pepakura JFO helm WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, good luck noble 1. I definitely understand that your priorities come first. With that said, I can't wait to see the progress when you can get to it. Again, Good luck buddy!

Nice, ive actually started a gungnir, but i wont has pics for a while "a WHILE" cuz im lazy and my hands hurt from using so many powatools,

thanks for all the comments, just letting everyone know this is still my main project, i havent been able to work on it because of school but i should be done with school in about a week and a half then there should be a steady flow of updates. keep building

james.

sorry for not posting any updates lately it has been a 95+ degrees outside for the past month which is just too hot to sit outside and sand, plus i haven't had any extra money as of late to spend on this. its an exspensive hobby.

james

This is the same file I have (And have today printed off), and although I have not started to make it yet, there seems to be a big problem regarding the curvature of the semicircular areas around the ear areas. The 3D model shows them curving inward at an angle of about 10°, and so have some 3-4 mm wide gaps where trianglular sections are cut out.

The problem is that the actual iunfolded model neither has cutouts, nor tabs, so there seems to be no way of curving it. How did you manage with this, because the outer ear part at least seems to be angled correctly? Thanks if you're able to help!

It's relatively easy to get, playing for about a month would easily be enough to get it.

I like it, not sure why though.

@shadow of intent
The ear parts I just built them like normal and am using bondo to adjust it to the way it should look. Both sides of mine kinda bent inward after the pepping was done.

@toacrabman
Thanks for the compliment on the grenade. I wish I had a few more of them

@nintendude
The jfo simply just looks good, its simple and clean looking, not too many sharp edges.

What is so special about the JFO Helmet? I don't get it, is it really hard to unlock in the game?

It does look a bit plain to start with, but it has a pretty nice set of details on the visor, so it'll look better in later stages. Also, compared with some of the ODST helmet files I've seen, this seems to be a fairly low resolution file, so it's missing interesting details like air intakes and grooves . In Reach, It's a medium-ish level unlock, and not many people use it, so I'm making it partially for originality!

@shadow of intent
The ear parts I just built them like normal and am using bondo to adjust it to the way it should look. Both sides of mine kinda bent inward after the pepping was done.

I understand now... I've come across quite a few pep files that just leave some edges un-tabbed. One side came out fine, buit the other was slightly warped due to attaching the tabs a bit wonkily XD. Nothing that cant be fixed with bracing struts and bondo (Whenever I finally get round to doing that!).

hey guys it has been about 4 months since i last posted, so much has happened in the last 4 months, so much so that i have made absolutely zero progress on this. i haven't even been in the country for the past 2 months cause my family went on a tour of europe. anyway i hope to get started on this again after new years. just wanted to let u guys know whats going on and why i havent been around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back