Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quinn said:
I need help on scaling, I seem to always fail at scaling, so if someone go do me a favour and reply to this as soon as possible.

I'm 13 and I'm 60Inches,I'm thin and my head is pretty big, I'm also using flying squirrel's High def. Mark VI. Hopfully that would give you the specs to help me scale the helmet, Thanks again.

-Quinn

I'm going to quote myself, again...

Ok, Im going to answer about 99% of everybodies scaling problems with 1 link. Thats right, 1 SINGLE link.

How To Scale Your Armour-Tutorial

End of story...

There is also an FAQ I made on scaling located here:

Armour Scaling-FAQ

Use the search function/google search. Both of those threads are no more then 3 days under old threads, and they are both in the Noob Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
if any one has time can they look into this for me. i have a file that i dont know how to scale, and i have look at xtreme tacs tut but, i was working with the robo files before and noticed that when you enter your hieght the mm automatically adjust. so what im doing is just useing my mm measurements from the robo file and appling to the unknown one. i hope it works cuz it be so much easier to do sacleing if any one understands what im saying could they also try it to help me come up a sound method of scaleing. thanks blue out 4 now

Trinityblue said:
if any one has time can they look into this for me. i have a file that i dont know how to scale, and i have look at xtreme tacs tut but, i was working with the robo files before and noticed that when you enter your hieght the mm automatically adjust. so what im doing is just useing my mm measurements from the robo file and appling to the unknown one. i hope it works cuz it be so much easier to do sacleing if any one understands what im saying could they also try it to help me come up a sound method of scaleing. thanks blue out 4 now

I think I get what you're saying. It should work depending on what kind of part it is. If the unknown part is the same kind of thing or the same basic size as the Robo part you should be able to use that size (probably height) in mm to scale the other part..

As a general rule, if I'm not sure about scale, what I normally do is to print a small section and see if it looks right. That way you don't waste a lot of paper :)

Macattack64 said:
This is the scaling i've used so far...

I'm 5' 9" and kinda skinny...

Helmet: 25.04979

Forearms: 20.057463

Do you guys end up using different scales for you biceps then you do your helmet or forearm???

guys all i read is about the head but not the other parts or is frizzs method the same for the other parts

Blitzkrieg said:
guys all i read is about the head but not the other parts or is frizzs method the same for the other parts

Do you have frizz's original pep files? If not the method in the seventh post of this thread is useless for your scaling.

Read this thread for scaling:

How to Scale Your Armour-Tutorial

And read this thread to help answer your questions regarding the above thread:

Armour Scaling-FAQ

Hope those help.

Cheers!

lee wilks said:
Thanks a ton. I've already got my helmet peped and everything, but i have a really big body size so the chest piece didn't fit.I'm not insanely tall or anything I've just got a large body frame.

If its the chest for the Halo 2 or 3 Spartan I think you need to seperate it into two pieces for it to fit onto you with strapping to close the halves.

Trinityblue said:

If you are using Robogenesis Mark VI Files then all you have to do to scale it to yourself is take your height in Inches and put the inches number at the bottom number of the Change Scale to fit you I would suggest adding a inch to your height though to make it work.

hey i just got done with the unknown witch happend to be a spi helmet i down loaded from wiki. it took me an extra week to print it an reprint it cuz there was no numbers. what ever, its done. it seems a little small but, itll work after a little trimming after i bondo and detail it. ill post some pics when i figure out how to upload pictures. lmao. as in my opinion this method does seem accurat as long as you apply the mm from the height to the right spot (height of the "unknown"). so if any one want to try it i say its worth a shot. i am happy with the results. blue out.

I have a question I have tried looking up how to measure yourself so it fits good, now I know how to make the change on pepakura I just wanna know how to measure yourself weather it's from your wrist to elbow or by how wide your arm is? Yes I'm a noob to this form and to making anything with pepakura.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Do you have frizz's original pep files? If not the method in the seventh post of this thread is useless for your scaling.

Armour Scaling-FAQ

Hope those help.

