from the base of the ground to the top outside of MC's helmet. You don't really want the top of your head to be touching the top of the inside of the helmet if you expect it to fit right. So you may want to add two or three inches to your actual hieght before doing the math. This may help other areas as well, where it could come through a bit tight.

Feel free to ask any questions about how it's done here. But I would appreciate it if the PM's for me to scale their armor for them would stop. If you can't do this math (we're not in school, you can use a calculator), I can't help you.

What if you have a really damn big head?

Quick question im working on my second full armor i want to do flying squerala armor but im worried and i dont know how to scale it! any help would be appreciated

ok i feel bad asking this but its my last resort,trust me ive read all the tutorials and watched all the videos,but i still cant scale my helmets right,i spent days on my ODST helmet but it turned out huge, im trying to make DANNIFOOD4LESS Mark VI High Detail helmet from the file index.can anyone either give me a rough scale and or height,the current scale when i open it in pepakure is 12.71 with a height of 264mm.

im 6'1 head Circumference is 60cm with an average head size,

thanks

Circumference is 100% useless when it comes to scaling a helmet. There is no "circumference" scaling option in pepakura.

Click on the tutorial link in my sig titles "How to Scale Your Armour-Tutorial". After you have read it, and tried any 1 of the methods you chose to, the scaling should be perfect. If that tutorial doesn't help you, then I have no clue what you are doing wrong.

Cheers!

hello I am new to all of this, attempting to make my first helmet. I have the files i need. Im wondering where do you find the current scale to multiply by? i think i found it but its at like 86 which seems high as I am 5'11'' also and his came out to 20 and mines coming out at about 75...sorry if Im being bothersome.

Amp said:
hello I am new to all of this, attempting to make my first helmet. I have the files i need. Im wondering where do you find the current scale to multiply by? i think i found it but its at like 86 which seems high as I am 5'11'' also and his came out to 20 and mines coming out at about 75...sorry if Im being bothersome.

Compare the size to ROBOGENSIS's files. Those are all scaled to MC size, 86 in. Others like Belakor's recon helmet and stuff are scaled to a 5'11" person.

Also, a question of my own. How do I scale HAyabusa shoulders?

Boba Fett said:
Compare the size to ROBOGENSIS's files. Those are all scaled to MC size, 86 in. Others like Belakor's recon helmet and stuff are scaled to a 5'11" person.

yes i am trying to scale the helmet, thats already set to chief size.

When I have done my scaling it use a easy way to do it, theres the easy way and the hard way the hard way of it is doing all the math of dividing and stuff to find the total scale and the easy way so I will share my easy way to do it. When you measure lets say your head it will matter the direction the part is turned like lets say the forearm if its sideways in the 3D window then you will want to change the width number if it is turned up and down when it's opened in designer you will change the height scale to match your measurements. For something like a Helmet like lets say the Master Chief Helmet I will measure of the front of my head vertically from chin to the top of my head not bending the measuring tape when doing the measurment. I will get my measurment in inches then the best way is to use the Bing.com site and put in something like 12 inches in Millimeters and the Bing search will give you the millimeter number right at the top for your scale. I don't use the bottom number with the decimal at the bottom of the scale development to do my work with.

Also on a sub note I have 5 Paid for Passwords from Tamasoft to purchase the non-registered copy of Pepakura Designer 3 so if anyone wants it the first 5 people that post here for the code I will PM the code to those 5 people please DO NOT PM ME to get the code as you won't get it that way I will PM you if you post here saying you want it after my topic is posted not if you have posted before my topic saying you need a code but after. This is kinda my treat to the 405th after I got my backpay from work so please don't abuse my courtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back