Penny Arcade Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger06

Anyone interested in going? I'm seriously considering it now. I've got enough time to do some serious improvements on my ODST uniform, and I think it just sounds like my kind of convention anyhow. :) I'm much more interested in video games over anime, so I figured it's time to actually go to a video game expo. And if the military actually gets around to paying me, I'll have the funds.

Hey, the Keynote speaker is Ron Gilbert, who worked on the old Lucasarts adventure game. That already has me excited. Lots of video game developers there. Seems like a fun interesting time.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in heading up/down there, leave a note here.

Guess I should see if I can buy a 405th shirt or something before then. ;) But enough browsing the internet, back to work. All chest pieces pepped...resin time tomorrow morn.

Edit: Oh yeah, and some small company called Bungie will be there (along with Rooster Teeth for you RvB fans), so I think that clinches it. I'm going.

Okay, swear I'm going back to work now. If Bungie's going to be there, I can't be showing half-baked ghetto ODST, now can I?

I'll certainly be there. Hoping to have my Scout armor done by then, but I've got a LOT of work to do.

Ah, it just struck my mind to think about checking this thread. Definitely have a lot to do, but it's possible! Just gotta keep at it.

I think there's a few other people planning to attend as well, but I'd have to dig around to find out who.

What days are you going? And if more than one, have a plan on when you'll be wearing your gear?

I'll be there for all three days. No plans as far as wearing gear aside from I'll definitely be suited up for the Bungie ODST panel. :)

I apologize if this is something of a technical necro-post, but I felt that the forum threads would be less confused if we talked about PAX '09 in retrospective here instead of creating an entirely new thread for the purpose. May a moderator correct me if my judgement has erred in this matter.

I enjoy PAX every year, but this year I enjoyed it on a whole new level. Having a good costume makes the whole thing more exciting, and I was glad that I got a chance to meet up with some of my fellow 405th mates there. We all got in contact with the guy who runs Halo Waypoint, and he organized a bit of a photo shoot. One of his photos is below, though the lighting was terrible from that angle:

009.jpg

From left to right is Trooper0621's sister as DARE, Hale in scout armor with a CQB shoulder, Trooper0621 as Mickey, and me.

Ah, it's an on-topic "necro" post, so it's no biggie. Anyways, PAX just ended so it's update time. :)

Lots of tweeted pictures from Bungie and Bungie employees. I know you've been on Jason Sussman's twitter a bunch. =P It was great to meet everyone also. Keep up the awesome work, and I eagerly look forward to next year for the games, the people, and to see what everyone makes.

Hell yeah. Heck, the original reason I got into doing Halo costuming is to impress the folks at Bungie. It feels really good when the creators of a work recognize the dedication and passion you put into re-creating it.

Some more pictures a friend of mine (who was cosplaying Cammy from Street Fighter on Satuday) dug up:

639774308_yfR8w-M.jpg

639774349_saCLn-M.jpg

639773857_AQaY4-M.jpg

I have far too many pictures.... it's insane. I'll post more eventually, but here a a couple for now... I must go sleep. Got a bit of that PAXfunk that is going around:

(If these do not resize for you, let me know. I will shrink them/post links instead)

PICT0748.jpg

Trooper and myself at the Prepare to Drop panel.

gnomeAI-1.jpg

We discovered a new AI!

405thStrong.jpg

The unofficial 405th meetup... we were stuck there forever!

3ODSTand2Spartans.jpg

Completed the ensemble with a Master Chief. He said he was sporting Nightmare gear.

ODST-Jig.gif

If we can can-can, you can-can too.

Also, we all made it onto Hawty Mcbloggy!

I should have known there was something going on when she asked for an "inappropriate photo".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back