Ok Noob Starter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwolf1166

Ok I got a noob starter question I d/l the Pep program and the viewer and the model files for the Halo files-(BaD Ass by the way), but I was trying to figure out how to do my own-How can I create my own files for armor, what do I need to do. I tried reading the posted tutorials put since I'm an on-hands type of person my brain turned to tapioca by forth paragraph..lol

So any ideals or suggestions would be great..... Oh do I need any other programs besides these two?????

Also is there any you tube videos and/or site with a videos or photo tutorials that might help...thanks again

you have to make a 3d model, then export it as an obj. Go to the 3d modeling section, there are some tuts. A quick list of programs though: Blender, Google sketchup, and Metaqouisa (not sure if that's spelled right). those ar free.

Boba Fett said:
you have to make a 3d model, then export it as an obj. Go to the 3d modeling section, there are some tuts. A quick list of programs though: Blender, Google sketchup, and Metaqouisa (not sure if that's spelled right). those ar free.

Thank you for the reply and info I've d/l blender once before, but had to delete it my comp at the time would run it. Is there a 3d program that doesn't require a masters degree in Quantum Physics to use...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Blender is usually the easiest program to use 3D's Max is pretty tough compared to blender. I tried to use it once and my brain fried just looking at the user interface! lol Google sketchup is another one you can try, but I don't know much about that. There are all kinds of tutorials on the internet for blender. There are even videos on youtube that show how to use blender, but some of the ones I found were not very detailed and seemed to be more for people who already have some sort of knowledge using blender.

Also, make sure you have pepakura DESIGNER in order to print your files. Viewer doesn't let you scale the stuff so that it fits you.

HaloGoddess said:
Blender is usually the easiest program to use 3D's Max is pretty tough compared to blender. I tried to use it once and my brain fried just looking at the user interface! lol Google sketchup is another one you can try, but I don't know much about that. There are all kinds of tutorials on the internet for blender. There are even videos on youtube that show how to use blender, but some of the ones I found were not very detailed and seemed to be more for people who already have some sort of knowledge using blender.

Also, make sure you have pepakura DESIGNER in order to print your files. Viewer doesn't let you scale the stuff so that it fits you.

Thanks for the reply I found the blender vids on you tube thanks a bunch, also I did get both Pep Gesigner and viewer have printed a few things off the halo files, but I want to learn to make my own designs. Thank for the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wings 3D ( http://www.wings3d.com/ )handles a whole lot of file types and is a free alternative to Nendo ( http://www.izware.com/nendo/index.htm )which is only $49.00 If you are starting out, then Nendo or Wings 3D is for you. It is all mouse driven, very intuitive interface and is extremely light weight. I use Nendo more than I use my high dollar Truespace simply because the quality of the models are about the same and the ease of use. I appreciate blender but I find blender a bit harder to use with a very big learning curve for noobs. Nendo is well worth the $49 and if you lack the money then Wings 3D is well worth the $free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back