Pony's Build Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The all black pistol is like one of the SEXIEST things I have ever seen. Lol Looking good man.

Hahaha! Thanks bro! It recently got a re-paint earlier this week. It's WAY better that the all black version.

Update!

Here are some pics of my freshly made gauntlet!

gallery_6532_1859_990891.jpg

gallery_6532_1859_400217.jpg

gallery_6532_1859_1661544.jpg

Enjoy!

Next update is coming soon!

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
Hahaha! Thanks bro! It recently got a re-paint earlier this week. It's WAY better that the all black version.

Update!

gallery_6532_1859_990891.jpg

gallery_6532_1859_400217.jpg

gallery_6532_1859_1661544.jpg

Enjoy!

-Pony

First of all your gauntlet looks really nice second im in the process of making odst armor and i was wondering what pep file you used

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
ACDCrockr209 said:

Update!

http://405th.com/forums/uploads/1262805904/gallery_6532_1859_990891.jpg

http://405th.com/forums/uploads/1262805904/gallery_6532_1859_400217.jpg

]http://405th.com/forums/uploads/1262805904/gallery_6532_1859_1661544.jpg

Enjoy!

-Pony

Right on man the gauntlet looks great. The scale looks perfect. I am going to start on these as soon as I am done with my shoulder plates.

Good job on those gaunts pony. I've tried 3 times and can't get mine to come out right. It's the only pep i've ever had trouble with. Which file did you use? I think mine is ancient anyway.

Thanks for the comments dudes!

I had to rescale them before I started, so here are the numbers if anyone wants them...

Hight: 300

Width: 215

Depth: 242

Scale: 27.046276

==========================

On a side note, I have started building the right gaunlet last night, so I'll have pics up in a day or two.

On another side note...I got my new guitar today! It's so badass and totally METAL!!

I'll take some pics later on today.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
Thanks for the comments dudes!

I had to rescale them before I started, so here are the numbers if anyone wants them...

Hight: 300

Width: 215

Depth: 242

Scale: 27.046276

==========================

On a side note, I have started building the right gaunlet last night, so I'll have pics up in a day or two.

On another side note...I got my new guitar today! It's so badass and totally METAL!!

I'll take some pics later on today.

-Pony

What kind is it? I just recently built my own with my dad... It's a custom Eddie Van Halen Frankenstrat replica, made to look factory finished. Pics here if you wanna see 'em... We had a buddy of mine paint the body with automotive paint. http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/factory-finish-frankenstein-t46903.html?t=46903

What kind is it? I just recently built my own with my dad... It's a custom Eddie Van Halen Frankenstrat replica, made to look factory finished. Pics here if you wanna see 'em... We had a buddy of mine paint the body with automotive paint

It's an EX series black Ibanez. I need to get a tremolo for it since it didn't come with one.

-Pony

Hey guys!

I gots a new update for you all!

gallery_6532_1859_1522496.jpg

I got both of them done and they look awesome!

The only bad part about about them is that I can't move my arms much, but that's a quick fix.

I'm going to add a couple of coats of resin on the inside so I can add clay to the outside, so if anyone has any links to good quality clays, please post them here.

Get ready for the next update. It should...how you say...be a burst of fun!

-Pony

"Chavant NPS" is a good high quality clay. You can either get it in soft, medium or hard.

Those gauntlets look pretty good. Try cutting a "U" in the gauntlet the opposite side of the elbow piece so the piece doesn't restrict your bicep and forearm clenching together.

Hey guys, heres an update!

I'm only making one so I can mold it later.

gallery_6532_1859_1523585.jpg

gallery_6532_1859_1833568.jpg

It will be getting the "Milkshake"(Rondo) treatment once it's done and the weather is decent enough.

The back piece should be done in a day or two.

-Pony

Hey guys!

Here's an update for you all to enjoy in a good way!

gallery_6532_1859_6894.jpg

Me with the shoulder "on".

gallery_6532_1859_12327.jpg

Shoulder pic.

It was an easy build in a good way! The floating face is going to be some cardboard that I have already traced the pattern on.

See you all later and be ready for another update in the next fews days.

-Pony

Alright! Looking good so far... really like how clean the folds are. Keep it up bud. Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Alright! Looking good so far... really like how clean the folds are. Keep it up bud. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you for the compliment! I'm more comfortable on doing the pep work with out numbers. It really helps. in a good way.

I'm going to be taking a small break from my ODST project. It looks like my dad has a forvite Spartan Perm, so my armor will have to wait in a good way!

-Pony

i would'nt suggest using cardboard to do that floating face, i used a foamie. cardboard seems too un-rigid and coarse.

rvalera11 said:
MAN Love the design of the Guantlets looks why easier then the ones I have now... I wish i discovered this alot sooner :(

i wanted to make em too, but i didnt know how i would integrate detail into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back