Planet Comic Con Kansas City: Booth Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. We’re getting some KC ppl together this weekend to work on our suits together and get to know each other better. Spartan299 is going to help me get my templates printed from armorsmith since I can’t get it to run on my computer. Y’all are welcome in KC anytime!
I mean I'm just out in Ozark homie, I had to drive three hours to go to your guys micro center after I broke my screen the day after I moved.

Saw a mention of Trading Cards and just wanted to drop a reminder that the 405th Does do Trading Cards, but, they are pretty much the only item or piece of merchandise that is locked down to Deployed Members only. So, if you are a Deployed Member, be sure to check out the Deployment Trading Card thread here:

So, if you've been deployed, but never reached out about getting the assets made so you can print up your cards, I would recommend making a post in that thread. I believe everyone who has Deployed up to mid 2021 should have been contacted about their cards, but, folks might have been missed and if you've been deployed since 2021 you might not have been contacted yet, so just post a friendly bump their.

Looking at props that aren’t usually common to make for the booth, like biofoam containers and the activation index. Working on the rug at the moment

So I know there’s a lot of time before planet, but Emp Frosty and I came up with an idea for handing out brochures and stuff. We were thinking if available we could get some vanilla folders and place individual brochures, pictures whatever and use a stamp that says “Classified” and maybe add the ONI insignia or 405th insignia. It would take some extra work, but we can definitely plan something if we want to try this! Yea it’s gonna be a lot of folders and work, but we’re still brainstorming!

So I know there’s a lot of time before planet, but Emp Frosty and I came up with an idea for handing out brochures and stuff. We were thinking if available we could get some vanilla folders and place individual brochures, pictures whatever and use a stamp that says “Classified” and maybe add the ONI insignia or 405th insignia. It would take some extra work, but we can definitely plan something if we want to try this! Yea it’s gonna be a lot of folders and work, but we’re still brainstorming!
I'm sorry I don't know what these "vanilla folders" are, I hope they taste good. But yeah a simple red or black stamp that says classified or top secret on a catalogue envelope or manila file folder would be enough and it would make it easier to carry all the different hand outs without the person losing them or crumpling them into a bag and forgetting them. Just a small quality improvement that could be made.

March 17-19 according to the website, but as far as I know tickets aren't up for sale, so don't know if price will change or by how much.
Will be doing a booth again or is that something we will find out later?

Hello, fellow friends! Thanks to Spartan299 , I have been informed we have a amazing opportunity to get one of the first 405th Midwest booths out there at this very convention! We had an amazing show out this last month and it garnered the attention of some on-site staff. So I would like to do a couple things here.

Firstly, I want to make sure we are all aware that any outside discussion or planning must and will always find its way back to the forum and this thread in particular going forward. If we can take headcount of members who had participated here Firstly, and state your interest of participation please let me know. Non-attendees are of course welcome as well.

Second, what would we be looking to do to provide the best 405th experience for the con? I have basic items from back drops, the 405th flag, table banner, standing promotion, to even some basic computer equipment to make a pseudo "recruitment terminal" for interested parties. Drop your ideas and let's discuss them here.

Lastly, if we can confirm this opportunity we would need to dedicate shifts to members as well as tightly organize photographers and photoshoot times to ensure the success of our presence while also not limiting members from enjoying the con as a whole! This will be pending; but i will get a excel going of timeslots for the station an positions for members willing to dedicate and run them.

With all that being said, I am honored and excited to have such an amazing opportunity out of our appearance and can not wait for even more chances down the road (I'm crossing my fingers for you, C2E2 2023).
I think this would be a great idea. Maybe at the booth have some people who aren’t quite done with their builds, working in their builds. So that people can see what goes into all the hard work we do. And maybe like a 3D printer or two going and some spare prints, to show how the process of printing parts. Just some ideas. And I can contribute to the 3D print idea for sure.

NobleofDeath16 are there any updates as to status of getting a booth and/or designs for said booth?
Yes! I have a small update. Got the back drop up today and brought some odds and ends together to try and mock a set up and realized a couple things;

1. ) This backdrop is huge. A lot bigger than I remembered sorta huge. Itll be amazing for our booth but itll take some planning around for sure of how we set up photo area for it.
2.) I don't have sufficient tables for the mock, (Table runner specifically is 2x4 so it needs a specific size.) so im gonna snag some on the low through FB Marketplace and maybe some other odds and ends.
3. ) Lighting may be something to consider too like standing lamps and such. But that'll be easier for me to evaluate once I properly mock the booth.

291066877_567924501373913_8225435744902452526_n.jpg

I used the following backdrop frame for the backdrop, and this is one of TWO we have from Outpost and is my personal favorite.
Screenshot (344).png

Im also thinking of snagging a second standing banner and getting a duplicate of the graphic on it so we have one for both sides of the booth. Thoughts?

Yes! I have a small update. Got the back drop up today and brought some odds and ends together to try and mock a set up and realized a couple things;

1. ) This backdrop is huge. A lot bigger than I remembered sorta huge. Itll be amazing for our booth but itll take some planning around for sure of how we set up photo area for it.
2.) I don't have sufficient tables for the mock, (Table runner specifically is 2x4 so it needs a specific size.) so im gonna snag some on the low through FB Marketplace and maybe some other odds and ends.
3. ) Lighting may be something to consider too like standing lamps and such. But that'll be easier for me to evaluate once I properly mock the booth.

View attachment 320595

I used the following backdrop frame for the backdrop, and this is one of TWO we have from Outpost and is my personal favorite.
View attachment 320594

Im also thinking of snagging a second standing banner and getting a duplicate of the graphic on it so we have one for both sides of the booth. Thoughts?
Love the backdrop!

Im currently working on building one of these so that'll be a prop that can take up room. And what if instead of a banner that's the same on both sides we got a banner made that had the 405th logo in the middle and then all the regiments logo scattered around it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-154607.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-154607.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 113
Looks good NobleofDeath16! Hopefully we'll be able to confirm if we've definitely snagged a booth area and how much space we'd have. I've got all of the supplies to make 2 turtle racks for my setup and might steal some of Benton's changes when I start construction after C2E2. They're already designed to flatpack to travel if we want them. I also have a concept to build out a tabletop recruitment kiosk if so desired.

Trying to hold off on starting any projects specifically around this until we know more and have a concrete design of what will/won't be included.

Last edited:
Looks good NobleofDeath16! Hopefully we'll be able to confirm if we've definitely snagged a booth area and how much space we'd have. I've got all of the supplies to make 2 turtle racks for my setup and might steal some of Benton's changes when I start construction after C2E2. They're already designed to flatpack to travel if we want them. I also have a concept to build out a tabletop recruitment kiosk if so desired.

Trying to hold off on starting any projects specifically around this until we know more and have a concrete design of what will/won't be included.
I'm down to start working on things for a booth regardless if we have this one soldiered or not. Since we can have it as a portfolio piece for applying for booth spaces

I'll need to pester Benton to get plan details for those racks as I have someone who could make them before Chicago so I can pick them up on my way back home too.

I'm down to start working on things for a booth regardless if we have this one soldiered or not. Since we can have it as a portfolio piece for applying for booth spaces

I'll need to pester Benton to get plan details for those racks as I have someone who could make them before Chicago so I can pick them up on my way back home too.
If im not mistaken Emp Frosty you did a really nice rough mock, would you wanna sketch one up again using the dimensions of that backdrop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back