Our Story so far, Mark VI Armor w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so because I am an idiot I had just about finished a post with pics of everything and went to flip to another tab on my browser and closed the one I was posting on out. I don't have the energy right now to redo the whole damn thing so I'll just show whats coming along well, and one not so well.

Probably be the last Helmet pics I throw up until I get the visor in next week. I'm down to padding an minor detail work now. LEDs are in and work (though on of them got mounted about 1/8 inch off center and I didn't notice it till everything was glued in, I'm pissed, it bugs me but oh well, I can only pray that is the only problem I have with it.

100_1615.jpg

100_1618.jpg

Padding
100_1620.jpg

Chest is just about ready for paint, had to separate the bottom due to fittment issues, gonna free float it when it's done

100_1614.jpg

IronMans Underpants?
100_1606.jpg

100_1605.jpg

More fittment issues, my shoulders are apparently too damn big so I had to notch and adjust the front, hence this mess here
100_1610.jpg

Big assed air bubble meant I had to rework one corner of the top middle, I shill have a bunch of shping left here
100_1611.jpg

there ya go for now, I'll udate any progress I may make this weekend then try to get back on my weekly updates again.

Here we are another week later and another round of pics.

Helmet is 99,9% done right now, lights, fan, visor and most of the padding is in, some small touch up to take care of and thats it...don't know why the pics make it looked warped, because it really isn't.

100_1657.jpg

100_1658.jpg

100_1659.jpg

100_1660.jpg

Right arm pieces almost done
100_1661.jpg

Chest upper in Blue on my new fangled bodyform
100_1663.jpg

100_1662.jpg

And the Back piece all repaired and fitting much better, all I have left is finish sanding and a little spot filler here.
100_1666.jpg

100_1666.jpg

So I come home the other day with 2 rolls of duct tape and some PVC pipe, my wife asks me what it's for... I told her and she had a blast duct taping the hell out of me, just need to build a base for it to sit upright still. Woulda had pics of me all taped up but at the point I was starting to realize that breathing isn't as overated as I thought.

100_1664.jpg

EDIT: Okay so my carpet looks disgusting... it also looks grey but it's blue, I hate it I can't keep it clean, but it really isn't as bad as it looks

100_1666.jpg

The helmet is looking very good! I like the blue/black colors!
Excellent work so far.

Keep it up!

Cheers.

Well another week gone by and more progress, lost a day and a half to rain and other things but made strides on a few things. Front detail pieces are painted, back is painted, though has some touch up to be done, right bicep piece is painted and the shoulder is just about ready for paint, had a hicup with this because of some weak fiberglass around the edge that had to be cut out and redone. Right forarm is coming along well, mostly just detail work on that left to go. Flat black is just a guide coat to se where I am as far as shaping and finishing. Hope to have these in blue by next weekend.

100_1674.jpg

100_1675.jpg

100_1683.jpg

100_1682.jpg

100_1690.jpg

100_1672.jpg

Neckless Spartan
100_1680.jpg

Strapping that's on there is temporary to keep it on the stand the permanent stuff to come soon.

Two weeks and no updates to speak of yet, between an insane heat wave, Earl and a honey-do list, progress has been slowed, As of now I have the right arm nearing paint, working on pading and strapping the torso and the rest of the pepped stuff is eiither resined or fiberglassed. I'll have pics when I have more noteable progress to report.

Made some progress this weekend, which in itself is shocking seeing as I have been glued tro reach all week. So other than having to redo the codpiece because the warping was more than I could fix, everything going smooth so far.

Arm pieces, the right arm is in primer, little more sanding and a bit of spot putty and they are ready for paint
100_1692.jpg

Legs, thankfully I was able to salvage the uppers after having been crushed, made for a little more work on this end, but it's all falling into place.
100_1694.jpg

100_1696.jpg

So this is my status for the week, hope that next pics will have more blue in them!

profilepic21064_3.gif

This looks pretty good. could i just suggest one thing though? It seems like you painted in solid lines in the recess areas to emphasize them. While this does work, it creates a flat sort of image. If you apply a Brown wash all over your armour it can create a very nice shadow effect that gives the armour a dirty battle worn look. Also, drybrushing the edges of the armour in a lighter blue colour will make it look worn. I mainly used this on models and im still yet to try it on armour but im just saying it might work.

appart from that, very nicely done.

thanks everyone!

@Jabenbetz, I'm probably gonna do something like that at the end when everything is done, right now I am getting it painted and getting the base details set in then if I have time go over and add the rest. Thanks for the advice on how to do it though.

Wow, I'm sorry I missed this before! Well, welcome to the 405th! And it looks great! Not much warping, bondo looks smooth and even, especially for low def parts! When you do jump up to high definition, check out MrOreo123s thread, he has some great smooth unfolds for the legs. It will save you a ton of time and hassle!

@ mr. baker, huh????? not sur I got all that but welcome, take some time to read the stickies, it'll tell you everything you need to know, including not double ( or quad) posting. Good luck

@Brandon, Thanks! I'm starting to think that while assembling the low def parts was the easiest route being my first build it is really making for more finish work in the end. In for a penny in for a pound, I'm gonna at least finish this one before I move on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back