Possibly The Greatest Musician Of Our Time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronster

Dallas Green of Alexisonfire in his solo band, City and Colour.

dallasgreen1.jpg

He's announcing his US tour tomorrow and I'm more than excited to be able to hear this amazing artist live.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVwijXeLwLA[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVHk4dc7yaE[/video]

While I won't deny he's good at what he does - I've definitely seen better.

His voice fits for the style in which he writes, but this song in no way show-cases his technical skill as a guitarist, which is a great portion to being "The Greatest Musician of Our Time", in fact the vocals in this particular song are nothing to write home about.

The Greatest Musician Of Our Time.... maybe in your eyes but not everyone elses. there is really no category as to what a great musician is.. this sounds like some stuff ive heard before but not from this guy. their is better for sure. ill say he may be good. ive never heard of him till now. but please dont claim anything is the greatest unless you know for sure that more than just you will know who this guy is.

another thing... umm a myspace musician... how many people even use myspace anymore?

edit: sorry didnt see that he was from alexis on fire... i think he was better off with the band... he may become a country artist but no pop star thats for sure.

He's Canadian, and has won several Juno awards.

I believe he's much more popular in the northern states and up in Canada.

He has a song featuring Gord Downie of the Tragically Hip, and he's very popular in Canada.

Those were just a couple songs that I just wanted to throw up there. He has two albums currently out and he's supposed to be working on a third.

As far as guitar talent goes, listen to Alexisonfire--as he is the lead guitarist--or any of his other songs and you will see that he might be playing seemingly simple chords but he's adds his on flare with is very difficult to replicate. Check the vid above to see him shred some.

As far as "Greatest musician of our time" goes, I'll admit that is a clearly opinionated statement.

It's just that you listen to his lyrics and the way he sings...he puts so much heart into what he does and that's something you don't quite see anymore with the rise of pop and hip hop. He is actually much better live and how many artists can you say that about...?

As far as being a Myspace musician... that was just a thing he did for Myspace. He got his start with Alexisonfire, not Myspace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of him... Same with all of my buddies at school. They know him from Alexis on Fire, but they never heard of him alone.

As for the greatest artest of all time...No. Possibly in your eyes, but hes close to the bottom with me. But hey, I'm all Metallica, Iron Maiden and Jimi Hendrix...

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
But hey, I'm all Metallica, Iron Maiden and Jimi Hendrix...

Haha, I've got some friends who are the same way and they couldn't give a care who Dallas Green is.

I guess it just boils down to what you like...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm also from Canada, and while Alexisonfire might be a radio-friendly band, they are not as rampant or have as much of a solid fan-base in Alberta.

In terms of his technical skill on the guitar, I understand he has his own personal flare, but they are still just that - simple chords. From what I've seen he hasn't been recognized by any major musical institution, so that right there cancels him out for this title.

There are much better musicians in our day and age (Brian Haner JR "AKA Synyster Gates" or Matthew Bellamy or even well more known in terms of producing, Trent Reznor, albeit I'm not really a fan of his). Want an under-appreciated guitarist? John5 or Jade Puget.

I understand you've admitted yourself it was personal opinion, and for that I most likely shouldn't even be responding, but nonetheless, I'm a sucker for getting my 2cents out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back