Percy's Mark V [B] Armor Build!

PercyVR

Introduction:
I've wanted to make Halo Reach armor for about 11 years now, but never had to resources or time to make it. Decided this year was gonna be the year I made my own!
I'm not new to 3D Printing, but I AM new to making wearable armor pieces, foam pieces and pretty much anything else besides helmets.

Here's what my armor will look like:
Untitled-1.png
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-3.png
Untitled-4.png
Untitled-5.png

Closeups:
Untitled-6.png
Untitled-7.png
Untitled-8.png

AR:

I'm hoping to achieve these results:
- 1 to 1 scale, like it was ripped from the game
- Have functional pouches
- Be able to easily move in the armor and sit down comfortably
- Have electronics inside the helmet and on the armor
- be as incredibly detailed as I can be (I'm a perfectionist)

What I have done so far:
- I have printed the UA Plate:

- I have printed the 2 ODST Shoulder pieces:

-Started working on redoing the Nerf MA40 AR:

What's Next?
- I am currently in the middle of making the abdomen/torso piece out of 6mm SKS Foam but still have quite a bit to go. I will be using a pleather material to wrap each individual piece in that will be on my torso area. I will actually be using this method for ALL of the soft parts of the Mark V B.
- In the middle of using Armorsmith to size each armor piece correctly and scale them properly and proportionately to my body
- Running out of filament and currently indecisive about which brand of filament to use that doesn't give me warped lines or layer shifts!
- I'll be updating this thread whenever I have completed each step for each piece of armor! Excited to see how this goes!

I will be using a pleather material to wrap each individual piece in that will be on my torso area. I will actually be using this method for ALL of the soft parts of the Mark V B.
Let me know how you do the knee and elbow sections! I've been trying for a while to get them to look nice but the pleather I'm using is just too stiff. Looking forward to seeing your build!

Let me know how you do the knee and elbow sections! I've been trying for a while to get them to look nice but the pleather I'm using is just too stiff. Looking forward to seeing your build!
Will do! I'll probably be going the route of TPU and printing the joints in that

dude the weathering makes a world of difference! Really brought it to the next level!

I’ve been watching your progress on this over on IG and it’s been cool to see your process for the AR. The weathering is very well done and makes me want to get going on my own prop!

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back