planning to start making

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbobdunn

I am planning to start on a pepakura suit. i am wondering what i should start on i will have a good amount of time because my school will be out in about 20 days. I am also wondering if regular pepakura printed on copy paper could be fiberglassed (my printer does not like card stock it jams). Any tips on scaling would be nice although i will not be starting for a while. But once i get some solid stuff i will post pics and maybe a movie

Thanks for the help

You CAN fiberglass on printer paper, but it is not recommended.
The paper model will warp a lot, and you would need to reinforce it a lot more than cardstock.
Try to see if you could print it on a friends printer, or have it printed at like a library or something like that. Kinkos possibly?

Hate to come across like a jerk, but sometimes it's unavoidable...

Read the stickies, use the search, and just familiarize yourself with the forum. Most (if not all) of your questions will be answered. Also, please don't post "coming soon" threads, or start a topic with no picture. It's kind of frowned upon.

That being said, good luck.

Welcome to the 405th.

If you've got the time, start on a few low-def models, found in the Wiki, then move on up to the high-def models. FOr scaling, start with trying to scale Robogenesis' files, they're the easiest IMO. Don't use printer paper, just get cardstock. Most all printers can take cardstock, try just inserting one or two sheets at once.

I don't know much about undersuits other than there are several topics in the Undersuit forum about them and so look awsome. Good luck and have fun. :D

I'm curious about everyone who has replied so far. You all say welcome but the OP has been around the forums longer than any of us on this thread. o_O

Anyway, like what Nicktendo has said, read all the stickies in the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor section. All of your questions have already been answered several times over.

Ral Partha said:
I'm curious about everyone who has replied so far. You all say welcome but the OP has been around the forums longer than any of us on this thread.
WOW. Totally missed that. Yeah... Wow... o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty self explanitory...
High def= Way more detail
Low def= Not so much detail

Vrogy has made a topic showing the availability of high def vs low def.

if there is no way to use cardstock then you can do what I did for my first suit (points to Avitar) You can print in regular paper then use elmers spray glue to glue it to posterboard. Good luck and Welcome.

thats a nice idea to to glue card stock to the paper. i would glue on the side without numbers and i would fold it with it glued on

Why you don't pep with copy paper and resin :p

DSC04099(sm).JPG

Arowin said:
Why you don't pep with copy paper and resin :p

Because maybe looking at the picture he wouldn't want to have some sort of "Hybrid" Mk VI. I guess for people who don't use cardstock, use this pic as an example if you do decide to go with "Copy Paper" instead!! About 2 days wasted right there!!

i get your point but i already i have an idea for making it with copy paper. just glue the card stock to the back of it

kbobdunn said:
i get your point but i already i have an idea for making it with copy paper. just glue the card stock to the back of it
If it works, great. If it doesn't, you've just wasted a lot of time and energy. Like, hours and hours and hours, if it's a high-detail file.

I highly suggest you go the well-tread path of using cardstock, if you're going to use it to reinforce anyways. o_O

Vrogy said:
If it works, great. If it doesn't, you've just wasted a lot of time and energy. Like, hours and hours and hours, if it's a high-detail file.

I highly suggest you go the well-tread path of using cardstock, if you're going to use it to reinforce anyways. o_O

Oh man, the he HD files would be a nightmare to try and do by piecework hehe ._.

Yeah, I think everyone here would highly recommend finding a printer (either through friends or a budget buy) that would allow you to simply print on cardstock. Sooo much easier ;)

Vex did make a good point. When I did that I was using the low res ones. The high res ones would be impossible to do. So if you do decide to go this way use the low res models and dont glue it to card stock glue it to poster board.

i would like to know why glue it to poster board not card stock. i also have not yet tried printing one page at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back