On A Mission To Build 6 Suits! Yeah 6 Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
accurate, yes...good...no. BTW, I gots me a copy o' Left 4 Dead, so there's a larger range of people to play with more often. I do want split/second though :( anyhow, I got some progress, and im using plaster in place of bondo, cause i want to get this done, and i dont have bondo on hand...anyway, I need to pep 2 shins, thighs, forearms, one shoulder, some middle parts, and the torso, plus get boots. the boots are the only thing im worried about as of now.

Project003 said:
to express how Epic this thread is, I shall now post this picture here.

EPIC.jpg

EPIC WIN!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Ryan is the 6th suit an ODST or another marine?

Or.... are going with a REACH Spartan??

Last edited by a moderator:
if you look at his sig he has two ODST's and four marines, yay i figured out what the the sixth suit was i win also the radio pack is turning out awesome but i would like to see your reference pics to see what exactly you making

Purrie said:
Ah I see now, well that's quite awesome man! And I still cant believe how smooth you're able to get that ODST helmet so fast... It's taking me forever to get mine even close to that

Well I'm using 60 grit, then 100, 150 and so on so it gets more in shape and more smoother.

Squishy said:
4 to 5 cans? How much was in each can? Thanks for the response! Looks great as usual.

Its the Bondo brand fiberglass resin, i really don't know how much is in it :( Sorry

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/611752_front200.jpg

Aaron said:
accurate, yes...good...no. BTW, I gots me a copy o' Left 4 Dead, so there's a larger range of people to play with more often. I do want split/second though :( anyhow, I got some progress, and im using plaster in place of bondo, cause i want to get this done, and i dont have bondo on hand...anyway, I need to pep 2 shins, thighs, forearms, one shoulder, some middle parts, and the torso, plus get boots. the boots are the only thing im worried about as of now.

LOL left 4 dead man i haven't played that since last year, that was fun times... times.... but yeah good work and finish up the suit dude, and try to do some odd jobs to get those boots :)

jake11124 said:
if you look at his sig he has two ODST's and four marines, yay i figured out what the the sixth suit was i win also the radio pack is turning out awesome but i would like to see your reference pics to see what exactly you making

LOL haha thanks jake, and for the reference pics I'm not really using any reference pics. Maybe only the Halo 3 Marine ref. pics of the radio pack but it won't exactly be accurate because I'm trying to make it look like a older model or version of the H3 Marine Radio pack in HALO 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
@jake11124 - well i was getting frustrated with trying to scratch build the exact replica of the H3 marine radiopack lol... well i gotta figure a name for this bad boy... and i start bondoeing tomorrow on this sucker. :)

Anyways I'll try to get some pics up afterwards and also the awesome Paintball pics as well this upcoming sunday if you guys are interested lol XD

Yeah dude, I'll get right o nthat. BTW, does anyone know if plaster is a good substitue for bondo? I got some on a shoulder piece, and it seems fine, but will it crumble? Oh, and I'll try to P"M you some progress pics rvalera :)

So, when are we going to see this new stuff?

HOW BOUT NOW! SIR! Damn this whole site is hard to get used to man...

OK HERES WHAT I GOT WHILE I WAS AWAY!

OK UPDATE!

Worked on the Radio pak I think I'm done with that, started on the shotgun, and gonna start molding the Marine Armor this upcoming week! and oh yeah how you like the paint job on the ODST HELM?
Photo0488.jpg

Photo0489.jpg

Photo0490.jpg

Photo0493.jpg

Photo0497.jpg

Photo0492.jpg

Photo0498.jpg

l_0a926a858fbf431f8e5cdaba2644c0eb.jpg

l_924400a9bbe2472597160b65ed85da70.jpg

and oh yeah changed the vest on the marine armor so its lighter and less hot too :)
Photo0491.jpg

Photo0499.jpg

hoped you guys like it, and sorry it wasn't much but I'm kinda in a hurry and i only have 3 weeks til comic con, so I'm a bit on the edge right now :)

Looking good and no kidding cannot believe 3 weeks til comic con. Im still working out the little odds and ends on my armor. But all and all cannot wait to see you guys there and take pics!!!

nice work so far on the radio pack and weapons. your doing a lot better than I am. I keep getting distracted by fancy halo reach news. I hope you finish and take pictures so we can all see. good luck :cool

Damn this is getting scarryyyyyyyy! I hope the molds come out good this week :\ and if they do DAMN! THIS IS WAR! and yeah I'm looking forward to meeting everyone going to comic con :)

Anyways hows roodkill's Diorama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back