Portal 2 P-body help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so here recently I've decided to work on a P-body costume from portal at the same time while making my bioshock delta costume. Does anyone have any clue how to make that egg shape for P-body??? I am so freaking lost with only that part of him, so I really need your help guys! If you have even a small idea... PLEASE tell it!

you could pep it in two parts (top and bottom), then lots of sanding, It would be lots of work (but when isn't costuming?)

you could pep it in two parts (top and bottom), then lots of sanding, It would be lots of work (but when isn't costuming?)

I've got lots of time, so lots of work is good! I actualy don't know how to do pep models lol I just know how to download them and print them, but that is a great idea!

Some people are able to extract models from Portal 2 and if asked nicely, may be able to get you a 3d model for P-Body. You would then need to either :

A. Break the model up into bits that you can put into pep designer and unfold it or
B. Ask some really nicely to do it.

That is presuming you wish to pep it all, other alternatives are things like foam, etc.
I believe Bevbor is able to extract the models, don't quote me on that, although there are others. You may wish to ask him nicely and he might get a 3d model for you, just remember to be polite and don't expect it straight away.
Of course, you could ask other people or do a quick google and find a way to do it yourself (presuming you have the pc version of Portal 2).

Alright, Squish out.

Maybe make a chicken wire frame and cover it with paper mache and use something to smooth it out? That's probably my suggestion, because it wouldn't be all that heavy or expensive... Good luck, hope you find something that works!

maybe a foam or wood base? Also if there is a portal turret file then you can use the base. That's what p-body is based off.

Ok so say I just get the oval/ egg shape cut out of wood and it's just a 2d flat piece of wood, what would be expected to be put on top of it to make it more round and 3d so I could put paper mâché over it, fiberglass, bondo, and then cut out a place for my body to fit in? Is there even a way to take wood and cut out the shape and then use other materials to make it 3d?

Here ya go:)

The ripped model from the game

P-body.png

It is not unfolded though:p So you need to find someone to unfold it for you.
p-Body.html
Here is a download for the .obj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back