P0rtalman's Cosplay Wip's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

This thread is now my cosplay WIP thread. Current project: Spike Spiegel (see latest post)

Original post:
these are pics pics of what I've made while i haven't been working on my ODST:
Ready_to_strike____a_pose_by_p0rtal.jpg

Hughes_and_John_by_p0rtalman.jpg

Hughes_face_shot_by_p0rtalman.jpg

isn__t_she_adorable_by_p0rtalman2.jpg

I know the hair isn't the right color... the dye didn't take well to the natural color hair :(

also, for the lulz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_gzZEwca5c
the cosplay song, written and preformed by john, the man with me in the second picture.

23Magnum said:
I've seen the show on occasion, but which one is Maes Hughes?

Isn't Hughes the one that dies? Which was a huge shame as he was an awesome character..
Excellent cosplay Port. I'm a huge FMA fan. Great Anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
ditto with the FMA fan

Maes Hughes was a pretty cool character , also funny as hell .

how many glomps did you surive from thoses fan girls ? :whistle:

Thanks everyone.
Maes Hughes is mustangs best friend, and a good friend to the Elric brothers too.
Hes only in the first 2 seasons, but hes still one of the best characters imo.
No plans to make Alphonse, I'm done with FMA cosplay, next on the list is Spike from cowboy bebop, which should be done in a few weeks.
Didn't get all that many glomps, about 3 or 4. :lol:

p0rtalman said:
Thanks everyone.
Maes Hughes is mustangs best friend, and a good friend to the Elric brothers too.
Hes only in the first 2 seasons, but hes still one of the best characters imo.
No plans to make Alphonse, I'm done with FMA cosplay, next on the list is Spike from cowboy bebop, which should be done in a few weeks.
Didn't get all that many glomps, about 3 or 4. :lol:

Good luck with the hair with Spike, you'll need it! ;)

Razgriz said:
Good luck with the hair with Spike, you'll need it! ;)
Ill be getting a wig for spike, my hair was the right style for it, but not the right colour, and i don't want to get it permanently died... And i wont be able to grow enough back before the con i want to wear it to anyway (less than 2 weeks away)

Actually, I get crap tons of glomps as Church from Red vs. Blue. I've always dreamed of 7 foot tall Al cosplay from FMA... that would get lots of glomps! :D

Ok, I'm working on so many non-halo costumes right now i figured i would make a WIP thread.
Spike Spiegel so far:
DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

shirt is at 99%- it just needs buttons
Pants at 80%- needs zipper, length adjustment and the waist band.

TODAY IS MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very nice cosplay man...and a very heart tugging song XD

p0rtalman said:

I don't think he meant that as an insult, if you look at spike in the anime and such he is pretty damn thin because of the art style.

But still that did seem like a rude comment o_O .

Yeah i know what you mean, but no-one on these forums is as tall or pumped as the master chief. :rolleyes
Spike is rather thin, but most anime characters are either really thin, or really fat. Admittedly my body type is more suited for Jet, but I'm not shaving my hair :D

Spike is done. I got second place at Melbourne animania! And my best mate dunkley won it :D
Here's some pics:
DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

I dyed my hair black that night since my wig didn't arrive, so there will be another, better photo shoot in a few days or weeks...

OMG! HUGHES! *Tackles*

..."We've seen these pictures a hundred time!" lol

FMA is awesome, you costumes are awesome as well. have you seen FMA 2 yet? What do you think?

haha! Thanks Kaya!
I haven't seen FMA 2 yet... i don't really like watching subtitles, I'm more of a dub person, but its hard not to watch it... Who knows if i get bored some day before they release it in eng dub... :lol:

random note: Ill be doing another spike photoshoot (a better one) in a few days, and hopefully a Hughes and/or mustang shoot next weekend or earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back