Paintball Battlerifle Update :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiny Updates.

I did this long ago.

the scope is the size of what I found on various paintball websites.

I'm pretty pleased.

except I have TONS of sanding to do.

You cut up the glue sticks into one inch segments then melt them in a can over a camp stove outside. Then you can either try painting it on or pouring it on.

You say that it won't get hit probably, but I have to be sorta cynical on that. I'm an avid paintballer (although I haven't played in a long time, like everybody else in this tread :unsure ) and every time I play, I have to clean my gun due to the immense splatter that I get. I doesn't actually get hit often, but it still does. Whenever i play, out of myself getting shot five times, my gun gets shot probably once or twice. I've seen the video of the guy shooting the spartan helmet with paintballs (which he was shooting at only 250 fps, I think. I normally shoot 280-300 :eek ). They went clean through. I'm thinking that you are gonna need to reinforce it a LOT more. If you plan on playing woodsball with it, then it will have to be tough.

And if anybody was wondering, I use a Tippmann '98 Custom with A5 cyclone modification, Progressive barrel (still trying to talk my dad out of his flatline that he never uses ), and a personally modified double trigger.

CPTzumwalt said:
You cut up the glue sticks into one inch segments then melt them in a can over a camp stove outside. Then you can either try painting it on or pouring it on.

out of curiousity, why outside?

but it sounds like I should do that.

I need all the reinforcement I could use. what if I somehow added a thin mesh to the inside of the gun. It wouldnt be hard because its a simple shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven923 said:
You say that it won't get hit probably, but I have to be sorta cynical on that. I'm an avid paintballer (although I haven't played in a long time, like everybody else in this tread
unsure.gif
) and every time I play, I have to clean my gun due to the immense splatter that I get. I doesn't actually get hit often, but it still does. Whenever i play, out of myself getting shot five times, my gun gets shot probably once or twice. I've seen the video of the guy shooting the spartan helmet with paintballs (which he was shooting at only 250 fps, I think. I normally shoot 280-300
ohmy.gif
). They went clean through. I'm thinking that you are gonna need to reinforce it a LOT more. If you plan on playing woodsball with it, then it will have to be tough.

And if anybody was wondering, I use a Tippmann '98 Custom with A5 cyclone modification, Progressive barrel (still trying to talk my dad out of his flatline that he never uses
dry.gif
), and a personally modified double trigger.

haha I know it'll get hit for sure, my gun would get hit so much.

I think I will reinforce it as much as possible. and maybe do the same on a seperate test piece and shoot it and see what happens.

I plan on using it for a long time :pand I have to keep commited to a battlerifle because I cut off the sight/hand rail part.

I was going to get a cyclone feed on my gun but if its going to shoot burst fire, then I don't know lol

and how did you customize your trigger? haha sounds interesting :p

thanks for the advice :p

MikyVengeance said:
out of curiousity, why outside?

but it sounds like I should do that.

I need all the reinforcement I could use. what if I somehow added a thin mesh to the inside of the gun. It wouldnt be hard because its a simple shape.

You don't put the glue on the outside of the piece I meant like outside your house. When the glue melts it puts out a lot of fumes and you don't want to breathe in too much of it.

CPTzumwalt said:
You don't put the glue on the outside of the piece I meant like outside your house. When the glue melts it puts out a lot of fumes and you don't want to breathe in too much of it.

right right, got it :p

but I don't put hot glue on the outside of my gun? lol

CPTzumwalt said:
No it's not very pretty lol

haha agreed.

what about coating the inside of the gun in wire mesh and cover it with hot glue? lol

CPTzumwalt said:
That probably would give it more strength, if you ever get around to testing it out let me know how it works

Definatly!

thanks for the help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back