Phoenix Team Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need serious reinforcement. Foamies are flimsey. I was thinking of using Aqua Resin, but I'm going to try regular fiberglass resin on my mess-up pieces first, since we already have some.

Hey last night was a lot of fun. It was great to meet you guys. I updated my WIP like I said so you guys can check out where I am so far.
Good luck Roxy and I hope you have a respirator. I would probably do super thin coats first just so it doesn't eat straight through. I have heard it can eat through styrofoam cups. Oh and I posted some tips on my work in progress thread from my first time fiberglassing too. Maybe it will help. Lol

Yeah. Now you can hang out with a bunch of con nerds and be nerdy with us. lol!
I'm used to trial and err. D:

I know Ithica did a test of resin on foamies and it worked great it didn't eat through the foamy I guess it is made different that other foam. Thought I would let you know

Well this group sure has become quite popular.Last night we had 6 of the 9 active members of phoenix team show up. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty excited. I'm just so glad there's so many of us, now there should never be a lack of inspiration.

Rox, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I have for our roster so far:

*Grail - Spartan [anicken]
*Rick - Spartan [TheRick46]
*Jesus - ODST / Spartan [Kirrou]
*Rusty - ODST (Medic) [Rosh]
*Roxy - Spartan [Roxyroo]
*Kelly - AI (Cortana) [CrimsonValkyrie]
*Taylor - AI (Aether) [Aether]
*Keith - Spartan [cloudsshroud]
*Rhinoc - Pep consultant ;)

Also up for debate are;

*Joe - ODST [not on the Forum yet]

If I missed anyone/ anything, please let me know.

@Roxyroo - If you want, I can bring over my respirator and fiberglass stuff tomorrow.

oh cool. I sure hope so. I guess I'll find out

@cloudsshroud: Yeah, I think that's everyone. :)
Sure! I wanna see if it works!

Sorry for the lack of posts. My work schedule is 7 days on schedule 7 days off. I'm going to try and make it down to phoenix to work on my pieces during my 7 days off every now and again. I could definitely use the time around friends. It's lonely up in flagstaff without you guys.

With the paycheck after next I should be getting my own knife and whatnot so I can bring my progress back to the valley on the days that I can't be down here.

Good to meet you Jesus (Kirrou).

as a matter of fact, i have resined over foamies on kirrou's odst shoulder. no ill effects, as a matter of fact it just put a coating over it like it does with paper. im off to the garage to get my rondo on! next time we meet up i'll bring over all my pieces in their various stages of completion.

*whew!* that's a relief
Cool, I can't wait to see. ^^
I'm debating whether I should work on my chest piece or my boot next. >.> I just found the perfect base for my shoes, but I also have my duct tape dummy ready. Decisions, decisions....

That makes 3 votes for chest. You, Rosh and Cloudsshroud all want me to do the chest piece next. >.>

Hey members of Phoenix team! Come over and work on stuff I miss you guys! ToT

Nothing to contribute, really, but I love how you all found each other in the same area, got together, and decided to build armor. Every major metropolitan area needs a group like this.

I'm up north at work until wednesday morning- I should be able to make an appearance on weds or thurs. I need to get more productive, I only hardened my pieces this week. I need to make a cod and biceps.

Next Video is up:

Cool. I'm free both days. CrimsonValkyrie will be here on Thursday. Cloudsshroud might be as well. Text me before you head over. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. So Roxy I will see you tomorrow afternoon then. I'll text you before I head over there. And it looks like I will be free Thursday too so maybe we can have a big team meet up then.

Oh and I agree with everyone do the chest!

Thursday sounds like a plan to me- good thing too, I remembered I have some sort of something I'm supposed to do with the wife on weds. Thursday afternoon will be perfect.

So I just found some amazing stuff online called "sugru". It's a soft silicone rubber that you can mold and let cure and adhere into a shape that makes a durable surface that can be gripped easily. I'm gonna order a pack and test it out! If it goes well, I'm gonna make it a standard for sculpting the grips and impact areas on weapons and high tension areas in our armor. The link to their website is below:

http://sugru.com/

Good find Clouds! :D

So I'll be back in the valley tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to get some work done this week. I might be able to cheat and steal one of your smaller knives Rox and just get blades for it, assuming you don't need it for anything else. Then I can get a few cuts done each morning after work and before work on the days I wake up early enough. That way I don't feel so damned lazy considering how far it is into the project and I have to redo everything... still.

We should do another meet-up for Canadian while I'm in town, if he's still checking this thread actively. If not, then it's time enough for me to get some MOAR work done. Starting on the bicep. Afterwards I'll remake my shoulders, which should be pretty quick work. Starting on the bicep first so I know what scale factor to use for the rest of the armor because AGAIN - shoulders don't represent it very well. I may keep one of my shoulders that I made... I like it. My first piece. For the intrinsic value of it. And it's apparently funny to wear on your head because you look somewhat like an elephant (people REALLY need to stop doing that, it's annoying). The only thing I need to do to it is create a support and increase the angle its folded at when I resin it. It'll just be large, like it should be. >:D

Work-plan (because I've had a lot of time to lay it out in my head)
Biceps
Shoulder(s)
Forearms/addons (hopefully done by Kirrou by the time I get to it! Thank you again!)
Chest
Shins
Thighs
Not oversized Cod piece ('cause I don't need to compensate for anything... my gun will be big enough. XD)
Helmet (after I've had plenty of experience)

I'll work on the hand-plate when I don't have a lot of time on my hands, IE, work weeks. Same with the boot cover, but I need to get another pair of boots for this, so I'll have to scale it around my extra-wide feet once I have some extra cash laying around. ><"

There, I updated. I feel better. <3 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back