omg the 501st????

Status
Not open for further replies.

xomanowar

the 501st are in the Guinness World Records (omg) for the biggest costume group like (lol) ever!!!!! (in starwas tho') but why cant we be the bigget mc costume group?

or,can we beat this??? they have there own trading cards for gods sake!!!

thats because Star wars has been around then Halo. halo was made in 2001.
Star wars was made in the 1970's.
they deserve that record.

you fail to realise they have more resources then us, and have been around for, what? More then a decade? and star wars has been around since the 70's, everyone knows what star wars is, ANYONE can recognise a storm trooper. We are small-time as of yet, and therefore, the big wigs like guinness world records is not going to pay us any heed.

I here is a 6-step long-term plan for success for the 405th:

Step one: Senier members (the big wigs on these forums, such as Adam, Link, etc) set up a detailed rank structer.

Step two: frequent meetings to discuss setting up recruitment places around the country.

Step three: create standardized armor kit and several weapons for distribution to all new members.

Step four: go to conventions as large groups, and advertise and show off.

Step five: organize parades, events, etc.

Step six, continue to expand

We are currently on step 1

xomanowar said:
the 501st are in the Guinness World Records (omg) for the biggest costume group like (lol) ever!!!!! (in starwas tho') but why cant we be the bigget mc costume group?

or,can we beat this??? they have there own trading cards for gods sake!!!
Because we aren't offical.

Because we dont go to big events together

Because Bungie/Microsoft doesnt care about us, so they wont recognize us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude star wars have made like 8 films inculuding 6 proper ones and 2 litle ones.
They have !ALOT! more games than halo, Thay have cartoon shows of star wars.
Star wars as said has been around much longer. Halo hasnt even realese3d 1 film yet.
We have alot of members but no where near as meny as 501st.com .
We will never beat them........... Well not when im around in that time peiriod.
Well lets just wait see shall we? Im a huge fan of star wars. More than Halo.

Star wars has been out for 30+ years.

Halo has been out for less than 10 years

Star wars started out as a movie

Halo started as a game

Movies are more popular than games in fanbase

501st has like 3000 members with armor

405th has only probably 50 or less members with full suits of halo armor

3000 - 50

It's clear why they are in the record book.

Thats less than 50, Theres a few with molded suits, and there are a few with pep/cardboard suits, the rest just have helmets or make other stuff.

Lucas Film Ltd allow us (the 501st) to exist because of the charity work of some of our members, it makes Lucas look good by proxy. There will probably never be another group like the 501 because no film will probably ever have the same impact as the first Star Wars, you have to remember at the time there was nothing like it, Star Wars represented a huge leap in the use of effects in a film, this is what I believe really grabbed the publics attention and gave star wars such an important place in the western worlds imagination. George was a pioneer in the FX industry (and still is) One thing I worry about is the future generations of kids (like the ones we visit in hospitals etc) will stop recognising our costumes, at which point the 501 will just be like any other costume club. Sure there are a lot of us, all over the world, but when the kids don't know/care who darth vader is, it wont really help that much.

We can't make a standard kit to be distributed. Who even makes it will get shut down real quick, same thing happens with people that make star wars stuff that are to open about it. It's the biggest problem about good costuming, the best stuff is always non-licence and is there for "bootleg" and not legal.

NZ-TK said:
Lucas Film Ltd allow us (the 501st) to exist because of the charity work of some of our members, it makes Lucas look good by proxy. There will probably never be another group like the 501 because no film will probably ever have the same impact as the first Star Wars, you have to remember at the time there was nothing like it, Star Wars represented a huge leap in the use of effects in a film, this is what I believe really grabbed the publics attention and gave star wars such an important place in the western worlds imagination. George was a pioneer in the FX industry (and still is) One thing I worry about is the future generations of kids (like the ones we visit in hospitals etc) will stop recognising our costumes, at which point the 501 will just be like any other costume club. Sure there are a lot of us, all over the world, but when the kids don't know/care who darth vader is, it wont really help that much.
Thats why they reshow star wars in theaters every so many years. Another 10 years and they might reshow it.

CMANavy said:
We can't make a standard kit to be distributed. Who even makes it will get shut down real quick, same thing happens with people that make star wars stuff that are to open about it. It's the biggest problem about good costuming, the best stuff is always non-licence and is there for "bootleg" and not legal.

Go look at rubies, then go cry at it's horrible armor. Thats why we cant mass sell one kit, because rubies can.

AoBfrost said:
Go look at rubies, then go cry at it's horrible armor. Thats why we cant mass sell one kit, because rubies can.

Rubies bought the licence to sell it. Plus all of the Don Post (The orginal licence holder) items were significantly altered from the orginals. That was part of the deal.

Case and point, first pic is a Rubies/Don Post stormy helmet. The second pic is a 2nd Gen casting of the orginial "Set for Stun" ANH helmet.

RU65005lg.jpg

Shiver...

Now the Good one, My TE ANH Sandtrooper.

100_1395.jpg

100_1396.jpg

Big differences.

StarWars have ideology and sometimes even considered as religion (The Light of the Great Force. Lol). Can you say about Halo same things?

Another 10 years and they might reshow it
Apparently its being converted to 3d with some fancy new technology, I'm looking forward to 3d space battles and biker scout chases

Dang it, stop editing movies, I hate buying them on DVD, then having to buy the remastered HD version on DVD, then buy it on Blue ray. The original is fine.

By converting, do you mean battle scenes? Or are the actors themselves being turned into 3d characters? Turning them 3d would just make me angry.

CMANavy said:
Rubies bought the licence to sell it. Plus all of the Don Post (The orginal licence holder) items were significantly altered from the orginals. That was part of the deal.

Case and point, first pic is a Rubies/Don Post stormy helmet. The second pic is a 2nd Gen casting of the orginial "Set for Stun" ANH helmet.

RU65005lg.jpg

Shiver...

Now the Good one, My TE ANH Sandtrooper.

100_1395.jpg

100_1396.jpg

Big differences.

I don't see much of a difference, they both have similar features, except the very top one has the mouth piece different then the ones at the bottom, which look painted from the angle shown.

Maybe I am missing something? All of those helmets are good, if the top one is a licenced version what is the problem with it? Better then what the licenced halo stuff looks like.(if what microsoft brought out for the halo launch is the licenced stuff that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back