OLD Project Gravity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensai111

The thread has gotten so far off topic the mods are locking this thread because people can't be post positive and helpful remarks and would rather complain about current state of affairs rather then being a mature community. A new topic will be created via permission of the mods and will be closely monitored. If you don't have anything nice to say on this one, don't say anything at all. Thanks Deadguy for working this out when you shouldn't have to :\

Cheers,
Kensai

Another bloody Super-Secret Project? Please, just keep it to yourself until you have something to show. Thanks, Adam.. nice trend.

Mmmmm... I just read somthing in the Scar the Just topic (in your sig) about this Project Gravity, I didn't have to wait so long for you to post.. hehe :D

with those people's help, I think this will be as great sa your armor, maybe even better.... even A LOT better...

I wonder what it will be... not drooling YET ( :D ) though, i am drooling about your armor lol hehe

EDIT: can you add maybe a distorted pic? hehe

Oh felt I should add this considering the recent PM's already. The name does not give it away, I wouldn't be spending upwards of a year on a gravity hammer Thanks for the kind words centerside, Scar is nearing completion shouldn't be more than a week or two at max. However, progress on both projects is being made and a huge update will be at hand for both of them.

Cheers,
Kensai

I'll be checking this topic for updates. I really like your theme for your armor, what would it be this time.... 2 weeks eh? I can't wait.

I thought it was a Gravity Hammer, but spending about a year for it, no way... turns out I was right, so it must be something very special, but not a Vehicle, not a gravity hammer, maybe a new kind of suit? I read this other topic creating other suit variants...

I agree with Vrogy. Why bother starting a thread? You have a great team working with you. wait to start a thread when you have something tangible for people to drool over. feel free to PM me when you have something.

Yeah, I mean what is the point of:
"Look at my secret thing" posts....

It doesn't server any purpose to the community.... and if they don't stop now, everyone will be starting them.

Also, we don't seem to tolerate posts about people projects they are thinking of working on, why should we tolerate these?

Just tell everyone what you're doing and stop being so 'elitist'

kensai111 said:
No other names can be confirmed at this time but a specific cardboard master :p and molding expert are still being negotiated for this project.

I can offer moldmaking services unless you had someone else in mind. ;)

To everybody else, please chill. For years we've been seeing WIP threads or simple posts of completed work, nothing in between. Sometimes people are very excited to tell us all what they're doing but for legal or competitive reasons aren't able to let the cat out of the bag til they get approval to do so. It's simply another way to say 'I'm working on something big, more details to follow!"

Although some of you may find the 'secret project tease' thing irritating, others may enjoy the chance to guess what someone else is working on. If you don't care for it, just disregard the thread and move on to greener, more certain pastures.

It does go against the 'pics or don't post about it now' guideline, but we always give people time to correct that. That being said, kensai111, you'll need to upload a teaser pic to this thread or it'll probably get closed. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
I can offer moldmaking services unless you had someone else in mind. ;)
To everybody else, please chill. For years we've been seeing WIP threads or simple posts of completed work, nothing in between. Sometimes people are very excited to tell us all what they're doing but for legal or competitive reasons aren't able to let the cat out of the bag til they get approval to do so. It's simply another way to say 'I'm working on something big, more details to follow!"

Although some of you may find the 'secret project tease' thing irritating, others may enjoy the chance to guess what someone else is working on. If you don't care for it, just disregard the thread and move on to greener, more certain pastures.

It does go against the 'pics or don't post about it now' guideline, but we always give people time to correct that. That being said, kensai111, you'll need to upload a teaser pic to this thread or it'll probably get closed. :eek:

Sean, I'm actually in desperate need of a molder which we can discuss via PM's so none of those unwritten rules are broken. I'm glad the bad mood party moved in on the thread, way to be positive and make me feel like working extra hard on this for you guys :\. Yes yes I understand some of you all don't want to play the guessing game and that's fine. If you remember this is a community as such there is forum etiquette to be followed. There are enough nay-sayers elsewhere, as they say if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Sean was correct as to why I didn't throw it out on the table, getting approval for letting you know who is working on this along with what they are working on because I'm a strong believer in "give credit where credit is due". Asking for all of this impressive talent wasn't easy futhermore I don't want it to be seen as my project so much as something for all of us. Especially if the modeler's decide to release the pep models. As for pictures, I'll make sure something gets posted ASAP Sean, let me visit the garage and see if what I was working on is done curing..

kensai111 said:
Sean, I'm actually in desperate need of a molder which we can discuss via PM's so none of those unwritten rules are broken. I'm glad the bad mood party moved in on the thread, way to be positive and make me feel like working extra hard on this for you guys :\. Yes yes I understand some of you all don't want to play the guessing game and that's fine. If you remember this is a community as such there is forum etiquette to be followed. There are enough nay-sayers elsewhere, as they say if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Sean was correct as to why I didn't throw it out on the table, getting approval for letting you know who is working on this along with what they are working on because I'm a strong believer in "give credit where credit is due". Asking for all of this impressive talent wasn't easy futhermore I don't want it to be seen as my project so much as something for all of us. Especially if the modeler's decide to release the pep models. As for pictures, I'll make sure something gets posted ASAP Sean, let me visit the garage and see if what I was working on is done curing..

yes the bad mood party showed up. There is no need for secret projects - work on it with whomever you like or can get to help and start a thread when it is done or you have something you want to share - not just "an epic project from the 405th." If you have a project you don't want others to know about "just yet" keep your mouth shut until you are ready. Stop playing games - if you just post a project you might get help from unexpected sources. My 50 cents - waiting for the ban hammer.

