Oklahoma Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently no, because I have no experience with a needle and thread. However, it would be awesome to look in to!

How is your progress coming? Have you figured out the hugh helmet yet? Looks very detailed and complicated!

Hey this build looks amazing!
I grew up in Stillwater and am currently going to school here at OSU, go pokes!
It's crazy to see this many people from Oklahoma on the forum, represent!
I don't have a WIP yet, waiting for some more reach pep files to come out

How is your progress coming? Have you figured out the hugh helmet yet? Looks very detailed and complicated!

I'm trying to import the file into lightwave cuz I plan on adding some detail from the Dutch Helmet.
I'm going to start by sizing the helmet up by making the bottom rim around the neck, then I should be good to go. I added some ref pics for all the helmet attachments for someone on the forums so hopefully they'll get around to the ones i like sooner rather than later.
I'm still hoping to see game-accurate files for reach, so I'll probably have time to get some good headway into the helmet before I find exactly what I'm looking for for the rest of the build.

Holy crap we have a #5
Oklahoma is awesome

I just graduated OSU this past May!
I have considered doing a Reach build myself, but lean towards an Iron Man build currently!
Are you going to do someone from the Noble Team or your personal in-game model?
Best of luck to ya!

Go Pokes

I'm trying to import the file into lightwave cuz I plan on adding some detail from the Dutch Helmet.
I'm going to start by sizing the helmet up by making the bottom rim around the neck, then I should be good to go. I added some ref pics for all the helmet attachments for someone on the forums so hopefully they'll get around to the ones i like sooner rather than later.
I'm still hoping to see game-accurate files for reach, so I'll probably have time to get some good headway into the helmet before I find exactly what I'm looking for for the rest of the build.

Holy crap we have a #5
Oklahoma is awesome

Oklahoma REPRESENT!

I really like your GameStop trip pics!

Totally AWESOME!

KUDOS my friend! :)

Eventually I want to do a custom Reach build, but I'm thinkin about starting with an ODST build as my first project so I can work through all the trial and error. Doing an Iron Man build would be sweet!
This has definetly inspired me!

UPDATE:

Spent the day pepping the sniper by RVB.
Resined the pieces.
Then filled it full of spray expanding foam.

Will post pics later tonight.

1st days progress....

All parts made, need bondo and detail before assembly and paint!

IMG_0624.jpg

Sadly the sniper is from halo 2 bc I couldn't find a new pep file and didn't feel like searching the archives...

Oh well, This build prolly will only take this weekend if I continue tomorrow to finish it. So not bad for a two day build

Thanks for the reference pics!

what brand of foam did you use to fill the piece with? and did you have problems with it putting too much pressure on the resined shell?

with the foam, were there any problems with it over expanding?
causing the weapon to warp out in any locations

what brand of foam did you use to fill the piece with? and did you have problems with it putting too much pressure on the resined shell?

I forget the brand, found it at lowes.

with the foam, were there any problems with it over expanding?
causing the weapon to warp out in any locations

Well lets see how I should put this....................

Over expanding???? MOST DEFINATELY!

Everything that was once square and tight became round.
Took lots of bondo work to get it to look close, its still rounded but doesn't bother me any.
I didnt plan on this piece turning out great so I'm happy with it. If I was to recommend anything I would say, stay away from the expanding foam.

really nice armour you could tell from the awesome pepping at the beginning how good it was going to be nice touch with leds you looked like Tex(from rvb) maybe you should have some suspenders on your thighs you could see you holding them in pics and your walking anyhow nice job man

that looks awesome.
I was wondering about filling my Assault rifle with foam, But was afraid of it over Expanding.
did you try just putting in a lil bet at a time?
& what section at lowes did u find it like what is it for?

I drilled holes throughout the pep and filled it full of foam. Then for the next two hours i squeezed the piece to force foam to come out of the holes.
I thought it was done expanding so I put it aside for the night.
However, it was not done expanding.... and thats why it ended up expanded and roundish.

I would recommend trying other methods such as rondo or smoothcast. But if you dont mind it being a lil round and need it to be done quickly its not a bad method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back