Pepakura/Model Requests: Second Edition

Would anyone be willing to either unfold the Halo 5 Helljumper (or Edward Buck armor) from the Armory for foam use, or know if the files in the Armory can be used on a 3d printer as-is? I'd love to build my armor myself, but if I can use the .obj files with a printer then that might be easier (plus, courtesy of the kindness of my sister, I actually have some limited access to a printer). My Mac is malfunctioning right now, so even if I had the programs needed to manipulate a pep file (and the knowledge of how to work with pep files) I don't know if it would behave long enough for me to unfold the pieces.

Would anyone be willing to either unfold the Halo 5 Helljumper (or Edward Buck armor) from the Armory for foam use, or know if the files in the Armory can be used on a 3d printer as-is? I'd love to build my armor myself, but if I can use the .obj files with a printer then that might be easier (plus, courtesy of the kindness of my sister, I actually have some limited access to a printer). My Mac is malfunctioning right now, so even if I had the programs needed to manipulate a pep file (and the knowledge of how to work with pep files) I don't know if it would behave long enough for me to unfold the pieces.

If it helps, I already did his 3D printable helmet from a pepakura file a while back. - Halo 5 - Mjolnir - Gen2 - Helljumper - Buck - Helmet by moesizzlac.

If it helps, I already did his 3D printable helmet from a pepakura file a while back. - Halo 5 - Mjolnir - Gen2 - Helljumper - Buck - Helmet by moesizzlac.
That helps a lot! The helmet is the most intimidating part of the armor for me, followed closely by the chest piece, so if I can get my sister to help me 3d print it that would make me a very happy man. Still leaves the rest of the armor, though; I tried a little freehand yesterday and successfully wasted half a sheet of puzzle mat, so I don't really want to try that again

Just want to make sure... Are you ok with me putting the file in a future build thread? Ill say you made it, but then it would be easier to find and I plan on asking Crimmson if I can put a modified version of his D1 model their as well.

Just want to make sure... Are you ok with me putting the file in a future build thread? Ill say you made it, but then it would be easier to find and I plan on asking Crimmson if I can put a modified version of his D1 model their as well.

It's no big deal. I put the stl on thingiverse so that others can find it easily as well. Destiny Skullfort Helmet - With and without holes. by moesizzlac.

Now will you stop posting and concentrate on your math midterms already?

Last edited:

Any thing I upload here I always state use it as you see fit. Credit is not needed with me, but thank you if you do. It wasn't mine to begin with I just prepped it for pepakura. Hope it it helps you and good luck with all your builds

Circumference roughly 37"
Roughly 6" wide ear-to-ear
Roughly 10" tall crown-to-chin
Roughly 10" long nosetip-to-back

I just downloaded the model from thingiverse into Blender and scaling to about 7.396 (about 739.6%) will get you to a fit that looks like the below give or take:

Untitled.jpg

That is based on your dimensions of a 10 x 6 x 10 head not including the neck of course.

The overall helmet would be about 276.783mm x 306.457mm x 273.952mm (10.89" x 12.06" x 10.78")

I just downloaded the model from thingiverse into Blender and scaling to about 7.396 (about 739.6%) will get you to a fit that looks like the below give or take:

View attachment 260474

That is based on your dimensions of a 10 x 6 x 10 head not including the neck of course.

The overall helmet would be about 276.783mm x 306.457mm x 273.952mm (10.89" x 12.06" x 10.78")
Thanks! Is that something I can set in printer settings before starting the print?

Also, does anyone know of any unfolded Buck armor files around anywhere that I could use to pattern for foam for the rest of the armor? I don't have access to any pep programs

Thanks! Is that something I can set in printer settings before starting the print?

It's a step in your slicer program before exporting gcode to your printer. Unless you have a large format machine (400mm x 400mm bed) you'll likely need to split the file up into multiple more manageable pieces before considering printing.

I'm looking for a .stl (or other 3D file type) file for some Halo Mk. IV Spartan Armor (or any) gloves so I can 3D print them.

I'm mostly looking for the finger joint thingys that look like the picture linked in my post that I can hot glue onto some gloves so my hands don't look bare.

If it helps, I have U.S. Large sized hands

Many thanks!

halo4handshapeways-kingrahl.jpg

I'm looking for a .stl (or other 3D file type) file for some Halo Mk. IV Spartan Armor (or any) gloves so I can 3D print them.

I'm mostly looking for the finger joint thingys that look like the picture linked in my post that I can hot glue onto some gloves so my hands don't look bare.

If it helps, I have U.S. Large sized hands

Many thanks!

View attachment 261535

I can't remember where I got this from but here are the Left and right gloves that look similar to your picture. They are .obj files which are easy enough to convert to stl's using blender if you need.

I'm not sure on the size either but again, that is something that can be easily fixed in whatever 3D program you are using.

I either got it from Thingiverse, CarterBuilder12, the armory. If someone recognizes them, please correct me where they are from. I'd like to give credit to those who did the work.

Attachments

• Halo Hands Across America.zip
    20.2 MB · Views: 331
Anyone got EVA foam friendly Pepakura model(s) for chief (Halo 4) on the part that loops under the stomach to the pelvis, and the butt plate?

Photo references added here:

Anyone got EVA foam friendly Pepakura model(s) for chief (Halo 4) on the part that loops under the stomach to the pelvis, and the butt plate?

After a bit more digging, I found the files I needed. I'm posting them here just in case anyone else needs them.

Attachments

• Master Chief COD & Waist - Halo 4.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 358
This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back