Pepakura FINISHED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dremel Rotary tool...
275-02.jpg

Macattack64 said:
Dremel Rotary tool...
275-02.jpg

I didnt have a dremel for this, I would have but it DIED when i went to turn it on. I almost cried. Instead i went out in the driveway and repeatedly smashed the broken dremel against the sidewalk to ease my anger. Fortunately I bought a new one today

FuncootForever said:
Looks like a horrible Saw version of a nose cleaner.

Also what version of halo is this guys helmet from?
Its the Halo 2 version. BTW it doesn't work well as a nose cleaner. Dont try it. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to make mine look like that... Where it's layered up... Is that just a bunch of bondo?

Macattack64 said:
I would love to make mine look like that... Where it's layered up... Is that just a bunch of bondo?

Theres one layer of Plastic and then the seams are smoothed out between the pieces of plastic with bondo. The front part is Bondo only with no plastic, the top, sides and back are where i used the plastic. Ill draw out what i mean on some reference shots in a bit.

Darthcalibar said:
Theres one layer of Plastic and then the seams are smoothed out between the pieces of plastic. The front part is only bondo, the top the sides and the back are where i used the plastic. Ill draw out what i mean on some reference shots in a bit.

What kind of plastic?

If you need to buy a dremel, make sure it's electric, electric dremels are good because...well duh, they can just be plugged in, most dremels you find will need a air compressor which is bulky and not needed for this project.

Darthcalibar said:
Just a for sale sign. Im not sure what the exact thickness or type of plastic it is.
Oh one of those... :p... like one you can put on a car or post on a light post? :p

those are 99 cents a peice, it does seem clever to use those, but it will cost around 100 dollars + just for the plastic, i'm sure if you found out what plastic it was, you could buy in mass, sheets of it alot cheaper.

AoBfrost said:
those are 99 cents a peice, it does seem clever to use those, but it will cost around 100 dollars + just for the plastic, i'm sure if you found out what plastic it was, you could buy in mass, sheets of it alot cheaper.

for_sale_sign.jpg

I used one just like this. Its only like 3 dollars a sign. So all together it was like 10 dollars for materials. Im not quite sure what your talking about when you say 100 + dollars. Maybe your thinking of something else

Friendly said:
No way that's pepakura. You should make molds of it. That's a professional-looking job!

I thought about attempting to make molds but i really just have no experience in mold making. I do have some silicone and casting resin i bought last year in my room but theres just not very much of it. Who knows though, I might play around with the idea or maybe even sculpt a helmet out of clay.

Small update today, got all the green on and as soon as its dry ill start with the black parts and then on to damage!

When I continue to add details to my armor... I'll probably try that... Or I'll use thin cardboard...

I just looked at your picture... Your helmet didn't involve any cutting into the helmet did it? It doesn't seem like it...

Macattack64 said:
When I continue to add details to my armor... I'll probably try that... Or I'll use thin cardboard...

I just looked at your picture... Your helmet didn't involve any cutting into the helmet did it? It doesn't seem like it...

I only had to cut a couple places. The biggest cutting i had to do was to make the recessed part on the side. (Red in the picture) After i cut it out i just glued a piece of plastic over the hole from the inside of the helmet.
cuttingexample.jpg

Also the little triangle part that sticks out were the visor is, I cut that off completely and just replaced it with plastic cause it was kind of sticking inwards and was in the way of the visor a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back