PDummy's first peps and the start of a carter build. (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDummy

figured id post my work so far, been working on these for about 2 weeks now, i have a very limited amount of free time to work on this stuff so my progress is pretty slow. and sry for the poor pic quality, my camera is junk. any comments or pointers u might have would be great.

my first real pep, the hand plate by Ruze789
DSCN0919.jpg

after the hand plate i went for something a little harder, the reach knife by carpathiavh99 i believe, it turned out pretty well a little bit of distortion on the sheath but i think that can be fixed
DSCN0922.jpg

DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0920.jpg

and after the knife i was feeling pretty cocky and went for the money and started on the Carter helm by A1TD and unfolded by King Cobra. it turned out great i think, the only bad spot is the rim that goes around the neck of the helm and the center front detail but that can be easily fixed i think.
DSCN0914.jpg

DSCN0916.jpg

DSCN0915.jpg

DSCN0917.jpg

just started on the Reach shoulder and will post pics when it is done :)

That looks like it's coming along pretty sweet! I'll have to follow this. My friend said to me the other day "It must be impossible to make a Carter costume with all of the details put into it." I guess you'll have to prove him wrong! =D

lol yeah :)

finished the base shoulder piece today and started on a forearm. i think the shoulder might be a little small but i may be able to hide that with the shoulder attachments for the carter armor. ill post pics this weekend after i finish the forearm.

If you dont plan on redoing that forearm make the other one the same size. You dont want to walk around with different lengths on everything.

just an update from work over the weekend and the week so far.

the base shoulder that may be too small

DSCN0923.jpg

DSCN0924.jpg

the forearm

DSCN0926.jpg

DSCN0928.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

DSCN0925.jpg

the left shoulder

DSCN0929.jpg

and a few parts of my next pep, who can guess it?

DSCN0930.jpg

im a pretty tall guy, 6' 4" is kinda hard to scale for so any advice anyone my have would be appreciated.

im a pretty tall guy, 6' 4" is kinda hard to scale for so any advice anyone my have would be appreciated.

Im 6'5". The way i do it is i look at reference pictures and use a rule or tape measurer and scale it to by body directly. That way you can see where it will be sitting on yourself before you even print.

Looks like this is the thread for the tall armor builders like myself. I just started my first build also and had all kinds scaling problems with my first few pieces. The solution I used for my scaling problem was a bit elaborate but I took the height for my character Jorge 223.5 cm. Converted it over to millimeters. Then I surfed the Internet for the best pictures I could find and printed them to the same size and scale as the toy I purchased. Cross-referenced and averaged the measurements with a metric caliber .Then plugged the measurement differences into Excel and wrote a percentage differential increasing decreasing calculator .I just enter the length of my forearm or thigh that tells me how many millimeters piece should be in every direction. I’m only about 10% smaller than the life-size Gorge in height. I haven’t had a problem with any of the new pieces I’m working and they have fit perfectly. Keep in mind that some the models don’t scale in all directions evenly. For instance I found a great model of shins but when scaled to the correct height they were too wide and deep. I’ve been modifying them to fit correctly to scale. The biggest problem I have had now is getting all the pieces to fit on letter size paper. Trying make my life easy I had to go out and get an 11 x 17 printer so the larger pieces would fit better limiting the amount of pieces crossing over to different pages. I will be putting up my pictures soon . Hopefully that overly complicated explanation makes some form of sense.

What your doing looks great so far !

Just curious, which files you used for the forearm and shoulder. They look good!

I prolly should have put that in the post with the pics to acknowledge ppls work

the base shoulder is by rundown, unfolded by Brandon McClain (the bulk download at the top of the reach files thread)

the forearm is by Ruze789, and unfolded by BenStreeper

the Carter shoulder piece is by and unfolded by carpathiavh99

been some time since i posted but ive been busy :)

the Reach Pistol i hinted at earlier..
DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

and the Reach AR :)

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

and u can see in the background of one of he pics i have an even bigger gun in the works :)

Although mine never warped, I still had a hard time to stop it from warping during resining, thats all you have to worry about when trying to make that pistol as good as possible, best thing to do is work on it in sections. But it seems as if you will have a full pistol unlike my modular pistol.

Major props to you for peping those weapons! I've been very intimidated by the patterns and have yet to attempt one. Seeing yours gives me a little confidence boost. Keep up the good work it's coming along great.

Although mine never warped, I still had a hard time to stop it from warping during resining, thats all you have to worry about when trying to make that pistol as good as possible, best thing to do is work on it in sections. But it seems as if you will have a full pistol unlike my modular pistol.

well the slide, mag, and top sight attachment do come off, so after i fix the warping and i go to resin it ill be able to do it in parts.

also the next gun in almost done :) and its looking sick, might have pics of my progress tonight :)

Looks like you're doing a good job on the pep stage! Looking forward to see how you do on the hardening and also what color scheme you choose in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back