pepakura JFO helm WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@road kill
thanks, i still have some smoothing to work out on the top half, i would have done it today if my hand hadn't started cramping up, and i need a finer grit sandpaper.

james.

made some more progress today, i don't have any pics because i was mostly just working with spot putty filling in some holes. i should have some more noticable work done tomorrow.

James.

The JFO actually looks nice and simple, so its a great model and unfold, and it might be easier than any other reach helmet on here. I was actually gonna make almost every helmet after i finish the suit.
Thanks~! happy to get nice comments :3

Man, this is coming along and stop teasing us. More! Pictures! Lol:)

haha, wait no more, here are pictiures.

100_6904.jpg

100_6913.jpg

100_6905.jpg

100_6906.jpg

this last pic show the "ear" part of the helmet that needs to fixed, it is bent in too far.
100_6910.jpg

i didn't get anything done today unfortunately, got called into a double shift at work.

Nice job! It looks really good! Keep on doing what you do. Also, did you ever figure out what you were going to do about the Face Shield?

This looks promising:

http://www.amazon.com/Echo-Snap-Shield-Silver-Mirror/dp/B003Y8IVK6

The only reason I'm suggesting it is because I messed around with one like this at a local motorcycle shop and it flexed real nice (Long too) and the mirror tint could be etched. the one at the motorcycle shop had less of a curve from top to bottom. Also, it had a similar shape to the JFO visor.

@blackula
thank you, thank you, thank you, i have been looking for a visor like that since i started this build. i originally planned to vac form the visor, but i might get this till i have the time to build the vac forming machine, plus my parents don't really like the idea of heating plastic in the oven.lol.

@blackula
thank you, thank you, thank you, i have been looking for a visor like that since i started this build. i originally planned to vac form the visor, but i might get this till i have the time to build the vac forming machine, plus my parents don't really like the idea of heating plastic in the oven.lol.

No problem, I really like your build and hope it turns out as epic as I know it can be. Also, keep in mind that the one I messed around with is not the same brand as the one on amazon. I suggest you look around a local motorcycle shop and see if they have one, so you can see if it will work for you. If not, I can get you the contact info from the motorcycle shop in my area. I'm sure they can ship stuff. Good luck on the build.

thanks, i hope to get some more done on it tomorrow if the weather holds out. i hope to have this at least ready for paint by my birthday on april 9, i am a good amount further along than i thought i would be at this time. thanks for all the great comments.

James.

i didnt get much done on the jfo today as i was helping my dad move his office to another room. all i had time to do was get a coat of primer on it. i have pics but i will post them in the morning when my camera is charged.

James.

It looks really good buddy. Can't wait to see it finished. Use some spot putty to further smooth, but other than that, its really awesome!

thanks, i actually plan on using some of the dents as battle damage, i probably wont be able to work on it again till next week, i also plan to start a foam build in the very near future

James.

sorry i haven't posted in a couple weeks, it has been to windy and raining to much, and i am just posting now to let everyone know i'm still working on it. i haven't got my magic sculpt, had to cancel the order to help pay for a new transmission. As of right now all that needs to be done on the helm is to carve details, fix the "ear" parts, install a visor, and paint. also my deadline has changed to the end of april. should be some more progress soon.

james.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back