I think I got it...lol. lookin forward to more update type things.

and @ Tlither : Why would he be banned if Adam had a secret project, along with Sean himself? If you don't like secret project topics, just stay away from them instead of coming in and being a jerk to whoever's running it.

Let me guess. Brute costume, along with whoever made the file.

There, secret's out of the bag, can we PLEASE stop beating a dead horse over and over? Secrecy topics suck, over-defensive people suck, and quite honestly, I'm sick of both sides.

If you have a secret project, keep it bloody secret instead of teasing us. The entire thing's getting old.

For those who don't like 'secret' topics, try and avoid them at all costs.

Now can we PLEASE stop arguing?

Amen Primal! I'm with you on this.

@Dark - I meant the hammer for me...Since I was being an ass and not going along with the majority vote on having secret projects. I'm done with this thread. PM me when there is something substantial to report.

Don't get too comfy - half that rant was aimed at you.

Now, before I call quits on this whole mess, let's set the record straight on both sides.

Now, I know you guys out there with secret projects really want to have it out in the open, but really. What's the point in a 'secret' project if everyone out there knows you even HAVE the project? it's like saying 'I have a new motorbike, but I'm not telling you the model until it's here!'

It's completely useless and in the end everyone just gets sick of guessing, then walks off to find other, more interesting things - which leaves you without an audience. Have some patience and show it when it's done if you want it to be secret, otherwise we'd like progress pictures.

------------------------

As for those people who insist on popping in and whining about secret projects in the manner above - for heaven's sake, give it a rest. If it chaps you so badly, just turn around and walk away, give it a week, then come back. Ignore it until it's done, and then be happy you didn't have to sit through about twenty pages of rabid fanboy speculation. And please don't whine about it, because it makes all those fanboys get their panties in a twist - and nothing's worse than seeing morons get all whiny about the things they love.

So... all in all, people, I'd like to see EVERYONE here give it a damned rest, OK? The entire situation sucks hard enough to vacuum Gordon Brown's toupee right the hell off of his head, and I'm sick of wandering into topics to find half the posts being rabid and idiotic speculation, and the other half people getting angsty and impatient.

Those being secretive: keep it a secret. Those not wanting to get involved with secret projects: just walk away.

Now can we PLEASE go back to happy town? Because that's where my armor's at, and all this whining is making me want to take my craft knife to someone.

Primal Weyland said:
Don't get too comfy - half that rant was aimed at you.

Now, before I call quits on this whole mess, let's set the record straight on both sides.

Now, I know you guys out there with secret projects really want to have it out in the open, but really. What's the point in a 'secret' project if everyone out there knows you even HAVE the project? it's like saying 'I have a new motorbike, but I'm not telling you the model until it's here!'

It's completely useless and in the end everyone just gets sick of guessing, then walks off to find other, more interesting things - which leaves you without an audience. Have some patience and show it when it's done if you want it to be secret, otherwise we'd like progress pictures.

------------------------

As for those people who insist on popping in and whining about secret projects in the manner above - for heaven's sake, give it a rest. If it chaps you so badly, just turn around and walk away, give it a week, then come back. Ignore it until it's done, and then be happy you didn't have to sit through about twenty pages of rabid fanboy speculation. And please don't whine about it, because it makes all those fanboys get their panties in a twist - and nothing's worse than seeing morons get all whiny about the things they love.
So... all in all, people, I'd like to see EVERYONE here give it a damned rest, OK? The entire situation sucks hard enough to vacuum Gordon Brown's toupee right the hell off of his head, and I'm sick of wandering into topics to find half the posts being rabid and idiotic speculation, and the other half people getting angsty and impatient.

Those being secretive: keep it a secret. Those not wanting to get involved with secret projects: just walk away.

Now can we PLEASE go back to happy town? Because that's where my armor's at, and all this whining is making me want to take my craft knife to someone.

Primal Weyland can has WIN.

Seriously, secret projects are fun up to a point. They may seem like a fabulous idea at first, but they get old faster than imaginable.

Now, back on topic, I am looking forward to actual progress pictures. I'm sure this will be awesome on a variety of levels and/or planes.

Good luck with the Brute armor (?), kensai. It'll be a new boundary broken.

I HOPE it's a brute Costume.. Love to see a good one of those get made.

Good luck with your project, but I hope you're actually keeping a fabrication log somewhere that you'll be able to post along with your big reveal.. Part of the Board's function is to share ideas, methods, and lend expertise on your projects so the rest of us can learn somethng from them.

If everyone had a secret project, and they didn't share the fabrication details (at some point), there'd be nothing/noone here. Tutorials wouldn't be written, and 9-out-of-10 folks wouldn't know how to do any of this stuff, let alone have anything of their own to show-off now.

Could you imagine if JediFraz had keep the pepakura stuff "on the down low" to avoid having anyone get anything done that's as cool as his stuff? Goodbye to 3/4ths of the community and it's acheivements.

Sharing the fabrication is kinda' the point. It's up to you if you ever share anything, but it's how you give back to the community that helped you do all this, and/or helped you get the "right" folks involved in your project. Normally, it's a good idea to get feedback from the community as you build, too, but I can certainly understand the desire to avoid that.

It might also help YOU become one of the "right" folks for the next big 405th project.

It's a duty and responsibility, but not a requirement of this community.. Just think about it and consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back