Props Paintball Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been waiting for EVER for someone to turn a prop into a Paintball of Airsoft Gun, And I am glad someone finally did it. Looks AWESOME. Cant wait to see the finished version

I would fill any hollow sections of the gun with expanding foam so you won't accidentally crush it if you fall.

Lord Devious said:
I would fill any hollow sections of the gun with expanding foam so you won't accidentally crush it if you fall.

exactly my plan :p

like the stock and hand grip.

but I think I'm going to mold the gun later.

I will mold it when I get money.

it's just that, plastic is alot easier to play with :p

I won't have to worry with having the gun breaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
bam I just added some expanding foam to the buttstock and the grip.

pictures will come when the stuff cures :)

and plus, I have a dead line for January 21st D:

friends paintballing party!

landothespartan said:
Nice, and if you made a video, could you please put it on Google Video? Youtube doesn't work on my computer.

I have not made a video yet, but if I do, I will definatly upload it on google :)

*update*

I primed and painted my AR.

I made it a darkish gray. but I ran into a problem.

I primed the AR yesterday morning. everything dried by today for sure then I painted both sides gray. but one side is really wierd looking.

phailed.

PaintedARproblem.jpg

but here's a picture of the gun itself. the gun is disassembled so it looks abit odd :p

PaintedAR.jpg

my question is, can this piece be saved? It doesnt have to look perfectly new.

Did you use primer before you painted it? It's possible that you put the paint on too thick, and if you didn't use primer, it's more likely that the paint won't adhere to the surface and will start to crack like that.

carpathiavh99 said:
Did you use primer before you painted it? It's possible that you put the paint on too thick, and if you didn't use primer, it's more likely that the paint won't adhere to the surface and will start to crack like that.

I did put primer. I didnt put think coats. the "runs" are from the resin D:

I like it...I am working on the stock to my ODST smg. I'm going to play Paintball the 28th of this month.I would love to have my Rookie armor done in time,But since it is cold I will be padded up with a couple of coats.

Can't wait to see this finishes. :D

You might say,"Paintballs don't hurt!"

My answer,"They do when shot from 17 feet away!"

** UPDATE! **

I finally painted the thing as a whole.

it dried and I fixed the paint cracking problem with a simple paint coat over it. you can barely see it anymore.

But I still want to paint some more colors onto it.

maybe a light gray? :S but I wasnt able to find it in the hardware store.

I need to add an attachment to the cocking lever which wont be too hard! I might have a tool kit in the mag to keep basic's, hex keys, mini screwdriver.

I'm propbably going to harden the inside with hot glue inside.

I still need a remote coil and hopper elbow.

well, heres a look at it :

AssaultRiflePaintedasawhole.jpg

and I added alittle bit of battle damage to relate to the crappiness haha:

AssaultRiflePainted.jpg

thanks for any interest :)

I'm open to any suggestions and tips! :p

and @ODST 276: oh I've been paintballing :p Once I was walking off the field because the game was over and a little kid with his rental was playing with his gun and shot me in the neck haha hurt so much. ODST armor would be so kick ass paintballing but it would probably get ruined in the trauma and just intenese-ness of the whole game :p haha but I wish you the best of luck!

This is coming along pretty nicely.

I would suggest going with a three color paint job. The base gray for the middle parts, and then light gray and black/dark gray for others like shown here:

Halo%203%20Assult%20Rifle.jpg

Hope to see a vid of this in action soon :D

miscdude said:
This is coming along pretty nicely.

I would suggest going with a three color paint job. The base gray for the middle parts, and then light gray and black/dark gray for others like shown here:

Halo%203%20Assult%20Rifle.jpg

Hope to see a vid of this in action soon :D

sweet! I like the dark bottem because it will match the paintball gun black handle :p

ForRuneScape said:
I like how you make a rifle that can fire. But what are you going to do if the air gun? broke?

well the gun is easly taken out. I only unscrew the air adapter, slide it though the hole. Unscrew the barrel and out comes the whole gun from the top:p

The gun itself isnt some high end gun :pbut it does the job. it was a m16 model but I cut the carrying handle and took off the stock and foregrip and mag.

Good luck with your ar...if it brakes...make a spartan laser out of it.You can definitely make it fit.Everyone should fear you,but that would be annoying to have the gun up there for so long and the fact that you can't see all that good in the first place.hope it works.

MikyVengeance said:
and @ODST 276: oh I've been paintballing :p Once I was walking off the field because the game was over and a little kid with his rental was playing with his gun and shot me in the neck haha hurt so much. ODST armor would be so kick ass paintballing but it would probably get ruined in the trauma and just intenese-ness of the whole game :p haha but I wish you the best of luck!

That stinks to walk off the field and get shot...Well if it's cardboard armor,Yeh, with 3 or 4 layers it would would work.Even just one layer should work because it's against your body so the paintball won't go through or tear it a bit.PENDY24 made odst armor for himself out of cardbourd...I could use wood in between two layers.That should work.

** UPDATE **

I painted the bottem black. I painted abit too much at the end by the barrel. I shall fix that. I'm still debating to buy "winter gray" spraypaint for the top.

I need to fix the flashlight because it looks really crooked. :S

so far, Im pretty happy with it :)

ARPaintedBlackBottem.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back