Cheers!

At least read the first and last pages of a thread before posting in it... This post was literally only a few posts above yours.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
At least read the first and last pages of a thread before posting in it... This post was literally only a few posts above yours.

Thankx m8 I didn't see it untill you pointed it out to me. lol but aging thankx for the links.

crunchbite said:
hey i have the pepakura viewer version, is there any way i can do some scaling on it?

With Viewer, no. You can only scale in Designer, you can use the trial version though so you don't have to pay for it unless you want to save.

1.Find out your height in inches.

2.Add 4-6 inches to that(If you don't,your armor will not fit)

3.Divide your height by 86. xx / 86 = x.xxxxx

4.Take the number you found in step 2, and multiply it by the current scale (usually around 31.9).

5.Go to Pepakura Designer, open the .pdo file, and go to the "scale" and then "scale factor".

6.Enter the number you found in step 3 in the "scale" box.

the step 4 doesn't make any sense doesn't it?

You don't need the numer? As far as these steps are right. Or the guide isn't clear enough.

Would be nice if someone could tell me what wrong is.

zUkUu said:
1.Find out your height in inches.

2.Add 4-6 inches to that(If you don't,your armor will not fit)

3.Divide your height by 86. xx / 86 = x.xxxxx

4.Take the number you found in step 2, and multiply it by the current scale (usually around 31.9).

5.Go to Pepakura Designer, open the .pdo file, and go to the "scale" and then "scale factor".

6.Enter the number you found in step 3 in the "scale" box.

the step 4 doesn't make any sense doesn't it?

You don't need the numer? As far as these steps are right. Or the guide isn't clear enough.

Would be nice if someone could tell me what wrong is.

How many times do I have to quote myself...

Armour Scaling-FAQ

Hope those help.

Cheers!

Please read the topic!

That doesn't change the fact that the wiki entry isn't clear enough or even wrong (dunno which of them is valid).

Also i'm curious about the formular and the result's. no blame to your way of doing it, but i want to try the formular. (further i have no printer, got to drive to a friends place to print.)

As a side note: There are far too many "sticky's" in far to many spreaded places to be able to get an overview.

One sticky with linkz to all threads worth to mention would be a good idea imo or a post which contains all links that are dedicated to a specific topic. or organized in ONE place (not that much spreaded like noob forum AND pepakura AND armor creation etc). ^^

I hate to do this but.... i need help scaling the mark 6 of flying SQL's hd chest there are so many scaling ways i don't even know which one to use.

Spraynoob (Once more still, i am noob.)

SprayNoob said:
I hate to do this but.... i need help scaling the mark 6 of flying SQL's hd chest there are so many scaling ways i don't even know which one to use.

Spraynoob (Once more still, i am noob.)

k no big.what i do is i have down loaded alot of robogenesis files and by chance i do have flying sqls also. robo files are easy to scale, all you do is enter your hieght (in inches) plus an inche or two so its not skin tight, into the scale. thats at the bottom of the four measurements. when you enter the new scale on a file the hieght width and depth automatically adjust the scale factors. say you enter 71 incehs in as the scale of a robo file the new hieght will be:418 mm depth:392 mm and width:405 mm. Now take the hieght from the newly enter robo scale 418mm and plug it into the height measurment of the hd file. automatically the other measurements (scale, width and depth) will adjust. in tha case of my example the new measure ment for the hd sql file will read: hieght 418mm, Width 390mm, depth 399 mm and scale is 2.504027. i have tried this method with a file that i couldnt find a scaling for and it came out great, unfortunitly i am technologicaly limited at the moment and cant upload pics of the result. and as for the scaleing for the robo files they work very well and i have pep and rondo'd one of his helmets so the scale the robo files use are correct. plus as you can see the depth and width from each file after the plug-in arent that far from each other. i call it the plug-in method. let me know how it works - blue out.

I am really not sure if this is the right thread to ask this on... But when i print my pepakura for the armour... It only puts numbers on the sheet, no lines... how can i fix this? :unsure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back