Possible Future Spartans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched in discory channel before about future tech used to aid soldiers in batte, there was one that had a helmet like the Chiefs (with battle info) and a body suit that can lock itself to protect the wearer from injury (like the chief's hehe)

I also read some parts of the article you found, there are a lot of similarities and the guy in the pic looks like he was modelled after the chief himself hahaha :D :D

Last Summer when I was looking into the Army I saw something very much like this I ask about it and they told me they plan to have it out in action in 5 years,thats all I know about that

I wonder how much it costs :p
The USA wants to create and army of real spartans ;)
Guess everyone on the 405th would need to find a new hobby then :lol:

I read in a popular science issue about a super soldier that the military was paying some top scintists to work on. They made a prototype, and it can bench 250 pounds like 400 times.

And heres a link to the web site: http://www.popsci.com/node/20697
Here are some pictures of the proto:

thats awesome. The one nynjamasta posted Ive seen. That really does remind me of how the spartan I armor was described in one of the books. Ghosts of Onyx I think it was. but that armor was so powerful, an untrained marine lifted his arm up, and the armor was so sensitive, it made the bone in his arm come out of his arm and tore a bunch of stuff or something dramatic like that. hopefully that doesnt happen with real armor...lol

didnt read much into the aricle but actual spartans would be great if they didnt have some guy vaccume form his suit with plastic and make it look really corny. if it was a legit looking thing then i might buy into it.. but no.. as for the second exoskeliton is concerened i wasnt the blueprints and designs to come out so we can make large scale mechs like alien movies or matrix maybe?

Ok, seriously...someone get Adam a plane ticket so he can help those guys develop some "real" armor. The guy has virtually has no protection in the thighs and lower torso, not to mention the armor is really thin-like.

If they are going to make a super soldier for the army they could of at least took some if not all the refernce to the spartan II armor (with bungie's permission and blessings of course heh heh).

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

ACDCrockr209 said:
Ok, seriously...someone get Adam a plane ticket so he can help those guys develop some "real" armor. The guy has virtually has no protection in the thighs and lower torso, not to mention the armor is really thin-like.

If they are going to make a super soldier for the army they could of at least took some if not all the refernce to the spartan II armor (with bungie's permission and blessings of course heh heh).

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

That's just the exoskeleton concept that they're working on. It's a combination of master chief and the Power Loader from Aliens. You can lift up to 1000 lbs with it and run at top speed in full gear for a very long time so long as the power source keeps running, which is what they're working on right now. I know that this will definitely be armored like a tank when it finally comes out, but right now - as you can see - it's still in development.

However, just the MKVI armor that we make could be deployed in the field to our people without motor assist by manufacturing all the parts with a thick carbon fiber shell, Kevlar linings, and ceramic plate or polycarbonate reinforcement in higher impact areas like the torso front & back, the gut plate, the groin area, and the thighs. With the advances in bullet proofing that are coming out every year, a MKVI full harness done with the triple layer method might weigh only about 60lbs overall, or about the same as a medieval full steel suit of armor. Not too bad when it's pretty evenly distributed across the body. The undersuit could easily be made of black Kevlar with rifle rated (defeating a 7.62 round) ceramic plates like dragon skin. We just need to find someone to give us at the 405th a contract :D

The exoskeleton will probably look something more like the Deus Ex MJ12 Commandos though when it's done:

14.jpg

Full ballistic protection with a HUD equipped with a visual shifter like predator (Normal/Night/Thermal/Electrical) and rocket launchers and M60s mounted under the blast shields near the hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, I think this project has been around for quite some time. There is much more reference they are pulling from than just Halo. The biggest reference I can remember was this book written in I think the sixties or seventies has space marines in it, their exo-suits were the basis for the powered armor the Marines and overall Terran Infantry used in Starcraft. I think there will be something more like that.

Yeah, since after the Korean and/or Vietnam wars the government began looking into super soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back