Ok Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

venommaster

I'm trying to make a staff from Final Fantasy 13 it's for a girl ;) ...I can't find any files so far and I would like to know how to make my own pepakura 3D model ...Do I have to buy a cd key or what ?
untitled.jpg

Yeah just looking at the staff, it would look like a pain to pep.

Like Ben said, it would definitely be easier to make it from scratch.

BenStreeper said:
you need a key to unfold and save a 3d model, however it would prob. be easier to make that from scratch

NP how do I make one from scratch ? ...do I use pepakura or another program? And thank you for the help

Last edited by a moderator:
venommaster said:
NP how do I make one from scratch ? ...do I use pepakura or another program? And thank you for the help

From scratch means you don't use a program. You can either get some foam core and cut out the shapes, or go buy some fake dear horns and paint them. Looks like a close enough match to me. Also I know this is gonna sound strange bit the attachment in the center looks like three door knobs with rubber nipples on top.

lmao, Benstreepers got the right idea. get yourself some pvc pipe, deer antlers, door knobs, and baby bottles... GENUIS haha.

Enrisan said:
lmao, Benstreepers got the right idea. get yourself some pvc pipe, deer antlers, door knobs, and baby bottles... GENUIS haha.

Well trying to make a good looking one :\ not one that looks like I found stuff around the house and just used glue

venommaster said:
Well trying to make a good looking one :\ not one that looks like I found stuff around the house and just used glue

well its the same thing with pepakura paper ink and glue doing it from scratch is way better and you save money an advils (for peping alot)

venommaster said:

Making one with pepakura doesn't automatically make it good looking. Making one from stuff around the house doesn't necessarily make it bad looking. It will all come down to your skills AFTER the pep or glueing of houshold items. The props that do look like houshold items are the ones where the maker didn't care enough to make a good job. Put it together, sand it, paint it and do it well, and you will have people saying "Holy sh....orts! Is that made of baby bottles and pvc pipe?!?"

If you do want to make it in pepakura, there's more to it than saying "hey pepakura designer, make a staff for me". You need to learn how to model in 3D, which by itself is not the easiest task (and not done in Pepakura Designer, it only unfolds your models). If you are going to make other props in the future, the time is well spent, but if this is a one shot deal, you'd probably spend more time just learning how to model than you would scratch building it.

I would bet a great deal of money that I could make that very well from the materials listed above sir. Remember its not what its made of, but how it looks. After all I made a suit of armor out of paper, pvc pipe, deer horns, nipples, and door Knobs sound a lot cooler ;b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back