Papercraft and armour making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats whats nice about the screen saver, pick the file, and set the speed, and it will show you how it goes together fold, by fold

BTW, I just tried to unfold another model helmet, and pepakura unfolded everything into one line, on a single page. HMMM, Im gonna have to mess with this more
i think.

D-M, The problem is most likely that the helmet isn't uvwed or "Baked" as some people call it. Uvwing is anoyying process and can be hard for begginers. I am really good at uvwing, but uvwing always takes a lot of time. You might want to use Google to find tutorials on Uvwing or Baking. How to Uvw a model or How to Bake a Model should work. Try some variation.

For those that don't know what Uvwing or a Uvw is. Its pretty much what you guys are printing off your computer. A Uvw is the model that has been unwrapped so its 2d. The reason people or game designers do this is so that they can texture the model with details and diffrent kinds of maps. Bump maps, Normal maps, Diffuse maps, Illumination maps, Opacity maps... The works.

Anyways, im just babling now =p.

Hope it helps

-Doom

DM - The Join / Disjoin is the function that I think you want to use to seperate the pieces so that they don't print off as just one long 2d object. I'm not certain of that, but give it a shot.

ok, thanks.

I was trying to figure out what was up. The MC helmet worked fine. But I thought the clone trooper helmet issue might have been a scale thing. Just the helmet alone is over 9 megs. So I wasnt sure.

But Ill try that.

Thanks again

Well, if you were using the MC Helmet .pdo that JediFraz gave you it was probably already split because he split it up and then saved it for us. :)

Hmm, The helmet is 9 megs.

And 67K faces, I really need to reduce this bugger down, but Im running out of time here, I have to leave for work in a couple of hours.

pepkura, locks up bad when I tried to divide it up. As well as vizup reducer.
This may have to wait until two weeks from now to tinker with it again.

Darth-Malevelus said:
Thats whats nice about the screen saver, pick the file, and set the speed, and it will show you how it goes together fold, by fold

umm but i cant save my file thats the problem so it would just be using the old file thats not all cut up in a million pices to fit on letter paper like the one i made is, man whyd they make it where you cant save unless you buy pfffffffffffffffffffffffft o well. ill just leave it open untill im done with everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
JediFraz said:
Okies. It's been a loong weekend but I have more progress.

Helmet and backpack.

http://www.JediFraz.com/Images/ProjectSpar...met/Helmet.html

I was quite suprised by the smallness of the backpack comapred to the size of the helmet. That thing is huge. I'll need to make sure of the dimensions before I continue. Although it doesn't look that bad when comapred to the chest armour.

Suggestions, comments?

When I try to open this on a new tab, it says "Cannot find page". Did you move the site?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was 2 years ago. Yeah he may have moved the website.

Check your dates before posting mate ;)

Necro-posting is a no no here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back