Omg!-lol-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadingspartan

So I was making my helmet and putting superglue to glue it together. Then It spilled all over my hands got on my hair, and on my helmet. Does anyone know how to get superglue off plastic without ruining the paint(particularly the legendary helmet)? Plus how do i get it out of my hair without cutting it, and off my hands. PLZ HELPS. OMGOMGOMG Don't flame just cause i ruined the legendary helmet. PLZ HELPS PLZZZ.

Leadingspartan said:
So I was making my helmet and putting superglue to glue it together. Then It spilled all over my hands got on my hair, and on my helmet. Does anyone know how to get superglue off plastic without ruining the paint(particularly the legendary helmet)? Plus how do i get it out of my hair without cutting it, and off my hands. PLZ HELPS. OMGOMGOMG Don't flame just cause i ruined the legendary helmet. PLZ HELPS PLZZZ.

Unfortunately the only way I know of to remove super glue is acetone.....aka nail polish remover. I don't know what that will do to you Legendary Helmet, not much I would imagine but I would spot test it in a hidden location before I doused my helmet in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
:oops:

I would definitely have to say acetone.... BUT!!! Acetone is a powerful solvent so make sure that you test an extremely small spot on the helmet (probably somewhere near the opening) as Acetone will eat styrofoam, some plastics, and it will definitely eat fiberglass.

For your hands, Acetone and a green brillo pad - this is what i use when i get it on me, hope you have some tough skin!

For your hair, you're gonna have to either cut out the affected area or you'll have to just wait until it wears off. Acetone will dissolve hair and then you'll be in a right bloody mess!

However, acetone in all of its glory will not immediately dissolve super glue. Your best bet for the helmet would probably be to just sand it smooth and then paint over it.

Wear your respirator and open a window as the fumes are pretty noxious... and flammable!

Super glue on skin... Just leave it and it will come loose on its own..
Super glue on Legendary helmet... That my friend will have to stay there for good unless you want to sand it and paint. But then you're probably not going to find a match and have to paint the entire helmet..

Acetone will mess up the helmet even more so I'd say live with the glue stain ;)

Ta-Da!:

pACE2-1188587reg.jpg

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-duro-and-reg...pi-1418920.html

..and for my next trick I'll need a volunteer from the audience who does not fear death. :D

Not sure it this is the solution, but it certainly sounds promising doesn't it? I Googles good?

Sean Bradley said:
Dude, thats for a 12 pack. You can buy single packs elsewhere... like here for instance: http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarestore.co...ver-140962.aspx

How does $3.29 grab you? Might be a worthwhile investment to save your $100 plus Legendary Helmet.
Wow I feel like such a dumb-blam!-. Sorry Sean. Still have alot of stuff i got to find. Seems the search buttoon never finds anything related to my subject though lol.

Google am fasterz when looking for this kinda stuff sometimes. I just remembered buying some of this ages ago and losing it, then needing it badly. Hence I'll always remember the product for the rest of my life.

Hope it works for your helmet...

Sean Bradley said:
Google am fasterz when looking for this kinda stuff sometimes. I just remembered buying some of this ages ago and losing it, then needing it badly. Hence I'll always remember the product for the rest of my life.

Hope it works for your helmet...
Thanks -P.S- Was that your arbiter suit at Dragon Con? That suit along with Spase's Marine ( I think) and Adam's Armor (I think) would make a great picture. OMG

Yep. See the link in my signature?

Also here.

I'll have a thread for it when I get a chance to upload the enormous 'making of' gallery. I'm a procrastinator... but I'm also a workaholic.

Thanks for askin. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back