Oklahoma Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been awhile but here's the UPDATE:

SIDE NOTE: nothing is strapped or padded yet:(

This photo may be confusing but it really shows off the LED's....
IMG_0564.jpg

RIGHT SIDE
IMG_0560.jpg

LEFT SIDE
IMG_0563.jpg

FRONT
IMG_0561.jpg

BACK
IMG_0559.jpg

All LED's are powered by a 9V battery and have a rocker switch to turn them on.....
I'll show installation photos later..

Lower body LED's are already assembled but need glued into place!

Wow... you are awesome. That is coming out beautifully. All the LED's make me think about the possibility of a Hellgate: London armor but anyway, it's looking sweet.

When making my MK VI, I scalled everything slightly big so that it would fit with comfort. Then I tested everything as it came together and it all fit pretty well, except for the boots.

For the boots to fit with the rest of the costume, I would have to stand on my toes. Sooo..... I came up with this for a solution!

IMG_0572.jpg

The pepped boot, pair of throw back kswiss shoes, old sandals, a lil foam padding, and some ventilation hose off the back of the dryer!

IMG_0571.jpg

For installing the led, I used a 9V battery, rocker switch, couple resistors, and a red LED...

IMG_0575.jpg

Realizing that once the boot is assembled and foamed on the inside for support, I would not be able to access the 9v battery if it ever needs to be changed..... SO, I cut an access hole on the bottom of the boot!
IMG_0573.jpg

It resulted in a nice fit and made me 3 inches taller! More spartan like at 6'3 now...Hahhaa, ITS ALL ABOUT THE INCHES!
IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

UPDATE:
Lower body-
Everything is padded!
Thighs need strapping to hold them in place (HIGHER)
Touch up paint needed

Upper body-
Chest is strapped and assembled with back and ab-plate
Chest also needs some system put in place to keep it lined up...
Arms still need padding---but I couldn't resist putting them on! :p

Helmet-
Needs padding

When thighs are strapped the will set higher....but looks alright:confused

IMG_0594.jpg

Chest needs magnets or something to keep the seems lined up.... will have to think about this one:confused

IMG_0591.jpg

The light on the arm will not be viewable from this angle once the padding is in...

IMG_0590.jpg

Some other shots....
IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

Walked around in the suit and just some minor rub issues....

Once the padding is put in the arms I can see if I will be able to move my arms (it doesn't look like I'll have full range of motion- oh well)

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? I have time to adjust things still before Halloween!

Would anyone recommend using magnets to keep the chest lined up straight with the back, or some other mechanisim?

NIce progress man !

Thanks!
Your Noble 6 looks good! Can't believe you said that you were going to trash it for a clay mold??? I'll take it off your hands if it will fit :)

If anyone happens to read this thread:
What's is the best way to line up the seems on the chest where you split it? Magnets?

Thanks!

Great job! Love the way you created the boots, I may copy that.

For your chest, I'd recommend securely glueing 1/2 of a side release buckle to the top portion of the chest/backpiece with just the "teeth" showing below where you cut the piece in two. Attach the other half to the bottom/front piece, flush with the cut. Don't put either portion on a strap, but directly to the armour. It may take some trimming to get the buckle fit but once you have it lined up properly and everything dries, the two pieces won't slide around and the armour will just clip together.

img_thumb.asp

(FWIW I didn't do this on my build, and like you my pieces "float". I am going back to do it this way)

Fantastic work on your suit! I like the LED's that you have added. Looks like a sibling to my suit.
Cant wait to see more pics of it all lit up and with the sound rocking!

Cheers!

Man, that is looking great.

I used to live in Oklahoma myself when I signed up, but have moved back to Texas, where I originally lived, since then.

Great job! Love the way you created the boots, I may copy that.

For your chest, I'd recommend securely glueing 1/2 of a side release buckle to the top portion of the chest/backpiece with just the "teeth" showing below where you cut the piece in two. Attach the other half to the bottom/front piece, flush with the cut. Don't put either portion on a strap, but directly to the armour. It may take some trimming to get the buckle fit but once you have it lined up properly and everything dries, the two pieces won't slide around and the armour will just clip together.

Thanks! The idea sounds like a winner and I have seen people use this method. The only thing I'm worried about is being able to reach the release once its on. I may still do it anyway!

Fantastic work on your suit! I like the LED's that you have added. Looks like a sibling to my suit.
Cant wait to see more pics of it all lit up and with the sound rocking!

Cheers!

Thanks! I may or may not have looked at your thread and website everyday for advice??? So hearing you say it looks like a "sibling" is a huge compliment!!! However, I was thinking it looked more like the red-headed step child compared to yours.

Man, that is looking great.

I used to live in Oklahoma myself when I signed up, but have moved back to Texas, where I originally lived, since then.

Sorry to hear you left the good side to join the dark down in Texas! Ha ha, Thanks!

Day 84

After reading basically every sticky and nearly every thread, I have finished my very own MK VI armor!!!

I'd like to say thanks to the 405th, the creators of the pep files, veterans for their advice, and other inspirational members like Thorsolli and LongShot!

I hope to give my armor a test spin sometime this week at a GameStop and pre-order the Kinetic! Maybe even video my trip???

Thanks again 405th!!

don't forget to leave a spot for that Power Cat Logo!!!

Your armor turned out great, I like the red leds, and the shoe/boots...I am going in the same direction mostly, except I am using the large foam pads from harbor freight to make full size soles for my boots, still a work in progress, but will post pics when I get it going...

I am using the magnets to keep the chest together just like longshots...I am using magnets out of a bunch of old hard drives I have laying about, those lil things are pretty darn strong...and I will be putting one in my piston and thigh, have not decided if I am gonna put one in my rifle yet? what you think?...oh and don't say a dang thing about the skull dragging Nebraska put on us...that was very painful

I've been following your progress since you started this thread. I really liked how your armor turned out for you! Great work indeed! The lights definitely add to the suite very well! Congrats on your first suit!! I will be reviewing your thread for when I make my own spartan armor for inspiration! (if I ever finish off Iron man lol)

*edit* oh and BTW, what are the black tubes everyone uses on their helmets? The vent hoses or whatever.. they all look the part and they all seem the same for everyone. Did I miss what everyone uses for that part??

amazing work, i love how you left a bit of the pitting from the bondo in the back it adds a bit of character to the suit, great work mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back