1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Pipninja's custom warrior build.

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by pipninja, Jan 19, 2017.

1. pipninja

pipninja

Its been awhile since I have been active, but with the new year I came across some opportunity. With it being my last semester of senior year, I have had a lot more free time. However, the most important art is I now have the material to start building again.
    foam.jpg
    Not only do I have material but I also finally have access to a laser cutter. Its modest but it will work.
    laser.jpg

I got all the patterns ready for the laser late last night just so I was able to cut them out today. its a nice feeling having some progress
    Helm patterns.png

vivalablake89 likes this.
  2. pipninja

pipninja

I got the prices all cut and packed up to go home. Thanks to Spacemeat for the awesome laser cutting and foam armor tutorials. WP_20170119_006.jpg WP_20170119_005.jpg

ArmoredAmir likes this.
  3. ArmoredAmir

ArmoredAmir

Looking forward for more progress on this build! Good luck man

4. pipninja

pipninja

Thanks for the support!

Started the helmet last night and worked on it a little today. Progress is a little slow just trying to get my bearings back with armor making. The helmet is about a third done and I will keep progress moving WP_20170120_002.jpg WP_20170120_003.jpg WP_20170120_004.jpg

PaiganBoi likes this.
  5. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

I need a laser cutter...

Following!

6. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Excited to see the finished result. Keep it up.

7. pipninja

pipninja

Update! last week was kinda hectic but this weekend turned around, I was able to put in the work and I am almost done with the helm! WP_20170130_002.jpg WP_20170130_003.jpg

vivalablake89 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  8. TheBlueDragon25

TheBlueDragon25 New Member

Looks awsome pipninja the way you cut is something haven't seen used before in this forum

9. pipninja

pipninja

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I did a bit of work on my weapon. I decided instead of repainting a new design, to do a black wash and dirt wash on my magnum, while I was at it I removed the mechanic that prevented dry firing.

SierraJeep likes this.
  10. pipninja

pipninja

Been kinda put down with all the drama going on lately, but I'm ready to look past that now. look forward to some new progress soon! :D

11. pipninja

pipninja

image.jpeg It's always the small pieces that take the longest. Progress is slow, but it's forward

PaiganBoi and mblackwell1002 like this.
  12. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

But its those darn small pieces that makes the best of helmets.........It could never have enough details.....Great job so far.

13. pipninja

pipninja

Finally finished the main build of the helm!
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

I was also able to create the helmet liner to rest on my head properly.
    image.jpeg

Now for the detail! More to come soon

14. pipninja

pipninja

First set of detail is in
    image.jpeg

15. pipninja

pipninja

Been super busy this weekend! the first thing I did was add the rest of the detail to my helmet WP_20170220_001.jpg
    Next I uses entirely too much spackle to fill my gaps. I had some very rough gaps that opened up as the helmet bent so I tried to fill them as much as possible.
    WP_20170220_003.jpg

When I first started spackling the first layer wasn't smooth so I had to go over it again with the softer stuff. Next up is to get the chest ready for laser printing, also I plan to sand and plastidip the helmet. I am still undecided on the paint colors yet though.

16. ArmoredAmir

ArmoredAmir

The helmet looks awesome dude! Wish I was good with foam helmets :(

17. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

That helm looks sick! I'm green with envy. I want a laser cutter. :(

18. pipninja

pipninja

My original plan was to do a warrior and noble set up, but I am uncertain about the chest piece. I am almost done with the sanding of the helmet, It is being really finicky so I am going to work with a dremel to Finnish it up. Updates soon :D

19. pipninja

pipninja

After looking through waypoint, I am going to do Anubis armor
    Untitled.png

20. pipninja

pipninja

Been awhile but I got the first coat of plastidip on WP_20170307_003.jpg

SI3RRA 117 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  21. pipninja

pipninja

So a bit of update on plan. my planned armor set is warrior helmet; anubis chest, cod, and arms; and noble legs.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  22. mike bike

mike bike

so far so good. Jealous of your laser cutter lol

23. pipninja

pipninja

I got lucky with the laser cuter, I was able to use the one at my school

24. Artifice

Artifice RXO 405th Regiment Officer

Grate work on the helmet so far !!

25. pipninja

pipninja

I finally got my visor in! It looks so awesome! I am taking my time on this build, but its turning out great! I am planning to finish the plastidip soon, also I am going to try and get my other files ready for the laser. WP_20170313_006.jpg WP_20170313_007.jpg

Voren Marr and SI3RRA 117 like this.